The Unexpected Twist

3 Years Full of Chances
I sat outside a small, neighborhood convenience store with a warm coffee. As I drank, I looked up to the starry sky. A flashback happened.
 
**FLASHBACK**
 
"Junho, look! A shooting star!" I pointed at the amazing sight.
 
"Make a wish. It'll come true." He hugged me from behind.
 
"How are you so sure?" I pouted.
 
"Just do it. Make a wish. Hurry." He wiggled me in his arms.
 
"Fine fine. Hold still." I closed my eyes and made my wish.
 
He snuggled into my neck and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
 
"Oppa, what are you doing? Anyone could be looking at us right now." I blushed heavily.
 
"It was your wish, wasn't it?" His eye-smile was so sweet and attractive.
 
I slapped his chest as I turned to face him. "You're so cheesy."
 
**END OF FLASHBACK**
 
"Are you going to leave him or not?" 
 
A female spoke from beside me. I had not seen her come by and it frightened me just a bit. I was probably too drawn to my memory that I hasn't notice. I turned to see the face in the dim light.
 
"Ah, Mira." I wiped my watered eyes.
 
She huffed with attitude, "How disrespectful. I asked you a question."
 
"Sorry, what was it?" Her sudden behavior was different from the quiet soul that is find around my home with Junho.
 
"Never mind." She folded her arms and leaned back on the bench. "You know, I'm never this nice. Once a guy is hooked on me and I'm hooked on him, I chase away the extra girl who stands on the side like you."
 
"Wh-what?" I was taken aback.
 
"See how clueless you are? You're so weak. You can't even fight for yourself and no one seems to be helping you win." She laughed evilly.
 
"Look here, Mrs. Lee. You won't have your husband for long. If you didn't know, me and your husband are high school sweethearts. If you hadn't moved from America, Junho and I would've been married by now. So, don't accuse me as a home wrecker when you're the one who stole my man in the first place."
 
"High school sweethearts? How so?" I unbelievably echoed with my heart shattering. Once I gathered my thoughts, I let out my feelings. "Why are you doing this? I've never meant to harm you. Why can't you just let us live our life?"
 
"Ha. You think I let the person I cherish most go that easily? Junho is mine and I'll make him mine, but I guess I don't need to try so hard to have him since you're such an easy person to pass by." Mira got up and left.
 
As her boots clicked away, she had the audacity to turn and make one last comment, "Also, don't act like an innocent woman when you're not. Junho knows it too. I also have proof. Have fun with your affair." She winked.
 
I was beyond angry. My heart pounded with rage and hurt. I wanted to rip her apart. I wanted to just do things that I've never thought of before which contained the idea of harming someone severely. Although I felt so strongly about violence, I wasn't one to act upon it. I had just been defeated by Junho and here I am, defeated by the woman he's been seeing or shall a say a woman of his young days. Mira is beautiful, young, smart, and rich, so why wouldn't he want her after all? I couldn't face him now. It was getting close to midnight and I had shut my phone off. With no where to go and no clothing, I decided to pave my way back home and maybe try to escape again in the morning.
 
 
I walked into the quiet house with only the living room lamp switched on. Junho had fallen asleep on the couch with a thin blanket to protect him from the night air that came through the open window.
 
Making my way to my room, I slipped into my sleeping attire. Finding it hard to sleep, I thought of what Mira had said to me so boldly. Was I really an easy loser? I thought I was being the bigger person who backs away from trouble? My heart sunk into the deepest part of me. Why has Junho never told me of this high school sweetheart of his? And what proof do they have that I'm having an affair? I shed tears in my sleep the whole night.
 
 
I heard steps outside my door. The creaking of the wood floor woke me up. It was 10am already. I stretched my way out of bed and to the restroom. Coming out, I saw Junho still in his white shirt and blue pajama pants. 
 
"Oh, so you came home after all." He walked passed.
 
All dressed with my hair in a messy bun, I started to put my white, beat-up converse.
 
"Are you going to your doctor's appointment today at 1?"
 
How'd he know? I then was reminded when he showed me my appointment card in his hand. "This was the only thing I got a hold of."
 
Soaking in disbelief how I could've forgotten, I retorted, "Maybe. I actually might reschedule it." My annoyed tone gave away that I wasn't in the mood to communicate with him.
 
"Let's go together today. I'm free."
 
"No thanks. I'm a woman who can take care of myself." I refused.
 
"Why?! Or is it because you have another man to you to the doctor already?! I'm beginning to second guess that maybe that child isn't mine after all!"
 
Was he really giving me the same reason that Mira gave me last night? Everything from last night erupted through my mouth.
 
"I never said I was having YOUR child! I never said I was having A child! Maybe I am carrying a child, but it doesn't declare that I'm going to give birth to one!" I screamed at him.
 
Rubbing his temples, he seemed to have cooled down instantly. "Wait...wait...I'm sorry–"
 
"No, don't say sorry! Sorry doesn't make it all better. We're not kids anymore. It might work for you and your high school sweetheart, but not me." I removed myself from standing so close to him.
 
What I said seemed to have triggered him. "My high school sweetheart? You know?"
 
"You're really good at hiding things. Why'd we get married if your heart was going to run back to an old love?! Or I'm guessing in this case, she's your first and only love. I was never part of your heart. Why'd you leave her for me in the first place, huh? Was it because you liked be known as the cool guy who was dating and is now married to a foreign woman? Is it a Korean thing to take pride in?!" I let myself rant the pain.
 
"Just shut up!" He shot back as if I've hit him somewhere.
 
"I will! You will never hear me speak ever again! I'll pack and be out." I walked back to my room and started throwing everything into my suitcase and side bag.
 
"So are you turning the table and making me the bad guy now?!" He voiced behind me, following closely.
 
I stopped trying to talk back because the flame was only spreading. Whatever I say, he's just going to fight back.
 
 
Junho let out his words, "Don't act clueless. June 24th. You said you had to meet a friend and couldn't make it for dinner. You told me it was an emergency and gave me a bland reason that it was going to be the only time you get to meet that friend for a very long time. You rushed through the door and left with a gift wrapped in red and a gold bow. Can you guess?"
 
I was shocked at what he had just stated. "You followed me?"
 
"How could I trust a woman with two hearts?" He retorted.
 
"You are ridiculous." I snapped back.
 
 
 
HERE'S ANOTHER CHAPTER! SORRY, BUT HERE'S ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER FOR YOU ALL! SHARE YOUR GUESSES & PREDICTIONS BELOW! I LOVE READING THEM! ~HEHE ^__^