Lost

Red Riding Hood

Today is my grandmother’s birthday. Her favorite muffins were almost ready. In a couple of minutes, grandmother’s favorite scrumptious muffins will be ready and packed; I could not wait to surprise her with these. I sat on the counter and spoke to myself, “Just wait, and grandmother, I’ll bring you your favorite muffins in a moment.”

The muffins were finished baking and the aroma of the sweetness of sugar filled the air. The crispy smell fills the room like wind swept through a field of flowers and the whole grain freshly came into the atmosphere. I packed the muffins up in a small straw basket and covered it up with a red and white stripe cloth. I quickly grabbed my backpack on the sofa and exit my rooftop house at 3p.m with the sun shining bright. I walked down the stairs the wind was blowing nicely.

 

I reach the bus station. I bought my ticket and got my seat in the bus. During the ride there, I think the muffin’s smell fill up the bus. But, oh well, these are for grandma, not for them.

I finally got to the drop off point at 5p.m. The forest is still beautiful as the spring season is settling in. Its fresh breeze fills my nose. I took a deep breath of the forestry. “Time to go to Grandma’s,” I murmur under my nose.

While walking through the forest, it was so peaceful and nice. Birds are chirping and trees sway as the breeze comes in. I have always loved this forest. It was always nice and calm. This is a place where I could come find peace. The road had a steep side on the left so I was walking far from that way. I heard something rush by the bushes behind me so I quickly look back. There was nothing behind me.

I fasten my pace. The sun is starting to set. It takes around 30 minutes just to get to grandma. Suddenly a deer appear in front of me, running straight towards me. I quickly ran to the opposite side of the road. I forgot that there was that steep side on the road so I fell off from the road and deeper into the woods. I scream as I was falling. When I reach the bottom, I push myself up to sit. I search for the muffins. They were scatter everywhere. I gasp, “My muffins! No!!!” Why did that damn deer have to run right towards me?! Ugh!! Now grandma won’t have her favorite muffins. Aish really?! I stand up. I can’t feel my right leg. It hurts so badly. I think I’m going to get a lot of bruises. But now, how am I supposed to get up there? It’s so steep. I won’t be able to get to the top. I have to follow the road from down here.

I’ve been following the road but no sign of how to get up there. It was still steep. It seems to be an endless road. I can’t get up there with all my numb parts in my body and my injure leg. It will be difficult. I continue following the road, until it started a rain shower so I quickly went into a nearby den. “Aish. Why does it have to rain on such a day? I hope it hurries up since it’s just a shower.”

It was starting to get dark and the rain shower finally comes to a stop. Since now that I don’t feel numb anymore besides my injure leg, I’m going to try and climb the steep road. I climb up and grab onto rocks and trees branches that were on the steep road. Almost up there, just one more-branch! I grab onto the branch quickly. I push myself up and grab the top and push myself all the way up. “I finally made it!” I said while panting. I stand up and follow the road down.

Grandma’s house could be here anytime now. I came to a road that separates into two. Should I take the right one or left one? The right road is bright and peaceful whereas the left road is dark and scary. But wait, that’s weird. How come I never seen this right road before? Oh well, I decided to take the right road. Grandma says that always take the right road because that’s the road to her house. I’m not superstitious so I’m taking the bright road because it is getting dark and I don’t want to get lost in the dark. Also because those people who are superstitious always take the dark road thinking that the dark road is the right road. I don’t think so because those who take the dark road usually gets into trouble or something mystical happens and blah, blah, blah, whatever.

Anyways, I walk to the right road. I think I got lost but, I hope this road takes me to Grandma. I heard some sounds, probably some night animals crawling around to find food. The light road had only a little light left from the sun that just went down. I’m wondering around and I don’t even know where I’m going. Damn it! I knew I should’ve went early in the morning! I keep walking on the right road but somehow I’m not getting anywhere close to Grandma’s place.

Then, I hear water. Like a waterfall. I must be near a waterfall. I went to where the sounds were coming from. It was beautiful. The water in the lake was clear and the waterfall was falling down so gracefully. There were some flowerbeds around the lake. But, when I went closer to the lake, there were some beautiful bright-shining purple flowers under the water! I just gaze at its beauty. It looked like diamond flowers. It was already dark, so the shining purple flowers were the only light that was shining in the dark.

“Hmm, I should use this shining flower to find my way through the darkness to find Grandma’s place! What a great idea!” I said to myself happily. So I reached out to grab one of the shining purple flowers. When my hand touches the water, somehow it doesn’t feel numb anymore. I grab onto one of the flowers and plucked it out. But, when I took it out of the water the purple flower wasn’t shining no more. It is if it died or something.

I decided to experience something. If the purple flower goes back under the water, then it will come back to life! So I put the purple flower under the water and it started to shine again! It is strange and interesting. I remember I had a water bottle in my backpack. I quickly grab it out and put the flower inside, but it didn’t glow. I pour the water out on the flowerbeds on the land next to the lake and I put some of the lake’s water inside the bottle. Strangely, when I put the flower inside, it started to shine again! I heard some noises across the lake, but that didn’t scare me much. I put on my backpack and started my journey to Grandma’s house, wherever that is. I decided to continue walking through deeper into the woods. When I look up, it was a full moon and there were stars shining around. How beautiful. You don’t get to see this in the city.

Suddenly, I heard something behind me run across. I quickly look back. Nothing was there. Strange, I thought. I turn around and continue my way again. When I look straight, there was a black figure in the dark. “Grandma, is that you?!” I yell to it. The black figure is just standing there, staring right at me.