04

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Innocent Kyungsoo-ie

"I wonder where Sehunie went. We were just with him a minute ago," Yuri mumbled. Kai smiled and patted Yuri's head.

"Don't worry. I'm sure he'll come back, right Kyungsoo hyung?" Kai asked. D.O snapped out of his thoughts and smiled.

"Yep, whatever you said, Jonginie," D.O replied, not really knowing what Kai had said. Kai knew that D.O wasn't listening, but he decided to go with the flow. He turned to Yuri, who seemed to have an eased look on her face.

"So Yul, are you ready to study for the exams coming up?" Kai asked. Yuri jumped, and widened her eyes.

"Wait, what? What are you talking about? What exams?" Yuri widened her eyes, and stared at Kai, hoping that what he said was a joke.

"Oh yeah! It's that time again, isn't it?" D.O asked. Kai nodded his head, as Yuri began to frowned.

"What, what time? What exam? No one told me about an exam coming up so early!" Yuri exclaimed. D.O turned to Yuri and tried to calm her down.

"The exam is only for your class. The five people who get the lowest score will be kicked out of the school. The five people who get the best score will go into a better and more advanced class. It's pretty important, especially for Kai and Kris, Double K" D.O explained. 

"Yeah, but last time Kris didn't show up," Kai muttered. "So I took the test for him."

"Kai was extremely lucky that he wasn't caught, too," D.O added.

"Wait, why didn't Kris show up?" Yuri questioned.

"Pft. Who knows? He's a lone-wolf. He's always by himself, in his own little world," Kai grunted.

"What 'little' world?" Kai and D.O coolly turned around, as Yuri's skin almost jumped off. She whirled around, only to find Kris glaring at Kai. "Who would've thought that Kim JongIn could talk behind a person's back."

"Well, it's true. You are a lone-wolf," Kai said, shrugging his shoulders. Kris gave him a nasty look, and then met Yuri's frightened gaze.

"You should skip the exams like how I did last year. Kai can do it for you. Or actually, don't let Kai do it for you. It'll be better if you fail the exams so you can be kicked out of the school," Kris commented. His words stabbed through Yuri's heart. She felt her eyes water a bit, but she looked up to keep her tears from falling.

"I…"

"Hyung, that's pretty mean," D.O pointed out. Kris gave D.O a blunt expression.

"So? Do I care?"

"You should apologize."

"Oh my gosh, little Kyungsoo is telling me to do something! How shocking," Kris mumbled sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He shoved his hands in his pocket and diverted his attention back to Yuri. "Anyways…you're annoying. I hope you fail the exams."

With that, Kris walked away. Yuri bit her bottom lips, as Kai began to scream at Kris for him to come back. Of course, Kris pretended as if he was deaf and continued to walk into the school building. D.O tried to comfort Yuri, but she gently pushed him aside."

"Um…I feel a bit sick. Can one of you show me where the nurse office is?" Yuri asked. Kai was just about to offer, but D.O quickly said, "I will."

Kai stared at D.O, who awkwardly rubbing his nape. Yuri smiled softly at the shy boy, and followed right behind him. Kai watched the two head to the office. He stood still, and stared at Yuri's pale face. Suddenly, she lost her balance, causing her to stumble a bit. Kai took one step forward, but then D.O already took action. D.O grabbed Yuri's arm, and held her hand to support her. Once Kai caught the two holding hands, a sharp pain stabbed through his chest. His touched his chest with his right hand, and bit his bottom lip hard.

Oh shoot. Not again, he thought uneasily.

 

At the infirmary, Yuri was resting on the bed. She couldn't help but feel guilty as if she committed a crime. Why did Kris hate her so much? Was it because she was bothering him somehow? Or was he bothered by her mere existence?

"Didn't I tell you not to think about it too much?" Yuri jumped in surprised, and turned her head around. She found D.O staring at her with a worried expression. "I told you, don't let Kris hyung get into your head. He's a nobody."

Yuri smiled a bit. "I know, you told me that, but he just seems so lonely and sad. Plus, I want to know why he hates me so much. Do I remind him of someone in his past or something?"

D.O kept quiet for a moment. He examined Yuri carefully, but he suddenly blushed a bit when he met her eyes. He looked away, and shook his head.

"N-No, you don't look like anyone Kris hyung might know. Look, he's always like this. Sometimes even harsher. But don't let him get into you head," D.O lectured her. Yuri stared at D.O, and then let out a small giggle.

"You're so sweet, Kyungsoo-ssi. Did anyone ever tell you that?" Yuri asked. By now, D.O's face was bright red. He avoided Yuri's eyes, and then played with his fingers nervously.

"U-Um…I-I…E-Er…"

Yuri laughed again, but then quickly her smile faded and was replaced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter