Chapter 12

The Giant Wall of Eyeliners

Baekhyun walked out of the toilet all dressed and ready that caused a grin to play on Luhan's lips. The other walked over to his vanity table and started applying a thin layer of moisturizer, and after another thin layer of powder he started lining his eyes. Luhan couldn't help but watch his flat mate do his stuff. 

"Where are you going?" He inquired when Baekhyun began putting on his shoes.

"Chocolate Cafe," the other responded. "I told Chanyeol to meet me up over there later. He didn't reply, but I'm sure he'll show up." 

"Okay. I'll see you later, then."

There was a bump and Luhan turned around once again to see Baekhyun backing up against the wall to let Sehun walk through. Sehun bowed at him before he began advancing towards him. He muttered an apology before leaving and closing the door behind him. Sehun wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's shoulder. "I haven't seen you in a while," he spoke up, and Luhan was sure he could hear the smirk in his voice. "Not even a 'hello'?" 

The older male reached up to cup Sehun's face. "Hello," he smiled, pulling him down to peck him on the lips. "You brought bubble tea?"

"Yeah I did," Sehun replied, placing a cup next to Luhan's laptop. "Where's Baekhyun going, by the way?"

Luhan stabbed his straw through the straw hole of his cup. "Meeting Chanyeol," there was a grating sound as he through the straw. "You think he's going to confess to the guy any soon?"

Sehun flopped himself on Baekhyun's bed. "Maybe." He sipped his drink. "Have you watched Escape Plan yet?" 

"Hmm? Oh, yeah I did." Sehun gave him a deadpanned look. "What?"

"You watched Escape Plan without me?" He fussed, dropping his head on the bed. It wasn't long until he starts whining, which Luhan was thankful since it wasn't too loud or else he'll bother the people next door. "Lulu, how could you!" With that, he started thrashing the bed. Even if it'll turn out messy and untidy, Sehun won't bother; it's not his bed anyway. 

The older male rolled his eyes. "Sehun, technically we're even," he pointed out. 

His boyfriend's thrashings stopped as he sat up on his elbows to throw him a glare. "What do you mean?" He probed.

Luhan hummed. "You watched The Conjuring without me," he reminded, sharing a knowing glance at the other. However, Sehun wouldn't give up. He gave Luhan a noncommittal shrug as he looked away, sitting bolt upright on the bed this time. This caused Luhan roll his eyes once again before he grabbed his drink and walked over to Baekhyun's bed, looking down at the younger. "Now tell me we're even." He placed a hand on his hip as he drank his taro flavoured bubble tea. 

What he didn't expect was Sehun blinking up at him like the idiot he is. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Sehun rasped. 

"Sehunnie!" Luhan wheezed.  

"Lulu!" The other male mimicked scornfully as he cracked up. 

Luhan let out a frustrated grunt. Sehun looked up at his boyfriend before he stood up on his heals. "Calm down, Lulu," he grinned. "I'm just gonna watch Escape Plan now." He planted a kiss on his forehead and thus in advance he began to rummage through his bag. Luhan stopped him. "What?" 

"Forget Escape Plan," The older male smirked. 

Sehun gasped in horror. "Lulu, how could you!" He pulled out his phone and showed his boyfriend what's on the screen. "This is Arnold Schwarzenegger you're talking about!" 

"Sehun, I'm not saying Escape Plan is useless or anything, I meant—" 

"You're not telling me that instead of watching this movie you wanna do the naughty instead, right? Because I have a bad feeling about that smirk of yours..." 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows as he took in Sehun's words. He started hitting him on the arm. "Of course I'm not!" 

"Then what are you trying to say?" 

Luhan heaved a sigh. He placed his drink on his bedside table before taking Sehun's bubble tea and putting next to his. He pulled at his wrist and, making sure he had his keys with him, he started to make his way out, dragging Sehun with him. "Let's take a walk. We'll watch Escape Plan later." 

It was literally a walk. A thirty minute walk, to be precise. For once after a long while Sehun actually enjoyed the silence, enjoying each other's company as their fingers interlace. Both of them had content smiles as they took their steps, that is until Luhan decided to buy a latte. 

