05

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date? Not Really

Yuri's cheeks were clearly pink on the day of her first date with Baekhyun. She had personally asked Kai and Sehun to help her choose her outfit. Chanyeol, who was almost never helpful at times, actually pitched in by talking about all of Baekhyun's favorites. She was assigned to wait in front of a small store that sold many cute accessories for girls of all ages. She puffed her cheeks, rocked her feet back and forward, and sighed.

"Yul!" Yuri looked up and faced the familiar man who was running towards her. Baekhyun grinned and continued to run towards her. Once he arrived, he dropped his hands on his knees and panted. "Sorry that I'm late! I had to run some errands!"

Yuri smiled softly at Baekhyun. "N-No problem. Er…so what do you have planned or us today?"

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders. "Not much. You can't really have fun on a date for only an hour. I was thinking that we should just look around and eat." Baekhyun glanced at the adorable outfit Uiro was wearing. "By the way, you look nice."

Yuri blushed at Baekhyun's compliment and stared down at her outfit. She was only wearing a comfortable yellow t-shirt with a blue skirt. She complained earlier to Kai how her skirt seemed to revealing, but then Sehun pointed out that the skirt was only half way above her knee. She glanced at Baekhyun, only to realize that he was just wearing any comfortable clothes a guy would wear: a pair of blue jeans, a white shirt, and a brown jacket to warm him up.

"You look pretty good, too, Baekhyun-ssi–"

"Since we're dating right now, you should call me Baekhyun 'oppa.' Or is it to uncomfortable for you to say?" Baekhyun asked. Yuri smiled and shook her head.

"No, I can call you Baekhyun oppa. I already called Kyungsoo 'oppa,' too," Yuri explained. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" Baekhyun asked with a hint of suspicion in his voice. Yuri grinned.

"Yep! So where do you want to go first?" Yuri questioned, twirling a bit. Baekhyun paused for a moment, and then slightly frowned.

"Hey Yul, before we start our date, can we go to the café and talk for a second?" Baekhyun asked her. Yuri stared at Baekhyun, blinked her eyes, and then nodded her head with a dumbfounded expression. Was she in trouble for calling D.O 'oppa' or something?

Once the two arrived at a café, they quickly ordered a cup of coffee and a small cup of hot chocolate. Yuri uneasily stared at Baekhyun, who had a serious expression. She felt like she did some kind of crime, and the atmosphere between them was even more tense between an officer and a criminal.

"So Yul, who were you with on the day you went the nurse office? I heard that you felt sick," Baekhyun said smoothly.

"Um…Kai and D.O were with me when I told them that I felt sick, but then D.O took me to the nurse's office. I wasn't really sick, though. I just felt a bit upset because of Kris's comment," Yuri explained, playing with her fingers. She didn't understand why she was being questioned. Weren't they supposed to be on their date?

"Did you say something weird to D.O or anything?" Baekhyun asked. Yuri shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't think so. I only asked him if I can call him D.O 'oppa' instead of being too formal," Yuri answered confidently. Why was D.O part of the question, anyways? A sudden thought popped into Yuri's head. "Um, Baekhyun oppa…Perhaps this isn't really a date? Maybe it's just for you to get something from me?"

Baekhyun stared at Yuri, blinked his eyes for a moment, and then smirked. "You're pretty clever, aren't you? Yeah, this isn't really a date. I couldn't say that I wanted to take you to the café and question about D.O when he was always tagging along me. If you were looking forward to our date, I'm sorry. I'm just not the type of guy who would go out a lot."

A sharp pain stabbed Yuri's heart. She was speechless, and felt betrayed. "O-Oh. I see."

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way. It's just that D.O…He was dancing, and he seemed really off. I was just worried about him, and thought that you might've done something," Baekhyun explained. At that moment, he stood up and smiled. "I'll be right back. I'll use the restroom and get our drinks. Then we'll continue on our little 'date,' okay?"

Yuri gave him a weak smile. "S-Sure."

Baekhyun quickly walked away, leaving Yuri hurt. She felt like a fool for believing that she was actually going on a date, for the first time. Her eyes watered a bit, and she quickly looked down.

At that same time, Yur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter