She's Hallucinating

Love Gone Wrong ❥ [HIATUS]

 

“Ann!”

Ashley jerked Ann and she woke up with a start.

“Is the police after me?” hissed Ann, as she jumped up from the bed. "I bet it's my brother! He's such a psychotic stalker, I know it, he's after me." She cringed up against the bed.

“No,” drawled Ashley. She pointed at the window. “I think I saw someone outside of our window. He was jumping up and down.”

Ann sighed with relief and she flopped herself backwards onto the warm bed again. “You crazy. Are you still having nightmares like in fourth grade? I remember you having seizures in the night screaming 'HE'S COMING TO GET ME!' and how because of that I could never sleep over at your house.”

Ashley pulled herself up from the bed and trudged over to the window. She peered outside of it. Rain was still pouring furiously from the sky. She decided to ignore Ann.

“You probably saw weird things because of the rain,” murmured Ann, as she turned away and hugged a pillow. “Like you always do.”

“No,” whispered Ashley, her face draining color. “I think that person was L.Joe.”

Giving a snort, Ann heaved herself up again, rubbing her sleepy eyes. “You are so in love with him. Tell me ONE reason why L.Joe would come from wherever he’s from and jump up and down like a retarded idiot in front of your window at around 3AM in the rain?”

“I don’t know.”

“Exactly!” Ann guffawed.

“No it was him. I can tell.”

Ann sighed. “Look, Ashley. This is what happens to people when they fall madly in love. They start seeing that person everywhere, like outside of their window jumping about in the rain. I don’t think L.Joe would waste his time jumping around outside. He’s more like the person who stays at home and watches weird things. And I don't think he can jump that high up. He doesn't look like he can. You are so in love.”

Ashley groaned loudly. “No, I am not!”

“Yes, you are,” hissed Ann, through gritted teeth. “I am sleepy, and you are not helping me gain any sleep.”

She tossed herself backwards and quickly fell asleep, ignoring the other animal noises that Ashley was making at Ann.

 

A few minutes past. 10 minutes passed.

 

Ashley saw it again. It was jumping up and down her window like a frog.

 

“AHHHHHK!” she screamed loudly and fell backwards, causing her to hit the table. Books fell from the desk and onto the floor, and Ashley groaned in pain.

Ann jerked from her sleep and opened her eyes. Everything was blurry but she could vaguely see that her best friend was writhing on the floor, clutching her head in pain with books scattered around her.

“What happened?”

Ashley groaned and rolled around.

“Were you studying or something?”

Ashley whimpered.

Ann got up and helped Ashley get up from her seizure.

“I’m sorry that I said those mean things to you. Don't take it too personally or to heart,” said Ann. “But you really don’t need to start studying in the middle of the night. It’s not good for your health.”

Ashley blinked “I wasn’t studying.”

Ann snorted, confused, and gestured to all the books and papers that were around Ashley. “Does this explain anything?”

Thunder cackled outside, and the two girls heard a distinctive horrified yell from outside.

“See? Someone is outside!” yelled Ashley.

“That was the rain or something,” retorted Ann. “Why L.Joe? Maybe it was some blonde janitor outside!”

Ashley stood up and threw her hands around in a circle dramatically. “IT WAS L.JOE.”

“Oh my God,” whimpered Ann, clutching her head with her hands. “My best friend has officially lost her mind!”

Giving Ann a glare, Ashley grabbed her coat and tied it around herself. She pulled on the hood and she ran out of the room. She slided down the stairs and threw open the door and was greeted with rain splashing her face.

“L.Joe?” she called, quietly. She roamed around her garden for a little, before exiting it and going onto the flooded road. “Is anybody there?”

Her clothes were completely glued to her skin as she trudged around looking for a blonde boy. She looked up and saw Ann staring at her from the window, with opened in a ‘I-cannot-believe-you-are-outside-right-now’ look, with disgust and horror.

Ashley ignored her best friend’s discouraging looks and went ahead. But she couldn’t find anyone. She didn’t see any other living thing around the road, or on the opposite side.

“Maybe I am too in love,” whispered Ashley to her self. She rubbed her eyes, but the rain that was curling around her eyelashes weren’t disintegrating. "I can't wake up every day in the middle of the night because I'm hallucinating!"

The disappointed Ashley walked back into the house with heavy steps.

She prepared herself for Ann’s awaiting taunts back in the house.

 

 

Author's Note:

THANK YOU FOR READING! Please subscribe and keep on anticipating for the next chapter! <: