08

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Fight

 

A sharp pain struck his heart as he stopped his feet. He took a deep breath and glanced at his watch. He only had a two minutes before his class started, and his class was three minutes away from where he was.

 

Wait.                     

 

"Shoot! I'm going to be late for Baekhyun's vocal class!" D.O exclaimed. Before he knew it, he took off as fast as he could, forgetting all his troubled thoughts. 

 

 

 

Once again, Chanyeol decided to ditch his class. He thought that math was a waste of time and rather be outside. When Chanyeol arrived to a random tree, he quickly rubbed his hands together and glanced his surroundings. So far, he spotted no one around him. Taking a deep breath, he jumped on the tree and started to climb it, being careful not to get any splinters.

 

In minutes, Chanyeol was up on the thickest and highest branch. He grinned and hid himself above the leaves so that when the teachers looked up, they would only see the bright, green leaves than Chanyeol himself. As he turned around, he almost screamed.

 

"What…"

 

"Sh!" the girl whispered. Chanyeol stared at Yuri, as she pointed above her. There was Kris, sleeping soundly right above Yuri's head. Chanyeol looked back at Yuri and frowned at her.

 

"I thought…You…"

 

Yuri let out a small, embarrassed chuckle. "It's a long story, but I don't want to go to class today."

 

"No, not that. I thought you didn't like trees," Chanyeol pointed out. Yuri bit her bottom lip.

 

"Well…I saw you climb it and everything, and you seemed to enjoy it. I tried it myself, and I was going to go down, but…it's too high," Yuri said, her cheeks shaded in deep red. She was obviously embarrassed, and she continued, saying, "Plus, Kris was up here. If I went down, I might've made a lot of noise. He would get mad."

 

"Oh, I see. So…are you ditching class because of Sehun?" Chanyeol asked, leaning his back against the trunk of the tree. Yuri sighed.

 

"I guess. I'm not feeling so well, either," Yuri added.

 

"You should go home. Suho hyung can take care of you," Chanyeol suggested. Yuri shook her head. She curled herself up into a ball and rested her head against her knee.

 

"No, I don't want to bother Suho oppa. He's done so much for me. I would rather ditch school than go home, being all depressed," Yuri confessed half-heartedly. Chanyeol paused for a moment. Then, a mischievous grin appeared on Chanyeol's face. He quickly dropped down to the ground and landed on his feet perfectly. He looked up at Yuri and motioned her to jump down the tree. Yuri quickly shook her head until she saw Chanyeol raising his hands.

 

"I'll catch you," Chanyeol mouthed silently. Yuri hesitated for a moment, and then took a deep breath. She quickly closed her eyes and hopped down the tree, praying that Chanyeol could catch her. Before she knew it, her body was in Chanyeol's arm. He stuck his tongue out playfully and helped Yuri stand back on her feet. "Come on."

 

He quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her to the front gates of the school. Yuri's eyes widened as she turned to the building and back at the gates.

 

"Are we doing what I'm thinking we're doing?" Yuri asked. Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter