One night in Hangang

You've Got the Wrong Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One night some friends from college offered me to go out and celebrate the beginning of holidays. We were going to our third bar, but I had to separate ways from the rest of the group to bring one of them who didn’t handle well alcohol. So I was supposed to meet at a bar on Hangang. The problem was that there were a lot of bars and I couldn’t find the right one. It was already 2am and I didn’t have a phone to call my friends. Basically I was lost. Suddenly my ankle began to hurt, because of all the walking. Frustrated and tired, I sat on the floor hands over my face silently screaming my frustration. This is when someone came up to me. At first I felt the hairs, I lifted his head a little to find a dog. Happy to have company I made hugged the dog, sighed heavily and plunged my head in the hair of the dog, who replied my hand. When a figure approached.
"Gwenchana? "
I looked up at the voice. Before me stood Park Yoochun. He had a hat and wore his famous glasses, but I could distinctly recognize him. Seeing my face he started to speak in English.
"Are you okay? Do you need me to call a doctor? "
My heart skipped a beat hearing him speak English. Were it possible, for a person to be y and irresistible just by talking? But why was he suddenly speaking in English with me? Oh yeah... I wasn’t Asian, I often forget that. With the little dignity I had left, I tried somehow to close my open mouth and speak normally.
"Dé, gwenchanayo. Kamsahanmida. "
He looked surprised, then smiled.
"Oh, you speak Korean? "
I nodded. He looked a little embarrassed and I realized I was staring at him. Does he recognize me? How could he, he had seen me a few fractions of a second falling down before him. In fact the situation was comically similar. But then I had to tell him that I was the person with whom he spent hours on the phone?
"Can I help you? "
Yes, because I was still on the ground ... I was going to get up when he held out his hand to help me. I took it.
"Uh ... I'm a little lost ..."
I didn’t know how to behave or what to say. My brain was blank. Now finally that he was before me, I was frozen and not knowing what to do. I have to snap out of it! I decided to behave as normally as possible.
"Where do you want to go? "
"The AK. I need to find classmates of mine, but I've walked around the shore several minutes and I can’t find it. I don’t have a cellphone, so I couldn’t contact them. "
He gave me a look between surprises and impressed.
"You don’t  have a cellphone? It's pretty rare to survive without mobile in Seoul. "
"I don’t like to do like other people." I said, shrugging.
He smiled at my comment and pointed behind me.
"The AK is behind the Hangang Café is why you can miss it easily. "
In a surge of relief I beat my head.
"I'm so stupid! It was so close. "
He laughed making me blush. I acted like a kid in front of him ... Damn my impulsive nature. The husky suddenly jumped on me.
"Harang!" Rebuked Yoochun.
I bent down to the height of the dog to cuddle him.
"Thank you very much! It is you who brought your master here because you knew I was lost? You're a good dog. "
I looked up and caught Yoochun smiling at the scene. I never paid attention, but he was really handsome. His smile had something special, and I had a great weakness for smiles.
"So you’re Harang?" I asked, the dog.
"Yes, it means “A love given by God”. "
I bit my lip. I almost sold myself. I already knew what the name of his dog was, but I wasn’t supposed to know, luckily he had called him in front of me.
"It's a pretty name. "
I stood up suddenly and bowed.
"Thanks for the help. I should find my way now. "
I was going, when he caught me.
"I'm going over there as well, I can go with you if you want. "
I smiled, trying to contain the beating of my heart and my excitement.
We walked along the shore, Harang playing happily in front of us. An awkward silence that had settled between us and it was Yoochun who broke it.
"Sorry to ask, but where are you from? "
"I am French. "
"Really? I went to Paris once, I loved it! "
Yes I knew it; I had seen his show filmed in Paris as they filmed it a few meters

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter