I Don't Care

3 Years Full of Chances

 

 
Junho called me to meet him at the cafe. I prepared myself to sign the documents.
 
"So where are the divorce papers?" I asked as I took out my pen ready to sign.
 
Junho's hands folded together. He glanced outside the window and looked at me with wondering eyes. "We should hold out on that." He bit the side of his mouth.
 
"Look , I'm here to sign documents not here to debate over our divorce." I acted annoyingly although deep down I wanted to save this marriage, but it just wasn't healthy for me.
 
"You think I don't want to divorce?  I am more than willing, but I'm not selfish like you. I think of our parents and how much they'd want to hide their faces if we go through with this."
 
"But this is our life. We can choose whatever we want-"
 
"Your parents don't know you moved out huh? Your mom came over to bring over some fruits for us, but I told her you were out."
 
I shook my head no and looked up at his mention of my mother. 
 
"Move back in. Tomorrow would be nice. Tonight is even better." He took out the house key and slid it across the table to me.
 
"Are you kidding me? That's not going to happen." I huffed.
 
 
 
 
Later that night, I was back at the house. Because I didn't accept the plan, he drove me to Jenna's place where I stayed, packed my belongings and dragged me back to "our" home.
 
"Stop throwing a fit. It's annoying to deal with." He strolled my suitcase into my room and left me alone.
 
I bounced on the bed, upset that this turned out the way it did.
 
 
"Hey! Are you going to come out and cook something for me?! Make yourself useful around here!" Junho yelled from the living room.
 
I wanted to sock him so bad and give him a bloody nose. I walked out and confronted him.
 
"You have your own legs and arms. Do it yourself." I demanded.
 
He stood up from the sofa and walked towards me closely. "You, listen and don't talk back. Don't make me do anything that you'll regret. I won't hold back." He hissed.
 
"Do what? Hit me?!" My words sounded tough, but I was already breaking inside. I've had enough of him.
 
His left hand was raised high above my head and came down. I shut my eyes and waited for the impact on my body somewhere. It never came. It was then I realized that we were backed up to a wall. His hand landed on the wall as he trapped me on one side against his chest. His head bent down and his lips inched towards mine swiftly. He moved into my mouth and his teeth gritted on my tongue. It was almost painful as he slowly and teasingly bit down on my bottom lip. It was then I pushed him away.
 
"You disgusting piece of trash!" I screamed at him.
 
He tugged at my arms and pulled me in for a harsh smack on the lips. His hands ran down my back to push me closer to him. I eased my way out and extended my hand to slap him. He finally let go.
 
"How dare you! I am not like one of your girl toys to be treated like this!" I pushed at his chest. "Have them over for all I care! I don't want anything like this to deal with you, you jerk!"
 
"You really don't care? At all?" His voice softened and his small eyes curved as if shocked at my words. I don't know why he acted so oddly because even from the start of our distance, it was obvious we stopped caring for one another, or at least I acted as if I didn't.
 
"I don't care! Live your life the way you want! I don't want to be a part of it ever!" I breathed heavily. "I only came back because you insisted on saving our parents' face. Don't think I really want you cause clearly I don't. You know it for yourself you don't want me either. Lets not play it like this." I almost walked away into the room, but a part of me pulled me to the kitchen to cook. It was a shame to be obedient after yelling at him to do so himself. I felt horrible to not hold the standards of a wife, therefore; I let go of my pride with a shameful face.
 
Junho and I remained silent after. He sat still in the living room while watching tv as I prepped food. Once I finished, I set a plate filled with the right amount of food on the table. I didn't call him over to eat nor have him any kind of signal that food was ready. I didn't want to talk. I caught his eyes looking over to me and his eyes later directed to the food on the table. He stood up and walked over to pull out the seat to sit. I took off the apron and exited the kitchen. Passing by one another, I felt his fingers lightly grasp mine.
 
"Are you not eating?" He asked emotionless.
 
What the heck was wrong with him? We haven't ate together for the past 2 years and he thinks I'm going to eat with him now? Never.
 
"No."
 
"You haven't ate anything the whole day. At least eat a little." He persuaded.
 
His character took a 360 turn. Was he trying to be sweet?
 
"I'm not hungry." I removed my fingers from lingering with his.
 
 
 
Junho ate alone and somehow he felt a wave of loneliness wash over him. Was it because Mira wasn't with him or because his "wife" rejected not eating with him? He disregarded the second choice since he hasn't had an actual meal with his "wife" for the longest time, but somehow he felt strange after he initiated the kiss earlier. He brushed it off at the end of his meal. 
 
"It was nothing and will forever be nothing." He thought.