"We should've brought those bubble teas with us." Sehun ranted. "Kris' cafe is just across, let's go there." 

They began making they're way across the road. Sehun can't help but make out the shape of a tall figure as he looked through the glass of EXO cafe. Just as they walked through the entrance door the latter just lost his and pulled his boyfriend back out. He began panting and wheezing,  dragging his Luhan by his wrist away from the cafe as far as possible. 

Luhan was protesting, questioning him why he was doing this and where was he taking him, when in truth Sehun had no idea where he's taking him; just a place that's far away from that cafe. He stopped when he thought they were a good twenty metres away from the cafe he slowed his pace, and looked at Luhan, his eyes full of panic. "Didn't you say Baekhyun was meeting Chanyeol?"

Luhan blinked. "I did," he cautiously nodded. 

"Then what was he doing there?" 

"Where?" 

"In the cafe!" 

"I don't know, maybe they already did! Maybe Baekhyun already went home!" 

Sehun narrowed his eyes. "Is that really what a new couple would do?"

Luhan suddenly understood what he was trying to say. "Let's go back to the apartment, maybe Baek's already there..."

They ran back home. Just as they stood outside the door, Luhan felt nervousness sweep through him. He turned to his boyfriend. "Sehunnie, go see Chanyeol. I'm going to try to talk to Baekhyun..." Sehun nodded without another word. Watching as he made his way to the elevator, Luhan heaved a sigh before turning the door handle and walking inside.  

Baekhyun was on the bed, his back facing the older as he slept peacefully. Luhan sat on the floor next to his bed, waiting for him to wake up. He refrained himself from biting his nails. When he did (which was painfully two hours later), he gave him a warm smile. "Baekhyun-ah," he called out when the other slowly sat bolt upright on the bed, rubbing his eyes. "H-how did t-the meeting go?" He stuttered. 

But Baekhyun hugged his legs his face looking so miserable. "What time is it?"

He glanced at his watch. "Five... It's nearly six."

Baekhyun laid back down on the bed. "I planned everything perfectly," he mumbled. 

"What?" 

"I told Chanyeol's boss to give him a day off today and I waited for him to come," Baekhyun explained. "Turns out he went to work." Luhan was speechless. "I'm gonna go give him a call now," the latter reached for his bag.

 

 

 

 

 

It would be wonderful if Chanyeol could see Baekhyun by chance. Just one glance would be great. Keeping his eyes out on the street, he wished to see Eyeliner walking pass, and just that would make a wide smile stretch across his face. Seeing his headphones hang on Baekhyun's neck, wearing it around with a grin on the shorter male's face like he was proud of it. Chanyeol would love that. Butterflies would fill his stomach if that ever happened. 

He would steal glances when he's tending to some customers; taking orders, serving food, sometimes he'd catch himself writing Baekhyun and Eyeliner on his notes instead of orders, which is what he's supposed to do. Kris would give him an occasional tap on the shoulder and tells him that his phone is ringing. "It's okay, I'll check it later." Chanyeol shrugs it off before he returns back to work. 

"Yo Chanyeol..." Sehun called out absentmindedly, watching the taller male do his work as he just stood there, panting. He leaned against the wall, not aware of the people that are watching him since he just barged in calling out to the giant's name. 

"I don't know you, go away," Chanyeol shooed. 

Sehun wiped off the bead of sweat that trickled from his forehead. "I'm sorry for embarassing you," he mumbled, but the taller male began walking away from him. "Yah!

Chanyeol groaned as he stopped dead in his tracks just to face Sehun. "What do you want?" 

The younger male placed a hand on his shoulder. "Did you check your phone?" 

"That's what I've been trying to tell him," Kris muttered as he walked by. "It's been ringing off the hook and he didn't even bother." 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "I've been telling you guys, I'll check it later." 

Sehun sighed. "I'll be at your apartment if you need me." 

