Hopeless Romantic

3 Years Full of Chances

 

 
THEME SONG: Reason — Jung Il Young
 
I don't know what made him change. He began coming home late or never came home at all. When he does, he always had the aura of liquor or with another woman slung around him. It never crossed my mind that he was having affairs until my first sight of him with another woman in our home. He either got tired of secretly having affairs or he either did it purposely to torture me, but that I have no clear idea about. It has become a norm for me, for us to have visitors most likely his visitors. I had no existence in his life ever. It made me question our marriage in the first place. After the first year into our marriage, these next two years went down the drain.
 
Junho and I sat down at the table as we ate our bowls of Lucky Charm cereal. Although we lacked communication, I still wanted to give it a shot.
 
"Today seems like a perfect day for the beach, don't you think?" I smiled towards him before looking out the window.
 
"Mm." His cellphone lit up as a call came in. 
 
"Hello, Mira. No, I have no plans today. The beach? Sure. Get ready and I'll come pick you up." His eye-smile was so innocent, but his evil heart was no where close.
 
Ironic how he had no care about my mention of the beach, yet this other woman was able to grab hold of his attention. I bit my tongue from wanting to cry every gut out as I walked to the sink to wash my bowl and spoon.
 
"I won't be home until late so don't wait up for me. I'll leave $400 right here if you want to go out and do stuff on your own." Junho took out his wallet and slammed the money onto the counter after placing his dish into the sink.
 
I didn't dare touch his money just incase one day he turns on me asking for my debt. I worked and earned just enough for me. I took the money and placed it in his room. As I walked in, I saw other woman's clothes that they probably left behind after their sessions. Dresses, blouses, shorts, undergarments, every little part of everything. He walks out of his bathroom with a towel around his waste and a towel in his hand to dry off his hair. I looked at him, fighting back tears again. He smirked as if he knew a hole was burning through my heart.
 
 
 
 
 
"Scarlett, you've been loosing weight. Hun, are you sick?" Jenna asked.
 
"No, I'm perfectly fine." I commented.
 
"Don't tell me it's Junho who's causing you to become discolored and underweight?! I'll show him death!" Jenna raged.
 
I scoffed, "He wouldn't care about death. He'd probably be thankful if you took his life just so he doesn't have to bare my existence." My eyes watered.
 
"Scarlett, you've never done anything wrong! Why don't you just leave him! Get a divorce! You both don't even have a child together to knot your marriage. It just might be the perfect time to cut him out of your life if you know he doesn't want you in his." Jenna was fuming with anger.
 
"That's easier said then done." I sniffed. "You know, I've always believed that someone who's truly yours will always be yours even if they've lost their way. You must be patient and wait for their return because they will return regardless of the long time of separation."
 
"Maybe....maybe it's time you stop being a hopeless romantic." My friend calmly stated. "What if you have to depart in order to find the one you love and not confuse yourself with someone you thought you loved."
 
I sighed as I whispered to myself. "Lee Junho, what happened to you? What happened to us?" Tears oozed their way down my face as Jenna embraced me.
 
I decided to spend the night with Jenna. I wasn't ready to return home in a mess.
 
 
 
 
Junho returned from his beach getaway with Mira. Night fell and Mira slept in his arm after their activity. The thought of Scarlett triggered him that he hasn't noticed her presence the whole day after morning. He examined the pretty woman sleeping next to him and kissed her forehead before he got up. He made his way to the kitchen for a glass of water after the business earlier that drained all his body moisture. 
 
 
Out of the blue, he decided to peek around Scarlett's room to see what keeps her occupied. He opened himself into a white walled room with a peach pink colored bed. Her room looked untouched as if it was only prepared for guests. Since the room use to be shared, there use to be pictures of them hung beautifully on the wall, but things has changed. The bare walls held nothing. Ever since he chose to move into the next room, he hasn't seen the familiar place for 2 years. He was a stranger now to a bedroom in his own home. Searching his way through the nightstand, he opened the drawers. He found the black box that he presented to her to ask her hand for marriage. He opened it to find the diamond ring in the holder. He closed it and placed it back. Moving onto the next drawer, he found their framed photos. He dusted them off and the photos held a world that was long gone. His fingers came across an orange envelope. He slid the papers out.
 
"Divorce papers? She wants a divorce?" Junho flipped through the unsigned pages and placed them back into the envelope and took it with him as he exited.