It was never the wrong number

You've Got the Wrong Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year later :


Ych PV :
"Cut! Good, 10 minute break for everyone."


Yoochun walked away a little, sat in a corner and took his text to read.


"Are you always so professional?"


Yoochun looked up to see the manager to sit beside him.


"Every time we have a break you are subjugated to read your lines instead of rest."


"It’s because I want to be perfect."


"There's someone you're trying to impress?" Teased the director.


"Not anymore... " he replied.


The director didn’t insist and let his actor focus. Yoochun shook his head not to let his thoughts wander to places where his heart would hurt him and began to learn his lines.


He returned home later in the night. He slept at his mother’s lately because it was closer to his filming location. For a year he hadn’t been idle, he chained shootings, photo-shoot and some concerts here and there. He needed to fulfill his life with work to forget the vacuum that had been created in his heart and his life. He returned home and went to his room trying to make as little noise as possible but his brother was waiting in his room.


"Your filming went well? "


Yoochun nodded.


"It’s your last week of shooting don’t you think you should go to a more slowly pace? "


"What do you mean? "


"I mean, you spend all your time between work and home. You don’t go see Jae-hyung and Junsu hyung or go out with your friends anymore."


"I don’t have time." Yoochun replied with a shrug.


"And that’s all excuses."


Yoochun said nothing and Yoohwan sighed.


"Hyung ... I also loved her. But it's been a year and you have no news of her. She certainly has rebuilt her life and it is your turn to do so."


"You're right... but I can’t."


"That's because you're not trying hard enough."


Yoochun turned to stare at his little brother. Since when has he become so mature? He had always been like that, but it is true that last year Yoohwan role were exchanged and the little brother had become the big brother and took care of him. He ruffled his brother’s hair affectionately.


"Arasso, I'll make an effort. Sorry to worry you. Now go to sleep."


Half convinced, Yoohwan let his hyung. Maybe that indeed he was right, it was perhaps time for Yoochun to turn the page, move on and forget the past. He turned off the light and found himself in the dark of his room. Would he really be able to do this? Suddenly he felt her presence. Her arms hugged him and he closed his eyes to take a deep breath of her ​​scent. She said in a honeyed voice.


"Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go, but rather learning how to start over."


Then she disappeared as she had appeared...


***


A few weeks later Yoochun, Jaejoong and Junsu were en route to a fan meeting. It was the last promotion of JYJ before they begin their world tour. Yoochun was sitting with his band mates, smiling, laughing and signing things for fans.

He was used to this kind of thing and he loved to be so close to the fans from time to time, it’s always made things more real. A girl who had turned 15 came to him to sign her notebook filled with JYJ pictures. He smiled and asked her name to be able to notice a small word. Suddenly she took him by surprise.


"Oppa, you don’t smile as usual."


He stared at her surprised. The girl stared at him sadly.


"You smile, but it’s not a real smile. Before you looked happier... "


"Don’t worry I’m alright." he reassured her.


But she shook her head. Everyone stopped talking and everyone was looking at them. The girl suddenly had tears in her eyes.


"Is it our fault? "


Yoochun didn’t know what to say or do; he wasn’t really expecting something like that. He thought he was better, he wasn’t expecting anyone to notice it, and right now he was trying to move on. The girl looked so upset, he wanted to reassure her, but he couldn’t say a word. He lost his smile and was just shaking his head. He saw that Jaejoong was going to say something but the girl cut him off.


"It is because of us that she is gone isn’t it? We made ​​you unhappy when we promised to protect you."


She raised her voice so that the whole room could hear her.


"We were very selfish. If she made ​​you happy oppa so she is worth you. We judged her before even knowing her. If she makes you have that wonderful smile then I want her to be by your side and to make you happy. I’d love to know her. "


Everyone remained silent. Yoochun found hard to believe that a 15 years’s girl told him that and was able to make him have tears in the eyes. Suddenly a voice came from the room.


"I also would like to know her." Said a fan near Junsu.


Then the voices were raised one by one, in a perfect cacophony.


"Me too."


"Me too."


"And me."


It was as if every fan gave their agreement and blessing at the same time. He saw in the corner of his eye tears beading on the cheeks and Junsu also had tears in his eyes.


"I just hope it’s not too late." Said the girl.