"Aish," Chanyeol fished his keys out of his pocket. "Here." He handed the latter his keys. Sehun on the other hand couldn't find out why he can't ask the taller male if he met up with Baekhyun as he was already out of the place, making his way to the other's apartment and stayed there for a few hours, trying to calm himself down. 

"Uh, Suho, can I stay a little bit longer?" He asked later that day. 

The older male arched an eyebrow at his question. "To clean the place? Wow, Chanyeol, I'm impressed." There was a hint of sarcasm in his as he responded. He trudged behind the counter to stand beside Kris. "Go home, Chanyeol. It's nearing six in the evening." 

Chanyeol's shoulders deflated. "But I don't really have anything much to do at home," he argued, "and I'm sure you guys need some help. No one's planning on meeting me today, anyway."

Kris lifted his gaze to look at him. "Sehun's at your house," He recalled.

"Oh right..."

"It's okay, I'll accompany you."

Chanyeol wasn't sure on how Kris came up with that but he felt himself nodding. Kris turned around and spared his boss a glance. "I'll be back." He told him. Chanyeol waited outside the cafe, watching the Chinese male make his way out of the cafe. He remained on his spot, his hands inside his pocket as he did. 

"This is new," Kris stated bluntly when they started to walk. 

A snort escaped Chanyeol's lips. "What is?" 

"This." The taller male replied, gesturing to... whatever it is, Chanyeol got the idea. 

"I just... feel bored once in a while that I don't even know what to do," he explained. Well, at least he tried to. "How's Jongdae and Zitao doing?" 

They did a fist pump before Kris left him at the front of Chanyeol's apartment door. "I'll see you tomorrow," Chanyeol called out, to which Kris replied with a simple hum. He turned the doorknob, letting himself in and waving at Sehun. As he closed the door with his foot, he realized his phone was vibrating. He heaved a sigh and checked out the caller ID. A smile creeped up his features and he answered his phone. "Oh, hi, Baek," he croaked. 

"I waited for you!" Baekhyun yelled. "I waited for two hours, Chanyeol, where were you?"

Chanyeol blinked. "What?" He felt bewilderness start to take over him; he really doesn't know what's happening. 

Baekhyun let out an exasperated sigh. "I texted you! I even called you to see if it caught your attention!"

Oh. So that's what Kris had been talking about. 

"I told you to meet me because I haven't seen you in a while," Baekhyun fumed, and Chanyeol swore he heard the shorter male's voice crack. "I  waited for two hours hoping you'd come but you didn't. I really wanted to see you, Yeol.

The taller male couldn't handle it. "How was I supposed to know? I had a job to do and I just got back from it!" He rasped. 

"No, you didn't, you shouldn't have," Baekhyun argued. "I persuaded your boss to give you a day off today with Kyungsoo so that he could spend his time with Jongin and I can spend my time with you. This is probably going to be the last time we'll see each other and, well, thanks for making me let the opportunity go to waste, you giant dickhead!"

"Why are you making such a big deal out of this?" Chanyeol snarled. "It's just two hours."

He heard a sniffle. "No, longer than thatlook, I just..." Baekhyun paused, heaving another frustated groan. Silence played on the other line. A gap of where Chanyeol could hear Baekhyun's feet shuffling. "I like you, okay?" His voice was upbeat, soft and gentle, and clear. Without another word, Baekhyun hung up and Chanyeol was left thinking if he had heard that right. 

Ten minutes later Chanyeol could have been found still in the same spot on his bed, in the same position, with the same wide-eyed look. 

Sehun crossed his legs as he sighed, looking at the taller male sitting next to him. "You messed up big time." he muttered bluntly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
qhjxO.png

my friend asked for drama

so i gave her drama

not sure if you guys read your subscriber feed, but i did say i couldn't do the double update. also i decided not to put kray. sorry guys D:

this was naturally part of the storyline. i planned it like this :DD 

OMG GUYS EXO SHOWTIME EP 3 LMAO AT SEHUN AND KAI 

watching them buy stuff like ISN'T THAT A CONVENIENT STORE????

feedbacks are loved <3