The Wolf Who Turn into a Boy

Red Riding Hood

I grab my backpack and my jacket with the purple flower in it and went out to the woods again. As I walk through the woods and back to the lake, the sun has already set when I got to the lake. I heard something growl at the left side of me. I look and it was a wild wolf. Strangely it isn’t the same wolf like creature I encounter yesterday. It is just a regular wolf. Even if it is just a normal wolf, it can still eat me up. “Okay boy, calm down. I think it’s a boy…” I mumbled to myself. The wolf barks at me. “Calm down boy, calm down.” I slowly grab a water bottle in my backpack and I started waving it around to get the wolf’s attention. Once it was distracted, I threw the bottle at the wolf. It chased after the bottle and I make a run for my life.

Soon after the wolf was running after me, I think I pissed it off. Bad idea! I suddenly tripped over a damn tree branch that just happens to be there. It scratched my left knee and ripped my jeans. I look at the wolf and it was slowly coming towards me. I crawl backwards. It jumps at me! I covered myself. But then I heard running footsteps and then the wolf squeals and run away. I look up and the same creature from yesterday and my dream was standing in front of me. There moon light is so bright that I could see how the creature looks like. A big, fierce looking wolf was in front of me. I’ve never seen this type of wolf before. The creature then transforms into a boy. He turns around. His eyes flashed in a quick blue light. I am in the middle of freaking out right now!

The boy kneels in front of me. I was about to scream but he covers my mouth. “Shhh. You could startle the night life.” He said to me. Now, I can see his face since his face is kind of close to mine, he is handsome. I nodded to him and held in my scream. He removes his hand. He looks around, “Come on.” He said. I tried to stand up, but I couldn’t.

“Ouch!” I squealed out. He looks at the cut on my knee from the fall. He comes to the side of me and carries me up. I was about to scream from shock, but decided to keep it in. I put my arms around his shoulders to keep me from falling off.

We walk back to the lake. He rolls up my jeans. He grabs some of the lake’s water and cups it with his hands and drops the water on my cut leg. Little blue lights shine around my leg. I look at its amazing power. It was healing my leg. Now, you don’t even see the cut.

I look back at him at his eyes, “You were the one from yesterday and my dream. Who are you? What are you?” I ask him.

“Best if you stop with these nonsense questions.” He said.

“You’re like a wolf, right? Like in those movies when they can turn into a wolf.” I said. He frowns at me. I look at his left arm, it had teeth marks. “Your arm…”

“It’s best if you leave right now-”

“Wait!” I interrupted him, “Please tell me who you are. Please?” I said to him as I stand up. “And at least let me tend your arm. That’s the best thing I could do for you right now.”

He doesn’t argue and sits back down like an obedient dog. How cute. I let out a small smile. I grab the first aid kit in my backpack and I wipe off the blood from his skin. Then I grab some of the lake’s water and pour over his skin. It heals completely. While I was covering his skin with cloth I ask him, “I’m Hwang Sung Tae. What’s your name?”

He sighs, probably because he knows that I’m going to keep asking him anyways. “It’s Sehun.”

“What are you?” I continue asking him. Why am I even asking him this even though I’m freaking out about him?! But somehow, something inside of me wanting to know who he is.

“I’m what you can call a mystical creature or what you call it, a wolf.” He said.

“Are there more of you?” I said.

“Mm.” he stops as if he didn’t want to talk anymore. He looks at me, “Don’t tell this to anyone. Never tell this to anyone.” He assures me. I nod to keep this as a promise.

I look up at the sky, it was a crescent moon. “How beautiful.” I just remember about Grandma. She’s probably very worried about me! “Uhmm, I have to go now. My grandma is probably worried about me.”

“Yeah,” he said as he looks up at the night sky, “Let’s go.”

We were walking back to Grandma’s place. I could see Grandma’s house now. “I can go from here.” I said to him.

“I’ll be watching you from here so don’t worry and just go.” He said.

“Yeah,” I nodded. As I walk, I look back at him “Thank you, Sehun.” I smile to him.

I walk back to Grandma’s house. When I reach at the gate of Grandma’s house, I look at Sehun’s way. His bright blue eyes shine from far away. I guess that means that he’s there and I don’t have to worry. I smile, I think he does see it, and I knock on the door.

Grandma opens the door and she hugs me, “Where were you? I was so worried about you. Don’t you ever leave like that again!” She said to me.

“Sorry Grandma. I didn’t mean to do that.” I said.

“Are you hungry?” she asks me.

“No, I’m just going to go to bed now.” I said to her. I walk up the stairs and went into my room. I threw my stuff on the table. I check inside my jacket and the purple flower was still inside my jacket. “I was supposed to return this.” I put the flower back inside my jacket and took off my jacket and put it on the table. I went into the bed and drifted off to sleep.

The Next Day

I woke up and there were some new pair of clothes on the table. I quickly changed into them. After that, I left downstairs.

 “You’re awake now.” Grandma said “Come and eat.” I sat down on a chair and grab the spoon on the table.

“Where did you go yesterday evening?” Grandma asks me before I took a bite of my food.

“I-uh, went to go look for something I forgot at the woods.” I said.

“And that was…” she trailed off.

“My sweater. I dropped it at the road.” I said after taking a bite of my food. “I’m going to go out again today.”

“Why?” she asks.

“I want to do a report on this forest for my Nature Geology class.” I lied.

“Why don’t you do some other forests?” She said.

Suspicion kicks in. “Why? This forest is perfectly fine.”

Grandma somehow haves a worried look on her face, “Alright, but come home before the moon rises. It’s dangerous during night time.”

“Mmm.” I quickly finish breakfast and left the house.