Yoochun smiled.


"Thank you." he said from the bottom of his heart.


The girl gave him a radiant smile and he couldn’t help thinking she was an angel, a little angel who came to tell him that hope hadn’t disappeared. Yoochun stood up to embrace all the fans and then said.


"Her favorite constellation is Cassiopeia."


All fans began to shout and cheer as one beating heart. It was the greatest love statement that Cassiopeia could make to them.


After the fan meeting the three boys were in the backstage waiting time for their next schedule. None of them talked about what had happened, they were still in shock. Junsu was the first to speak.


"It was pretty intense ... "


Yoochun took a deep breath.


"Yup. "


"It’s funny how fate turns things out." Said Jeajoong.


"What do you mean?"


"I wanted to wait to announce to you after the fan meeting. I wasn’t sure how you would react ... "


Yoochun gave him a quizzical look.


"The date just been confirmed. We will do our first JYJ concert in Paris."


And that’s how he found himself on a plane en route to Paris. He never had been so close to see her again, but at the same time he never was so far away from her.


***


Narrator PVs :
"Professor ! Professor !" Called someone behind me.


I turned to find one of my students running in my direction. He handed me a paper.


"I wanted your opinion before handing it over to professor Poirel."


I took the paper from his hands and read the partition quickly.


"Change the third measure in mezzo and add more fortes at the end of your sentences."


"Thank you Professor." He told me. "We'll all have a drink after class with the class you want to come ? "


 I smiled.


"A teacher who’ll drink with her students? I don’t think it's very ethical."


"Come on, we won’t tell anyone. Everyone wants to spend time with our favorite teacher."


"Thanks, but I'll pass." I said, laughing.


Then I looked away down the corridor. I finished my day and I went home. In the subway I sighed heavily. Lately Paris seemed grayer than usual. As to reflect my mood. When I finally got home I got rid of my shoes.


"I'm in the kitchen." I heard calling me.


I smile happy to hear a familiar voice. I went into the kitchen to find that person doing the dishes.


"Hello beautiful."


"Hi Nana." I said.


Morgana my best friend, who was also my roommate, I smiled.


"So how was your day?"


"My song has been rejected again. According to them it is incomplete."


"But what a bunch of..."


"Nevermind. I don’t want to talk about it." I said, pouring me a glass of lemonade.


"Don’t listen to what these bureaucrats say, your compositions are beautiful and all your college students love you. Only they are unable to see the real talent."


I smile; she had a gift to lift my mood. Since I was back in France I had a job in the music conservatory of Paris and while I was trying to break as a professional composer I was also a teacher to pay my rent. It wasn’t the first time that one of my compositions was rejected, and I agreed with them ... something was missing but it wasn’t only in my compositions.


"So how was your date yesterday?" She asked.


"Don’t want to talk about it either."


"That bad ? Listen you need to do a little more effort than that, how do you want me to go if you're alone?"


"Nana, I don’t need a boyfriend. You found love and it's perfect, you're going to live with him, even better. But no need to feel guilty about leaving me."


"But I'll leave you here alone..."


"I left you once to go abroad, so you have the right to a little pay back." I said with a grin.


She laughed and sat down in front of me at the table. She stared at me for a moment and gradually lost her smile.


"You still love him. "


I sighed, this wasn’t the first time we had this conversation.


"I don’t have an answer; I only have a lot of regrets."


"It’s going to be a year... Why did you leave him if you love him so much?"


"I've already told you..."


"And I still don’t understand the logic. If fans ever have a problem they can come see me I’ll explain a few things to them."


I couldn’t help but smile imagining Morgana alone with all Cassiopeia putting them back in their place. She took my hands and looked me in the eyes.


"You spend your time re watching his dramas and looking for videos or news about him. You think I don’t notice? You must choose, or you leave and go be with him or you try to move on, but you cannot stay like this."


I nodded; I agreed that I couldn’t stay in that state.

"I cannot turn back."


"Why?"


"Because it’s too late. And nothing has changed."


"You don’t know that."


She got up went for something in the room and returned with her laptop in hand.


"I didn’t want to show you because I didn’t know how you’ll react but given the circumstances..."


I looked at the computer screen to see open a page with the web site of a concert hall. I didn’t understand what that had to do with an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter