01

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At School

 

"So how is Kris like?" Yuri asked, her eyes gleaming with excitement. Sehun carefully thought about that question. Then, he bluntly replied, "A rude, arrogant guy."

Yuri bit her bottom lips. That wasn't the kind of reply she was thinking of. She at least thought that the maknae thought of Kris differently than the rest.

"Er, how does he look like?" Yuri asked.

"He's very handsome. Not as handsome as Kai, though. Kai is the charming guy. Kris hyung just has the looks. He's only nice at school or near other adults," Sehun explained as the two arrived at the front gate of the school.

At least he said something else than about Kris being rude, Yuri thought to herself.

"Is that it?" Yuri asked. Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

"Pretty much," he said, nodding his head. Yuri pursed her lips and nodded her head. She sighed until she spotted a large, white school with gates colored in black. Yuri dropped and stared at the tall building. Was she really going to go to this school?

Sehun, who noticed Yuri's shocked face, chuckled. "Come on. I'm sure that Kris hyung is in his classroom. He's always in the classroom."

"Is there a music room?" Yuri asked, her eyes shining with hope.

"Of course. This is a high class school–"

"Can you take me there first? Kris can wait just a bit," Yuri asked politely. Sehun stared at Yuri, and then tilted his head a bit.

So she's into music, Sehun thought. He sighed, and shook his head.

"No, sorry. If we go to music, you might not be able to see Kris the whole day until tomorrow morning. He's a hard boy to spot," Sehun said apologetically. Yuri pouted, and then nodded her head.

"Oh I see. Then…come on! Let's go and see Kris!" Yuri exclaimed, dragging Sehun into the building. Sehun smiled softly and chuckled.

For a girl, she tries really hard to hide her disappointment, he thought.

 

"Chanyeol, what the heck are you doing?" Suho asked, frowning at the strange face that Chanyeol was making. Chanyeol stuck his lips out and frowned is nose in annoyance, as he turned away from Suho. Suho raised an eyebrow and glanced at Kai.

"Do you know what his problem is?" Suho asked. Kai shrugged and grabbed his backpack.

"I think Baekhyun made him mad, or maybe he's just mad that he couldn't walk to school with Yuri today," Kai said, shrugging his shoulders again.

"Probably the second one," Suho said, nodding his head. 

"No, it's the first one. Baekhyun lost Chanyeol's precious cell phone," D.O replied, crackling. 

"I didn't lose his cell phone! It just slipped out of my hands and dived into the toilet by itself! I'm telling you, that cell phone has hands and feet!" Baekhyun protested.

"Bah!" Chanyeol replied from afar. Kai and D.O chuckled at Chanyeol's response as Baekhyun whined at Suho.

"Joonmyun hyung, do something! He can't stay bad at me forever, right?" Baekhyun complained. Suho laughed along with Kai and D.O and shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. You know how mad be can be," Suho replied.

"What does that supposed to me? You're my hyung? You're supposed to make things better!" Baekhyun whined. He started to follow Suho around as Kai glanced at Chanyeol. He caught Chanyeol staring at the door with bright, hopeful eyes. 

You're waiting for Yuri to return and walk with you, aren't you? Kai thought.

When Yuri and Sehun finally got Yuri's schedule, he led her to Kris's classroom. She would be taking her classes with Kris and Kai, since they shockingly had the same schedule as her.

"You know, it's kind of shocking how you're in the same class as the dummies," Sehun muttered. Yuri's eyes shot up.

"What? What do you mean? Am I dumb?" Yuri panicked. She never thought that she would be at the lowest class. Though this was a very high-standard school, so it made sense for her to be in such a low class.

"Not really. Kris hyung is really smart, but he's just there because he can't get along with people and always goes solo when doing group projects. Kai hyung is here because he flunked a class. Suho hyung demanded an answer, but Kai hyung wouldn't say anything. I'm not going to be surprised if it's because of Kris hyung. Then again, there's Baekhyun hyung, who plays trick. Last week, he accidentally ate Suho hyung's homework since Suho hyung wouldn't make him food," Sehun explained. The two laughed, until they arrived at the quiet room.

"…Is this really my classroom?" Yuri asked softly. There were two girls, who were gossiping and glancing at a certain boy at the corner of the room. The boy had dark hair, and he seemed annoyed by the stares of the girls.

That must be Kris, Yuri thought, noticing that there wasn't any other boys in the classroom.

"Don't worry, the classroom will get chatty and crowded once JongIn arrives," Sehun assured. "Anyways, I'll be going. Have fun with Kris hyung…and don't get him mad!"

With that, Sehun took off before Yuri was able to say a word. The room suddenly seemed to grow cold. The atmosphere was tense, and when Yuri took a step, the two girls stared at her. Yuri bit her bottom lips, and gently waved.

"Uh, hello…?" Yuri said shyly. The two girls examined Yuri for a moment, and then went back to their chat. Yuri heaved a sigh in relief as she walked up to Kris. Kris ignored her, until Yuri cautiously sat next to him. He turned his head around and glared at Yuri.

"I'm not some kind of animal. I don't bite. There's no reason for you to sit cautiously like that. Sheesh, what is wrong with people these days?" Kris snapped rudely. Yuri jumped, and then glanced at the two girls who were sitting far away from the room. No wonder they kept their distance from Kris.

He was harsh.

Like the maknae had said, when Kai arrived at the classroom, he was swarmed by girls and even a few guys. Yuri could tell that everyone admired him, and so did she. She glanced at Kris, who seemed to be sleeping. He hid his face in his arms and rested his head against the table, facing the window. 

Poor guy, Yuri thought sympathetically. He must've been out all night or something.

"Hey Yul, I see you got to school safe and sound," Kai said, as he approached the fellow girl. Yuri blushed a bit and silently nodded her head. 

"Yep, I did...With Sehun's help, of course," Yuri added. Kai smiled and turned to Kris, who still ignored the large crowd behind Kai. When Kris turned his head and rolled his eyeballs to see Kai, the squeals from the crowd immediately stopped. Yuri frowned, obviously confused. However, she could sense the tense atmosphere between the two. Kris heaved a sigh and rested his chin against the table.

"What?" he asked bitterly. The crowd took a step back, and even Yuri scooted her chair to the side. Kai leaned in and glared at Kris.

"Where were you last night?" Kai asked. He paused for a moment for Kris to answer. 

"Around," Kris bluntly replied. The crowd took another step back, but Yuri didn't move this time. She was getting really curious with the relationship Kris had with Kai.

"Hyung, I'm serious. You didn't even get to properly greet yourself to our guest, Yuri-ssi," Kai said, gracefully pointing at Yuri. Kris rolled his brown orbs towards Yuri, as she gave him a small smile and a little wave. His eyes quickly glanc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter