09

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heartbeat

"Here's your ice cream." Chanyeol handed an ice cream cone to Yuri, who gladly accepted the sweet treat. She smiled warmly at Chanyeol, who smiled back.

"Thank you," Yuri thanked. "I'm sorry for being so selfish. I mean, you dragged me out of school and bought me ice cream!"

Chanyeol just smiled. "Well, you are accompanying me. Hm... How about after this, we go to an arcade and play some games?"

Yuri laughed. "That sounds fun!"

Chanyeol smiled softly at Yuri, who happily lapped her melting ice cream. He continued to stare at her, realizing how dazzling she looked when she smiled. He suddenly noticed how bright her eyes were, and how blinding it was to see her face glow with joy and happiness. When Chanyeol stared at Yuri's soft, pink lips, he wondered if she had ever kissed anyone before. 

Thump.

"Um…Chanyeol?" Yuri said quietly. Chanyeol snapped out of his thoughts and felt his cheeks feel a lot warmer than before.

"Y…Yeah?" Chanyeol asked.

"Your ice cream…" Yuri used her index finger to point at Chanyeol's ice cream, which was dripped all over his hand. Chanyeol's cheeks flushed as Yuri scurried to grab some napkins out of her pocket. She quickly grabbed Chanyeol's hand and began to wipe the sticky ice cream. Chanyeol almost heard his heart race, and he was deeply afraid that Yuri could hear his heart beat.

Slap! Yuri slowly looked into Chanyeol's eyes, confused. Chanyeol noticed that his hands were brought together and were far away from Yuri's hand. He widened his eyes, realizing that he had just slapped away her hand. He looked away, blushing, and slowly handed her his icky hand.

"S…Sorry," Chanyeol stuttered. "I…I…You can continue cleaning."

Yuri stared at Chanyeol, frowned, and shrugged her shoulders as she gently tried her best to wipe off the sticky ice cream from Chanyeol's hand. To Chanyeol, each touch was delicate and soft. He knew that Yuri was scolding him for being so messy, but his ears were deafened. All he could hear was how loud his heart was pounding against his chest. He hung around with many girls before, and had dated and dumped them plenty of times. However, this was the first for Chanyeol to make his heart beat so loudly. 

thump. thump. thump.

Kris felt his heart squeeze. He was only watching Yuri and Chanyeol from afar, and found out that Kai, D.O, and Chanyeol didn't find the two idiots yet. When he saw Yuri scolding Chanyeol for making a mess, he tilted his head in confusion, only to feel a sharp pain stabbing his heart. This was his first time seeing such a scene that moved his heart. As Kris slowly gulped down his saliva, he felt his throat feel scratchy.

"Hey Kris hyung! Great, you found them!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter