07

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maknae Feelings

"I'm going to get the mail!" Yuri called. She walked outside to the mailbox and opened it. She reached her hand into the mailbox, only to find a few letters and something thick and bumpy. She frowned, and peeked inside the mailbox. She gasped and quickly pulled out the roses from the mailbox. Raising an eyebrow, she glanced at the card.

"'Sorry Yul,'" she read aloud. She grinned, and knew exactly who these flowers were from. "How pretty. So he does have a sweet side in him."

"Eh? Talent show? Really! I want to see!" Yuri exclaimed, her eyes wide. Two weeks passed by like a breeze, and during those two weeks, Yuri had taken tons of exams. Fortunately, she was able to make it into the top 10 of the class. Kris performed almost perfectly, even though he didn't study. To Yuri's surprise, he had made it into the top 5 of the class, and of course, Kai was number one.

Kai pouted. "Hey, aren't you going to be sad for me and Kris? We won't be able to see you anymore in class."

"I'm happy," Kris said loudly enough for  Yuri to hear. "Now I don't have to be with the stupid donkey."

Yuri just smiled at Kris and pinched his cheeks. "Mhm, say whatever you want, but I know that you're going to miss me, too."

Kris raised an eyebrow. "What makes you say that?"

"You're the one who sent me the flowers two weeks ago," Yuri replied. Kris's cheeks quickly turned beet red. He looked away and put his hands over his ears.

“I can't hear you!" Kris yelled, singing as loud as he could. Yuri smile and walked after him, talking about how much she loved the flowers and how she forgave him. Suho laughed and glanced at Sehun.

"Well, Sehun will be attending Yuri's class starting from tomorrow," Suho said. The maknae pouted.

"I…I really tried my best! Honestly, I did! I just don't understand why I ended up failing the tests!" Sehun protested.

"It's okay, Sehun. When you failed your test, I got fired at another job," Baekhyun replied. Suho's eyes widened.

"What?! I just got you a new job, though!" Suho exclaimed. Baekhyun gave Suho a neutral expression and shook his hand in front of Suho's face.

"Whatever, whatever. In the mean while, I'm thinking of applying at the vocal instructor for D.O's school," Baekhyun said. D.O's ears perked up as he looked up from the ground.

"Seriously?! Are you serious, hyung?!" D.O asked excitedly. Baekhyun grinned.

"I said that I was thinking about it," Baekhyun replied. "Why? You want me to join?"

"Of course! Then we won't need to practice after school for hours!" D.O pointed out. Baekhyun grinned and turned to Yuri.

"Hey Yul, if I become a vocal instructor at your school, would you go on a date with me?" Baekhyun called. Yuri, who was behind a tree, quickly shook her head with a frown. Chanyeol suddenly snuck behind her and gave her a tight back hug. Yuri squealed and widened her eyes as Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun.

"No way! She's not going on another date with you! She promised me a date later today," Chanyeol announced. Everyone gave Yuri a wide-eyed stare. Yuri's cheeks turned red as she looked away and glared at Chanyeol.

"You told me that we were going to the grocery to buy some stuff for Suho oppa!" Yuri yelled.

"I lied. What? You want me to bring someone? Then let's bring D.O. He can be the third wheel," Chanyeol suggested. "Besides, he hardly talks. That means I can have you all to myself while we go on our date–"

"It's not a date! It's grocery shopping!" Yuri protested. D.O kept quiet as he watched the two quarrel about whether shopping for grocery was a date or not. His cheeks turned light pink as he thought about spending time with Yuri at the grocery. He shyly looked down and kicked a few rocks to the side. Kai watched D.O, and felt an uneasy feeling in him when he spotted D.O's pink cheeks.

"Ya, ya." Kris slapped his hand against Kai's shoulder, causing Kai to snap out of his thoughts. Kai glared at Kris as Kris frowned. "What's up?"

"What?"

"You were staring at D.O for a while," Kris said. "Did you guys get into a fight or something?"

Kai raised an eyebrow. "Um, no…But why would you care anyways?"

Kris blinked his eyes for a few minutes, and then scowled. He scratched t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter