Somewhere Else.

3 Years Full of Chances
Should I say he walked in at the perfect time or the worst time? The air was cold and words were not exchange. Only throats were cleared and eyes wondered.
 
"Son, what's going on?" Father-in-law bravely spoke.
 
"Ah, appa..." Junho scratched his head with loss of words. "Excuse us for a moment..." He glued his palm with Mira and then removed it knowing eyes were staring. Instead, he dragged her by the arm.
 
"Wait." What? I actually spoke up when I thought I couldn't.
 
Junho shot me a glare. "Can YOU wait..." He emphasized on the second word.
 
My eyes returned fiercely at him. "I wasn't talking to you." I looked at the woman next to him. "Mira, nice to meet you, I'm Scarlett. We've seen each other a couple times yet Junho hasn't introduced us so I thought I'd introduce myself." I smiled and bowed. 
 
Sighing in disbelief probably at how embarrassed he is, he released, "Chincha?"
 
He escorted Mira out without further a due and came back in.
 
"Annyeonghasayo." He decides to greet properly the second time. He kept his head low without any eye contact.
 
"Son-in-law, what's really going on with you two's marriage?" My mother's words came out weak and her body language illustrated how sorrowful she is.
 
"I...I'm sorry..." He still didn't look up.
 
"Son, you have shown a big disgrace to the Lee family. I guess I didn't reach you well enough. What kind of man are you portraying?" Mr. Lee huffed.
 
Mrs. Lee couldn't say much. "Junho, I don't want your marriage to fall apart like this. Please think it through–"
 
"He doesn't have to think it through, does he? Isn't my decision enough? Please–" I pleaded carefully although I knew my action was rude to interrupt. My voice softly chirped, afraid they wouldn't buy into what I had to say.
 
"Yes, I'll fix this mess. Leave it in my hands. I was the one who caused all this; therefore, I'll be the one to claim the punishment. Please forgive me." Junho innocently bowed. What the hell? Is he really acting for pity?
 
"No. Whether one of us is willing to mend the hole in our relationship, if one decides to not move further, it won't be possible. I choose to not go on from here." I tried to get my point across.
 
"Daughter, Junho is willing to comply. Will you stop being stubborn and abide?" My mother voiced.
 
I lost hope. Were they not going to at least give me support? I'm the one suffering yet they seem to side with the culprit of the crime.
 
"I can hold do it for so long and this past year has been very difficult. I can't....I can't–" Tears couldn't be held back.
 
My mother patted my back lightly for comfort but it made no difference.
 
"Please omma, help me out of this. I don't want to suffer anymore." I grasped her arm and shook it lightly.
 
I didn't care that my parents, parents-in-law, and Junho saw me like this. I just couldn't let the pain build up anymore.
 
"Honey, you should get some rest for the night. We'll talk more when you let your heart rest." My father cooled me down just like he use to when I was young.
 
"We are very sorry for Junho's behavior. We'll talk with him too. Don't think too much daughter-in-law." My mother-in-law tried to cheer me up. "Rest well. If anything comes up, just let us know."
 
I have up speaking. No one seem to hear my voice and feel my pain. I was indeed bearing this alone. I hugged my parents goodbye and escorted them all to the door. As I closed the door, I dragged my feet to the refrigerator for a cup of water, hoping to wash away the hurt inside my heart. Again, streams of tears flowed and I wiped them.
 
From the corner of my eye,  I could see Junho gazing towards my direction. A bit fired over the fact that he won, I annoyingly looked at him. "What? Happy that you won?" I rolled my eyes as I exit the kitchen.
 
Speeding to get in my way, he stopped me. "Why did you do that for? You're just going to throw me under like that?"
 
"You placed yourself there. I never threw you anywhere. Go. Move."
 
"And if I say no? There's nothing you can do." It's as if he also got fired up. "Whys you try to get me in trouble by the parents if it's predictable that I was going to win anyways? Was my acting good earlier?" His sarcastic tone made my stomach twist with anger and sadness.
 
"If you don't move. I will. I will go and this time don't even think about fetching me." I spoke through my teeth, trying to keep my cool by breathing deeply. I swiped my purse from the counter and accidentally slide the folder I got from the doctor off. Papers scattered on the floor. Damn it. Eagerly, I tried to grab it all as quickly as I can. Junho had bent down and restricted my hands from the papers and pamphlets. His brown eyes scanned the mess on the floor.
 
"Let go." I twisted my wrists away from his grasp. "Aish."
 
"So you are expecting?" He examined pieces by pieces and gathered them together in his hands while standing up.
 
"I never said I was." I snatched the folder away.
 
Junho gaped at the sudden action and slipped his right hand into my left.
 
"Clarify."
 
"There's no need. I just need to testify what a real jerk you are." 
 
"Say it to my face then." He shoved me to the wall. "Tell me how much of a jerk I am. Tell me how much you hate me. Tell me how I've treated you."
 
"You are heartless. I hate your sarcastic attitude. You treat me as if I don't have feelings. You go fooling around with another woman. I hate how superior you think you are. You treat my like I'm invisible.You don't value this marriage. You don't value me. You grew out of love. I hate how people seem to always be on your side. I hate how inconsiderate you are. I hate–"
 
"You really do hate me." He inched more towards me. His gaze scrutinized my lips. I can see. Moving closer, his lips begin to pucker up. Just as he moved in, I turned my head to the side to avoid the contact and push his face away.
 
"Please, don't make me hate you even more." 
 
Leaning his forehead against the wall next to my head, I can hear his breathing. "Where are you heading?"
 
"Somewhere that's not here, of course." I whispered.