Over the River and Through the Woods

Love Gone Wrong ❥ [HIATUS]

L.Joe slashed at the branches above him and skirted around the fallen logs. He leaped over the river, which, if you jumped wrong would probably drown you and no one will ever see you again. The rain was not stopping, but was increasing rapidly. The branches were everywhere. It seemed as if CAP had purposely placed the branches before there so that L.Joe wouldn’t be able to run away. To punish L.Joe.


“Damn,” he muttered, when he tripped.
 
The mud was everywhere and was constricting his legs to the ground. He couldn’t move his legs, for his shoes were stuck in the mud. He turned backwards and yanked his shoe out of the mud. It was coated with thick, brown mud. Groaning with disgust, he threw the shoe over his shoulder. The converse floating over his head and landed with a -squish- behind him. He loved that shoe. But whatever. He looked over to see the shoe fall into the river that was next to the hidden house. .
 
Blood was oozing out from a cut above his eyelid, and he could not open his eyes, much or less, he could not see anything. Whenever he blinked, either the blood got into his eye or the icy rain did. With one eye injured, bloated, bleeding and shut, he kept on going forward. Hope moved him forward.

Desperate to continue his search, he got down onto his knees and started to crawl forward, keeping his one-good-eye focused on the glowing house across the street. The mud seemed to grab at his feet, forcing him to stay. The rain caressed his cheeks, soaking his hair and running down from his neck and down his chest. He shuddered.
 
If anyone saw THE gangster L.Joe, crawling in the woods in the mud, with only one shoe left on his foot, with blood welling out of one eye, groaning and coughing each time the water made its way down his throat... they would certainly laugh. They will certainly make him an outcast. They will certainly mark him as a loser.
 
Rain pushed down on him. It knocked him over, and it soaked him through his clothes and to his skin. He felt utterly ty and disgusting: crawling around in the mud, on a dark rainy day just to see if he was hallucinating the two girls he had seen this morning.
 
 " you rain," muttered L.Joe.

L.Joe reached the edge of the woods and saw the cement pavement below him. He reached the road. He watched as a car zipped path the black road, whizzing past and making L.Joe shiver again. What time was it anyways?

He got his hands and wrapped them around the tree that was next to him. With the last amount of energy he had left, he hauled himself up. His body was unconsciously shaking from the cold rain and the frost from the air. The tree seemed to sag too as L.Joe embraced it for support. The house across the street had been empty for a long time. But now it was glowing with light. Someone had definitely moved into the house when his gang wasn’t around.

Hope stirred in L.Joe’s heart.

He got his quivering hand and pushed back the blond bangs that were constantly falling into his eyes.

*So maybe I wasn’t hallucinating* he thought.

He took a tentative step onto the road.

Should he?

But CAP would kill him if someone found out about the secret base, accidentally.

Or should he go back home?

But CAP would kill him if he went home.

He took another hesitant step onto the cement.
 
 If L.Joe ran away from his home and left s, CAP would kill him.
 
 But L.Joe already did that.
 
 What if L.Joe fell in love?
 
 CAP would certainly kill him.
 
  L.Joe completey made up his mind.
Then he ran, his heart thumping. Not because he was scared. Not because he was nervous. Or hurt. Or tired. It was something else.
 
 
Author's note:
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS INCREDIBLY SHORT CHAPTER :D 
SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE!
and this is my/ our first fanfic so please be... generally easy and forgiving of how it's written and everything
It'll keep on getting better and better. really :D I hope!       -from annnjcifer-