03

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leader and Maknae

"Oppa! I'm hungry!" A ten-year-old Suho turned around, only to find a little girl around the age of four running towards him. As she made her way to Suho, she accidentally slipped on the waxed floor and tripped over her socks. She almost fell on her face, but injured her knee and hands. She stared at her hands and knees, which were getting bright red. Suddenly, tears began to trickle down her face. "Wah!!!"

Suho sighed. He walked over to the little girl, and then stuck a small sandwich in . The girl blinked her eyes, as her tears kept falling down from her cheek. He stared at the red marks and scowled.

"This…It shouldn't even hurt! It's just a minor injury!" Suho retorted. He glanced up at the little girl, who seemed like she would sob any minute now. Suho groaned. Then suddenly, he pecked his lips against the girl's hands and knees. 

"W-What are you doing?" the young girl asked, staring at Suho dumbly. Suho narrowed his eyes.

"I'm kissing the boo-boo away. Now will you be quiet?" Suho snapped.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the first girl who had stayed with the seven boys, Suho might've been the irritated, arrogant boy who could care less about the little ones.

The next morning, Yuri did not want to see anyone. Even Kai, who was so far the closest to Yuri, wasn't allowed to see her. They all blamed this situation on the oldest, who had arrived home during three in the morning. As the boys suddenly heard footsteps coming down the stairs, their heads turned around. Sehun came down the stairs alone with a gloomy expression.

"Is she coming down?" D.O asked with a hint of hope. The maknae shook his head, as everyone groaned. They all stared at Suho. 

"It's up to you, Suho hyung," Baekhyun said, patting Suho's shoulder. Suho raised an eyebrow.

"Eh?! Why me?" he exclaimed, widening his eyes. Chanyeol went up to Suho and sighed.

"Well, first of all, the guys won't even let me try to cheer Yuri up," Chanyeol started. He glared at Kai specifically, but Kai ignored him. "Second of all, you're the only one – except for me – who never went up to make Yuri happy. So basically, we're giving you a whole lot of pressure. It's all up to you, Suho hyung!"

Suho rolled his eyes. "Oh wow. Thanks for making me feel a ton more confident, Yeol."

Chanyeol gave Suho a fake grin. "No problem, hyung. Now hurry up and get up on your feet! We don't want to waste time!"

Suho didn't budge. In fact, he wasn't sure if he wanted to go up the stairs to help out Yuri. To be honest, he was kind of scared that he might make the situation worst. The boys pushed Suho up the stairs until he finally made it in front of Yuri. Suho took a deep breath, and sighed. He his lips nervously, and knocked on the door.

For a moment, there was no answer. He was just about to leave until he heard a voice through the door.

"Who is it?" Yuri called. Suho froze, and the six other boys stood still. Suho turned to face the door and scratched the back of his head.

"It's…Er…Suho," Suho mumbled awkwardly. One second later, he heard the door being unlocked. The boy's eyes widened, especially Kai's, D.O's, and Chanyeol's. They enviously stared at Suho as the door opened a bit. Out poked Yuri's pale and bony face. 

"I'm thinking that you're coming here because you want to help me feel better, hm?" Yuri mumbled. Suho shrugged his shoulders, but then quickly nodded his head. He suddenly heard Yuri's stomach growl, making her blush in embarrassment. "But first, get me some food. Then you can come in."

"Take a seat," Yuri said. It's been fifteen minutes, and Suho was able to bring out a bowl of rice, two bottles of water, and a dish of kimchi. Suho took a seat at the corner of the bed as Yuri sat down at her study table and quickly began to fill her stomach with food.

"Eat slower," Suho urged her. "You're going to choke or something."

Yuri narrowed her eyes at Suho. "But I'm hungry."

"But you need to eat safer–"

"But. I'm. Hungry." Yuri almost growled at Suho, but was able to control her emotion. He realized that if it came to food, it was best for him not to mess with her. He watched her eat silently, until Yuri finally chugged down some water. With a loud, refreshing "ah", Yuri turned around and brightened up her expression. "So…What are you going to tell me?"

Suho opened his mouth, but then quickly closed it. "Actually, I was wondering why you invited me instead of the other guys."

Yuri sighed. "I didn't want to talk to them. It's…embarrassing." 

She blushed, as Suho tilted his head a bit.

"What's so embarrassing about you about to get attacked by a group of gangs? You shouldn't be embarrassed about that," Suho said with a frown. Yuri shrugged her shoulders. 

"But then someone knows me. One of the strangers even said that I look like someone. I want to know the person, but…" Yuri hesitated for a moment. She wasn't sure how to complete her sentence. Heck, she didn't know why she was telling Suho all this. Suho bent his back a bit and folded his hands.

"You can tell me," he said softly. "I'll listen."

Yuri kept quiet as she pressed her lips together. Then, slowly, she rolled up her jeans to reveal a red mark on her knee. Suho raised an eyebrow, seeing that her knee was bleeding only a bit.

"I'm scared that I'm going to get hurt," Yuri whispered. Suho dropped his mouth. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. It was only a small scratch, and she was making a whole big deal out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter