The Pack

Red Riding Hood
After breakfast, I went back into the woods again. I walk back to the lake. Should I call for Sehun? I look around to see if he’s here.
 
“What are you doing here?” said a voice behind me.
 
I turn around and it was Sehun. “Oh! You scared me.” I said. “Yah, you shouldn’t appear behind people’s backs like that!”
 
He looks away as if he’s innocent, “Well, you shouldn’t be here anyways.”
 
“I’ll just be here before the sun sets. And plus, my grandma told me not to stay pass sunset.” I said to him. Sehun just frowns at me. “Don’t worry. I’ll go home before night comes.” I assure him. His face grew a bit more relax. “By the way, I’m curious about something. What do you eat?” I ask him. He raises an eyebrow. “I mean, do you eat raw meat or do you eat cook meat? You know how you’re a mystical creature and-”
 
“I know. We eat raw meat.” He said.
 
“Raw?!” Just thinking about raw meet makes me want to barf, but then again it makes sense. I mean, he is a mystical creature. I just hope they don’t eat human.
 
“Why? Is there something wrong about mystical wolves eating raw meat? Is it any different from the meat the humans eat?” he asks. I laugh. “What?” he asks confused at why I’m laughing.
 
“It’s different. We like to cook our meat and sometimes we marinate our meat.” I told him.
 
“What’s the difference between raw and cooked meat? They’re just still meat.” said Sehun.
 
I shook my head, “No, it’s different. I’ll bring your some bulgogi tomorrow so you can taste the difference.” I said.
 
There’s a sudden howl. It echoed throughout the forest. I look around. Sehun stands up. “What was that?” I said.
 
“A howl call.” said Sehun.
 
“Howl call?” I said with my eyebrows connecting.
 
“Yeah, it’s dangerous. Leave now.” He said.
 
“But it’s broad day light-”
 
“Whether it’s day or night, it’s still dangerous.” He said. He looks around and his eyes widen a little, “Hurry, leave now! I’ll cover you.” He says quickly.
 
Without reply, I quickly grab my stuffs and left the lake. I ran as fast as I can back to Grandma’s place. I reach Grandma’s place and close the door tight behind me. “Whew…” I said catching my breath.
“Are you okay?” Grandma said coming down fast from the stairs. “I heard the door slammed. Is everything okay?”
 
“Yeah, everything’s okay.” I said.
 
“Are you sure? You don’t look okay.” She said with a worry look on her face.
 
“I’m fine, Grandma.” I assure her again.
 
“Okay…” she said. She went back upstairs and closes her door.
 
I wonder what that was… Whatever it is, I hope Sehun’s okay. Should I check later this evening? Maybe I should.
It was evening and I checked if Grandma is sleeping. I quietly close the door and walk back to the lake. It was already dark so the moon was my only light. I was about to enter the road to the lake until I heard some growls. I quickly hid behind a bush and looked through the small spaces that were open in the bush. There were 11 big wolves. Sehun was there too. He transforms into a wolf. The purple flowers were shining from under the lake. The wolves were howling. Then, the wolves turn into human boys. I saw Sehun and the human boys’ line up in a straight line. But, there was still one more wolf. This wolf had yellow shining eyes with some yellow markings on its head. Cool.
 
“Is this place safe, Sehun?” ask the wolf with the yellow eyes.
 
“Yes.” said Sehun.
 
“Good. Since this place is the closest to the human, it may be dangerous here.” said the wolf. “You must keep this place protected from human.”
 
“Yes, Alpha Suho.” said Sehun.
 
So, this must be the other mystical wolves that Sehun was talking about. As I lean closer to the bush, I accidently broke a twig and make a crack sound. I kept still, hoping that none of the wolves heard me. Alpha Suho and all the other wolves stops and look my way. I am so dead.
 
“It is probably one of the forests animals, Alpha Suho. There is nothing you should worry about.” Sehun quickly respond to get their attention.
 
 “Okay. Since everything here is okay, we’ll be leaving now.” said Alpha Suho. “Protect this place well, Sehun. Your life depends on it.”
 
“Yes sir.” Sehun kneels down.
 
All the boys turned back into wolves except Sehun. They all run deeper into the woods. Sehun stands back up and walk towards me. “What are you doing here?” he says angrily.
 
I stand up, “So, you did sense me. Hahaha…” I sarcastically laugh.
 
“Why are you still here? I thought I told you to leave.” He said.
 
“I was worried about you.” I said.
 
As all the mystical wolves runs deeper into the woods, Tao, the second youngest was suspicious of the sound and went back to go see what it is. As he approach closer to the lake he saw Sehun talking to a bush. He looks closer and saw that behind the bush is a human. Shockley, Tao must go tell Alpha Suho. Tao dashes into the forest where the others went.
 
“Well, you shouldn’t be here. Go home.” He said.
 
“If you could sense me, then why didn’t they sense me too?” I ask him.
 
“Because I covered up your smell with flower’s scent.” He said.
 
“Oh. No wonder.” I said.
 
“You should leave now. They might come back anytime.” He said. “Don’t come back until I tell you to.”
 
“How do I know when to come back?” I ask him.
 
“When the purple flower shines bright.” he says.
 
“Purple flower? So, you know that I have one of your purple flowers?” I said.
 
“Of course, I can sense its energy. That is why I followed you.” He says. “Now leave.”
 
I nod and wave bye to him and went back to Grandma’s place. When I got back, Grandma opens the door. She looks pretty mad and worried. I walk inside and sit on the sofa in the living room.
 
“Where did you go?” she asks me.
 
“I was out for some fresh air.” I told her.
 
“For longer than an hour?” she said suspiciously.
 
“I got caught up by the night sky.” I said to her.
 
“How many times have I told you not to go out late at night?” her voice changed back to being worried.
 
“Don’t worry Grandma. I know what I’m doing. I’m going to go to sleep.” I said as I am faking my yawn.
 
I went up into my room and lay on my bed. I forgot that tomorrow was the last day I was staying here. I have to leave by tomorrow. I’ve got to say goodbye to
Sehun before I leave. But, he says to not go to him until the purple flower shines. What do I do? Maybe I should go meet him when the flower glows again, but I still have to show him how cooked meat taste like. I don’t know what to do. Or maybe I should go meet him when I’m leaving tomorrow morning. After thinking about saying goodbye to Sehun, I went to sleep.
 
Tao returns to the lake to meet Sehun. The purple flowers glows as the moon hang over the water. The night is cool and stars are twinkling under the dark clear sky.
 
“What are you still doing here, Tao?” Sehun asks.
 
“What are you doing with a human Sehun?” Tao respond.
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about Tao.” Sehun trying to cover Sung Tae.
 
“You better be more careful. If Alpha Suho finds out, then you’re in trouble! Because you’re the maknae, I haven’t told him. You better cut contact with this human before anything bad happens.” Tao warns Sehun. “You know well that we have to protect places like this from humans.”
 
“Don’t worry. I will.” said Sehun.
 
“We trust you Sehun. Don’t let us down.” Tao said his last few words and left into the forest.