Encounter

Love's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Encounter

The second Yuri entered those large, black gates, she knew that her life would be changed forever.

"Kwon Yuri-ssi–"

"Call me Yuri," the brown-haired girl demanded. 

The butler shifted himself uncomfortably. "Okay, then. Um, Yuri-ssi, welcome to your new home." 

With that said, the girl stepped out of the white limousine. Her bright, chocolate eyes shined, as she stared at the huge, white mansion. It was nothing she had ever seen before. A smile warmly crept on her face as she glanced behind her. Behind the limousine was a round fountain with a stoned-cupid on top. Surrounding the fountain were plenty of beautiful flowers, roses to be specific. 

Yuri unfolded her envelope she had received from her parent's lawyer. She remembered how she was at her parent's funeral, alone, crying and mourning for her parents. Her parents had mysteriously disappeared, and the officers found their body in the ocean. They declared that her parents committed suicide by drowning, but she found it utterly unbelievable that her parents would commit suicide.

She heaved a sigh as she read her letter.

 

To our Yul,

Yuri-ah, how are you doing? Hopefully you're doing fine. As you can see, we're probably dead right now. We love you, sweetie, we truly do. We would never leave you if it wasn't for faith and our destiny.

 

Yuri bitterly stared at the last two sentences. If you loved me, then why were your bodies found in the ocean?

 

Yuri-ah, I know this might be sudden, but as young adults, your father and I agreed that in case of emergencies like this, we would send you to live with 6 boys. We know their parents very well, so if you have any problems, then just contact the boys' parents. All these boys are brothers, so hopefully they'll get along and make you comfortable. You'll be going to their school, too, and hopefully you'll enjoy their elite school. We love you, Yuri-ah. We'll always be with you in spirit, even though you won't be able to see us.

Sincerely,

Your mother and your father

 

Oh boy, Yuri thought, groaning. Six boys. Woa! Six boys whom I'll be getting to know with and live with. I bet they're a mess.

Yuri heaved another sigh. She had to leave so many friends and important neighbors behind, it was really hard for her to let go of her past. She didn't even want to live with these boys. She truly, deeply wished that she could've lived with her friend Yoona or Jessica. She stared at her reflection in the fountain and pouted.

"You seem pretty upset. How about a rose for that pretty face of yours?"

Yuri gasped loudly and stumbled away from the fountain. Her eyes widened and suddenly locked with the stranger's intense brown eyes. She stared at the lovely man who was grinning at her, showing her his killer smile. Her heart raced as she watched the stranger lean towards the flowers. He picked out a red rose from the flower bed and gently handed it to Yuri. For a second, she stared at the rose, as if she was debating on whether or not to accept it. She glanced at the man, who gave her a slight nod. Then, Yuri slowly reached for the flower and grabbed it, blushing madly.

"My name is Kim JongIn, just calls me Kai. Call me whatever you want to call me." Kai paused for a moment. "You're Yuri-ssi, right? The girl who's here to live with us?"

A small smile crept on Yuri's face. "Yes, I am, but please call me Yul."

Kai smiled and took Yuri's hand. He brushed his lips against the back of her hand, making her blush even harder. Her heart raced even faster as Kai parted his lips from her hand. He smiled at her and extended his own hand out towards Yuri.

"Shall we go in, then?" Kai asked. Yuri shyly nodded as she took Kai's hand.

To her, it was love at first sight.

"Hyungs, the girl is here!" Kai announced. Quickly, three boys scurried down the stairs.

"Is she cute?" one of them asked. Kai smirked, and glanced behind Yuri. Yuri slightly blushed, as the three boys finally arrived in front of Kai. Kai pushed Yuri closer to the three boys so that they could examine her better. The guy who asked if she was cute grinned. "Yeah, she is pretty!"

Yuri blushed and stared down at her shoes, which suddenly began to interest her.

"Guys, guys, you're scaring her." Kai chuckled. "You didn't even introduce yourself."

The first guy gently grabbed Yuri's hand and kissed the back of her hand. Yuri looked away from the scene. 

Do all of these guys like kissing girl's hands? Yuri wondered.

"My name is Chanyeol, and I already like you," he said, winking. Yuri stared at Chanyeol uncomfortably, as another guy pushed him away from Yuri.

"Aish…you erted hyung," the guy murmured. He smiled at Yuri with charming eyes and said, "My name is Sehun, I’m the maknae. Plus, you're only a couple of months older than me. The letter we received talked about general information about y–"

"OKAY! That's enough, Sehun. We don't want her to think that we're already erts like Chanyeol," Kai said, chuckling.

"Or sneaky spies like you, Kim JongIn," Sehun added. "You're the one who brought the information about–"

"MOVING ON!" Kai announced, clamping the maknae's mouth. Sehun frowned as the last boy approached Yuri. He smiled and shook her hand.

"My name is Do Kyungsoo, D.O for short. I hope I get to know you better," D.O said politely. Yuri smiled brightly at D.O.

At least there's one guy who isn't erted like the other, Yuri thought. She giggled to herself thoughtfully as the four boys stared at her. Then, Yuri stopped giggling and counted the boys.

"Wait a minute…Isn't there supposed to be six of you?" Yuri questioned. The four glanced at each other, exchanging strange looks. Then, Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders and turned to Yuri.

"Yeah, there is, but two of them were busy. They'll see you tomorrow in the morning. And there’ll be an exchange student in our house, so that’ll be you living with seven boys" Chanyeol replied. He suddenly wrapped his arm around Yuri's shoulder. "Meanwhile…let me give you a tour around the house! I'll show you my room first–"

"NO!" Kai, Sehun, and D.O shouted in unison. Chanyeol scowled and muttered something under his breath. Yuri managed a quiet giggle and turned to Kai.

"So if two boys are busy, what about the exchange student?" Yuri asked.

"You're talking about Kris. He…Well, let's just say that you wouldn't want to meet him for a while," Kai said, letting out an awkward sigh. Yuri frowned, and then slowly nodded her head.

"Oh, I see…But I do insist on seeing him–"

"Can we please move on already?" Chanyeol complained. "Come on, why are we talking about the other guys? I'm a way better topic to be talking about. Plus it's going to get dark soon. Yuri might as well rest."

D.O nodded his head in agreement. "He's got a point, Kai."

Kai hesitated for a moment, then slowly nodded his head. "Fine. Sehun, take her to her room."

Yuri's eyes widened. "I have a room?!"

"Of course you have a room," Sehun said, rolling his eyes. "It's not like we wanted to offer our room to you and sleep on the couch. Plus, if you slept on the couch, we'll be dead."

"D-Dead?" Yuri's expression went dark as her skin became paler. Her heart began to ache as she suddenly remembered about her parent's death. She bit her bottom lip until she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her. 

"On second thought, let me take Yuri to her room," Kai said. 

"Sure, fine b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter