06

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What?"

"I mean, her face literally glows under the moon, with that tan skin of her" Chanyeol pointed out.

"Um, Chanyeol, are you…"

"I want to go to sleep, too." Chanyeol paused, and then flashed Baekhyun a quick grin. "Hey Baekhyun hyung, can I carry her now? I'll bring her to my room since it's the closest and–"

Smack! Baekhyun flicked his fingers on Chanyeol forehead, causing Chanyeol to crouch and groan in pain.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!" Chanyeol cried, rubbing his red forehead. Baekhyun snickered and quickly walked away from the injured boy.

Okay, good. I thought Chanyeol was going to say something weird again, Baekhyun thought, heaving a sigh. Though Chanyeol was a erted virus, saying things like Yuri was "beautiful" and her face "glowing under the moon" was definitely not like Chanyeol.

After all, Chanyeol always failed to be a poetic kid.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Glancing at the clock, Sehun sighed. It was thirty minutes past nine, and almost half of the boys weren't here. Kris, of course, went out to do whatever he did, Chanyeol said that he was going to hang out with his buddies, and Baekhyun…

The maknae bit his bottom lips and felt his head banging inside. Baekhyun was with Yuri, and it was getting pretty late. As much as he wanted to go outside and search for the two, he didn't. It would be too weird if he went out this late. Besides, Suho wouldn't allow him to go out this late.

"Not sleepy?"

"How can I go to sleep when she's out this late?" Kai asked, scratching his head. He glanced at his watch. In about twenty minutes, it would be ten o'clock. Suho gave Kai a soft smile and took a seat across from Kai.

"Want me to make you something like warm milk?" Suho offered. Kai scoffed.

"I'm not a kid, hyung," Kai said.

"So is Yul and Baekhyun. What happened to you watching out for Kris these days? If I'm correct, you should be out dragging Kris inside the house by the ear," Suho said. Kai turned away from Suho and tapped his fingers on the kitchen table.

"Kris hyung isn't a kid now, I guess."

"He still has a nose for trouble," Suho pointed out. Kai glanced at his hyung, who drank small gulps of water.

"You want me to find Kris hyung and bring him back in, don't you?" Kai asked, heaving a sigh. Suho grinned.

"Aw, JongInie! You'd do that for me? Thanks!" Suho exclaimed, jumping to conclusion. He patted Kai's shoulder, as Kai dropped his jaws.

 

"…Are. You. Serious."

"Yes, I am! We have to study together!"

"…Aren't you an idiot?"

"No, I'm not! If I'm an idiot, I wouldn't even be going to school or having a conversation with you."

"…You got to be kidding me," Kris mumbled. Yuri frowned and turned to Kai.

"Kai! Help me!" Yuri whined. Kai gave Yuri a small smile and pinched Kris's arm. Kris screamed in pain, and pushed away Kai's hand. Kris glared at Kai.

"What the heck was that for?" Kris snapped.

"Relax! It was just a pinch," Kai replied calmly.

"Just a pinch? Okay, it might be just a two-finger tactic, but it seriously hurt! You know that I got into a gang fight recently and injured my arm there!" Kris grunted.

"Well if you weren't an idiot, you could've been a good boy and stayed away from those fights," Kai reasoned, poking his toothpick in a slice of apple. He popped the apple in his mouth and chewed calmly. Kris narrowed his eyes and stood up.

"Forget this! I don't even know why I'm even here with you two," Kris grumbled.

"But we have a test coming up and we should study!" Yuri whined, pouting. Kris crossed his arms.

"First of all, I don't study. Second of all, get out of my room! Who gave you permission to come in my room?" Kris asked, pointing at the door. Yuri's eyes watered a bit, and Kai gave Yuri a small hug to cheer her up.

"Ya, ya. Be a bit nicer," Kai told him. "Plus, your grades can't compete with hers, either."

"You're just being nice to her because you're the 'gentleman' of this house," Kris protested. "My job is to be the rebel of this house."

"What job? The last time you had a job that you were payed for was years ago when you did your chores," Kai mumbled. Yuri giggled quietly, but immediately stopped when Kris shot her a cold glare. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Come in!"

Kris widened his eyes. "Ya! You can't do anything on your own will–"

The door creaked open and three pairs of eyes met D.O's innocent look. "Are you guys doing fine?"

"Kai and I are, but not Kris," Yuri said, heaving a sigh. D.O smiled at Yuri sympathetically, as Kai put his pencil on his notebook.

"Hey, but Kris is improving his behavior. Before, he would've kicked me and Yuri out of the house by now. He's actually letting us have a conversation with him!" Kai pointed out. D.O smirked as Yuri smiled at Kris. Kris, enraged, gritted his teeth and glowered at Kai, D.O, and Yuri.

"Get. The. Heck. Out. Of. My. Room."

Yuri pouted. "Now–"

"Now!" Kris yelled. Yuri's body froze in fear, as Kai rubbed his ears. D.O quickly ran out of the room, not wanting to get in a fight with Kris. Kai sighed and grabbed his belongings.

"Fine, fine. We could've done something together for a change," Kai muttered. Kris scoffed.

"Together? You got to be joking. Her words are polluting your minds. Why can't we send her to a hotel and go back to how it used to be without this block-head?" Kris suggested, pointing at Yuri. Yuri felt her visions blur, but she obviously held her tears back. Kai gave Kris a disapproving look. He stood up and met Kris's cold, brown eyes.

"You used to have a lot more manners than this," Kai told him.

"And you used to be less annoying than now,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter