02

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fight and Knight

School passed by rather quickly, and Yuri was exhausted. When she got up, the first thing she did was go straight to her room and lie down on her bed. Going to such a high-standard school was tiring, especially when you're from a normal school. She rested her eyes, and began to think about each and individual boy. In particular, Kris and Kai popped in her had. She frowned. 

It's weird, she thought, how Kris and Kai live under the same roof for years, but they keep on fighting. I wonder how they stand each other.

She heaved a sigh and decided to change her uniform into something more comfortable. She checked her closet, and picked out a plain t-shirt with a pair of skinny jeans.

This should do for now, Yuri thought, tossing the clothes on her bed. She closed the windows in case someone would spy her changing through the clear class. She decided to change in her bedroom instead of the bathroom, since no one would barge into her room without knocking.

Who wouldn't knock before they come into someone's room?

Kai groaned in pain as he pressed his ice pack against his head. Baekhyun grunted when Suho tossed him the ointment for his scratches.

"Thanks," Baekhyun said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. 

"No problem," Suho replied humbly. Kai would grin if he could, but if he did, the cut on the corner of his lips would rip even more. Sehun and Chanyeol stared at the two injured boys in awe.

"Kris hyung did this? Seriously? Man…why'd you get into a fight, anyways? You know how tough he is," Chanyeol said. D.O sighed and shook his head as he stared at Kai.

"What did you do to make him so angry, anyways?" D.O asked. Kai shrugged his shoulders. He would tell if he wanted to, but decided not to tell them. After all, was it that important?

Suddenly, all six of them heard a loud slam at the door. Suho stood up, but quickly sat down once he met with the lone-wolf's deadly eyes. Suho stayed away from Kris, but he wasn't alone. Everyone except Kai and Baekhyun stayed away from Kris's cold and dark gaze. Kris was just about to climb up the stairs when Baekhyun shouted, "You got issues, hyung. Really big issues."

Kris sent a death glare at Baekhyun. "Oh, really. What am I supposed to do now?"

Baekhyun flinched at Kris's icy comment. Kris snorted, as he climbed up two steps. Suddenly, Kai stood up, despite his head aching from the pain.

"YAa" Kai shouted. "You owe an apology to Yuri!"

Kris rolled his eyes to Kai. "And why should I do that?"

"You almost punched Yuri."

"So?"

"Punching a lady is against the law, Kris," Chanyeol snapped.

"So? At least I'm not some kind of stupid virus and erts person like you are. Don't you know that girls hate erts these days?" Kris snapped back. Chanyeol stood up and glared at Kris.

"What'd you say?!"

Swhun tugged on Chanyeol's shirt. "Hyung…"

"Take that back!" Chanyeol demanded, shoving away Sehun's hand. Kris groaned in boredom as he cracked his neck by rotating it in a circular motion. He flicked his tongue at Chanyeol and glared at him.

"Wanna fight? We can take it outside," Kris challenged. D.O's eyes widened.

"Guys, stop!" he cried.

"Oh yeah? Sure, let's fight! In fact, let's take it from here!" Chanyeol agreed angrily. Kris stormed down the stairs, cracking his knuckles. Everyone could tell that Kris was prepared. Was Chanyeol prepared? Not so much.

"Guys! Chill! Come on, we can do better than this! Are we really going to fight over a girl like this?" Suho asked nervously. Kris scoffed.

"We're not fighting for a girl. We're fighting to see whether Chanyeol's a truly erted guy or not."

"And I'm definitely not erted! At least I'm way nicer to girls than you are!" Chanyeol exclaimed. Kris glared at Chanyeol.

"I can be nice, too! In fact, I can go back up and apologize to that Yu-whatever-ri-girl," Kris replied confidently. 

"Then prove it!"

"I will!" Kris declared. He stormed back up the stairs with a frustrated expression. Besides, all he had to do was say sorry to their guest, right? It'd be simple!

When he arrived in front of Yuri's room, he quickly grabbed the doorknob, twisted it, and pushed the door open.

"Hey, I'm–" he paused for a moment, and stared at Yuri. Yuri stared back at Kris with fear and shock written all over her face. He continued to stare with a clueless expression, only to see Yuri about to wear her top shirt. Her face quickly reddened as she suddenly screamed her lungs out. The scream scared the crows on the tree outside, and could be heard blocks down the streets. 

Kris clamped his ears and quickly closed the door before hollering, "I'm sorry!"

What kind of girl doesn't lock the door before changing?! he wondered, clearly embarrassed.

 

 

 

"What kind of girl doesn't lock their door when changing?"

"What kind of guy doesn't knock before opening the door?"

"Well how was I supposed to know that you were changing?"

"Well how was I supposed to know that you were going to barge into my room?"

"I did not barge in your room!" Kris declared, angrily slamming his fist against the table. Kai quietly glared at Kris, as Yuri stood up from her chair. Her cheeks were beet red, but she did not care about how warm her cheeks were. She was furious with Kris's arguments and complaints.

"Yes you did! You just opened the door without knocking!" Yuri argued back.

"You should've locked the door in the first place! Don't you know that if you want some privacy, you lock your door?" Kris yelled.

"But locking the door seems so mean!" Yuri whined. "I'm a guest, and if I lock the door, it'll make the other boys feel upset, thinking that they aren't making me happy!"

Kris flinched. His eyes remained angry, and his hands balled up into a fist. He knew he should come up with a comeback, but he pulled himself back. He forced himself to heave a sigh and darkly glare at Yuri.

"You. Shut up," Kris muttered. Yuri dropped her jaws as Kris stormed away from the kitchen. She stared at the other six boys, who stared at the situation uncomfortably.

"Do you allow him to keep this act?" Yuri asked Suho. Suho shrugged his shoulders.

"The last time I told him to stop being a jerk, I got a broken arm," Suho muttered. Yuri shook her head in disbelief. This. This was truly unacceptable.

How could these guys life with each other? Yuri wondered. Kai sighed and got up. He smiled at Yuri softly and patted her head, making her cheeks flush.

"I'll be in my room, okay?" Kai said. Yuri slightly pouted, as Kai put his arms down to his side. He turned to his other members, smiled a bit as if it was some kind of secret message, and left the kitchen. Yuri quietly heaved a sigh as Chanyeol scowled.

"Oh, so he's allowed to touch her, but I'm not?" Chanyeol grunted. Suho patted the angry little boy.

"That's because Kai's more mature than you, Chanyeol-ah."

"Oh, I’m his hyung and I'm not mature? Someone call a lawyer, I demand to see my lawyer!" Chanyeol shouted. He continued to kick his legs and shout his complaints as Baekhyun grabbed him.

"I'll take him to his room!" Baekhyun hollered over Chanyeol's shouts. The rest of the boys quickly agreed as Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol out of the kitchen. Suho sighed and turned to the sink.

"So, anyone wants to help me cook dinner?" Suho asked. He heard the legs of the chairs being scrapped against the wooden floor. He waited for five more seconds, wondering who was able to get out of kitchen and who was still . After ten more seconds, he calmly said, "Stop."

Suho spun his body around, only to find the maknae and Yuri in the kitchen. He raised an eyebrow, as he thought, So D.O was able to get out of this mess.

"Sehun, you're helping with dinner," Suho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter