First phone call

You've Got the Wrong Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been three months already that I had moved to Seoul to integrate my university. I quickly adapted to the rhythm of life in the big city and I loved it. The only thing that squeezed my heart, was knowing, that I lived in the same town as my idols but couldn’t see them. Because of course it was unrealistic to believe that they would suddenly appear in front of my eyes, in the middle of the street. But something similar happened ...
I was on my way home, after class and decided to walk a little in Hongdae before returning home. When, suddenly, I was caught in a crowd of hysterical girls screaming, pushing and crying. Panicked, I wondered what was happening, when I saw before me, getting out of a store, Park Yoochun and Kim Jaejoong. Yes, THE Yoochun and THE Jaejoong of JYJ. They hurried back to the car trying to avoid the crowd of fans, when in the confusion, one of them pushed me so hard that I lost balance and fell at someone’s feet.

"Gwenchana?"

When I looked up, the person holding out a hand to help me get up was none other than Park Yoochun. I accepted his hand and stood up on my feet, dying of embarrassment. He smiled hurried back into the car and went away. The crowd of girls followed the car, leaving me out of breath. I stood frozen on the sidewalk. What had just happened? Everything happened so fast, that I wondered if I wasn’t daydreaming. I was going to head back, when suddenly I saw a piece of paper at my feet. I stooped to pick it up and gently unfolded it. Inside was written a telephone number. Intrigued I put it away carefully.

A few weeks later I was in front of my phone, pacing. I asked myself a thousand times, if I should call the number or not. This could be anyone’s number, but I found it really interesting that in all the confusion, this piece of paper had landed at my feet. I was very curious by nature, now I was missing a bit of courage to do that... I picked up the phone and with a long sigh, dialed. After a few rings someone answered.

"Yobousayo?"

I froze. I thought I recognize the voice, but couldn’t be sure.

"Yobousayo?"

"Huh ... Yoochun-shii? Park Yoochun? "

"Yes? Who is calling? "

I stopped breathing. What chance was there for it to be his phone number? I had to admit, I was not particularly a fan of DBSK or JYJ but I was a big fan of dramas, and Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Rooftop Prince were on my list of favorites. So, to talk to Yoochun... The real Yoochun! I was fangirling inside but I knew I had to calm down if I didn’t want to scare him.

"What should I have to tell you for you not to hang up? "

"Sorry but ..."

"I'm an angel!"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm an angel! I got your number by accident. It literally fell at my feet; it was on a piece of paper. I didn’t even know it was your number..."

I was speaking too fast. I really had to calm down. Yoochun laughed a little.

"So I see you're a fan..."

"No, I'm an angel!"

"And why an angel?"

"Because it was fate that I found your number, a way to make me your guardian angel. "

"I don’t need a guardian angel."

It was my turn to smile.

"Everyone needs a guardian angel...  And I'm not a fan. I admit I've seen dramas that you played in, so I know you, but I'm not the kind of person who will put your number on the internet. "

"I am grateful. If you're not a fan then why offer to be my guardian angel? "

"I just felt the need. I offer you something then. You have no obligation to do it but, whenever you are not feeling well or you just need to talk about anything with someone, call me and I will listen.”

"And why would I do that and speak with a total stranger?"

"Because it is intriguing to talk to a stranger! Then if you weren’t interested you would’ve already hung up. "

He seemed to think for a moment.

"These are good arguments, but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter