Her Black & White Past

Love Gone Wrong ❥ [HIATUS]

 

It was Ashley’s first day of school and she was very nervous. She wished that this unfamiliar school would be as great as her school back in Texas, and that she would find friends quickly. The opposite was just what happened.

Ashley entered the school through it’s sliding metal doors, and looked around. There were people everywhere: slamming their lockers loudly, fighting with each other, smacking their gum and talking and swearing loudly, and all kinds of other “interesting” things. Ashley’s first impression was not well at all, and continued to get worse throughout the day.

While Ashley was slinking down the never-ending hallway to her first period, a group of girls pushed her down.

They all had the same straight, long, black hair, with full bangs across their forehead, topped off with a gunk of failure mascara on their eyelids. They looked stupid. They looked like fobs. They looked FAKE. They gasped dramatically.

“Woops, sorry, new girl.” The girls were giggling with each other as they rudely walked away, sidestepping around Ashley like she was a forgotten piece of scrap on the floor.

Ashley’s books fell across the hallway and her papers were scattered everywhere. She hurried to collect them all before the bell rang. She crawled on her knees and retrieved each sheet of paper that was lying on the floor. Her face flushed red in embarrassment. She probably looked extremely stupid.

She ran into the class room just as the bell rang. However, it turned out that she was in the wrong classroom. Everyone looked up and stared at the new girl whose cheeks blushed cherry red.

“Who are you? Are you lost? Where are you going to?” asked a girl, who looked like she was a geek. She was probably being friendly to Ashley, but too overly friendly. Ashley took a nervous step backwards.

“Oh, sorry!” She ran out of the room and tried to find her actual classroom.

*oh my gosh. that was so embarrassing! I’m having the worst day ever!*, Ashley thought.

Ashley finally found her actual classroom a few minutes later. When she opened the door, all eyes were upon her.

“I’m so sorry I'm late! I couldn’t find the classroom.” Ashley exclaimed.
The teacher paused for a second before smiling and running over to Ashley. He gestured his hands to the class.
“Oh, well it looks like we have a new student, class. Everyone, I expect you to welcome her into our school well.” The teacher announced. “Please, introduce yourself!”
“Uhh... hi everyone... my name is Ashley... and I’m from Texas...”

Ashley thought she was going to die from embarrassment, she hated speaking in front of people. She went and sat down at the only available desk, which was surrounded by those girls who pushed you down earlier. They smirked as they watched you slowly sink into your seat.

*oh no, not those girls again!* Ashley put her head down on her desk. She was hating every moment of this nightmare.

During class, Ashley tried her best to concentrate, but the girls kept passing notes around her and giggling like crazy, and even some of the guys were throwing paper in the back of the classroom.

*Is this how school is everyday?!... How am I gonna learn anything?!*

Ashley experienced the same thing in all of the other classes. A different type of bell rang which signaled that it was time for lunch. When she walked into the cafeteria she observed everyone in each of their cliques, trying to find a place to sit.  

Ashley went and waited in the lunch line to get her food, she hoped it was chicken, her absolute favorite food. It turns out it was just a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.

*how boring!* She thought to herself as she slammed the ugly looking sandwich onto her plastic try. It fell off her tray. The people next to her snickered as she bent down and picked it up.

Being clumsy, she hit her head on the metallic trashcan next to her. It made a loud clang. More laughs followed. Her head throbbed as she angrily put the mushed sandwich onto her red tray and stormed out of the line.

Ashley thought of her school back home. She had her own group of friends, she had a table that she and her friends sat at daily. She knew the school, she knew who she had to stay away from, and who she was allowed to mess with.

But the school here was a brand new start. She didn’t know who were the gangsters, and who were the freaks. She didn’t know who were the popular cheerleader girls and who were the study nerds. Her vague knowledge on the social standards of the school were becoming a problem.

 

*What if I fall over a popular boy? Will that automatically place me into the freak crowd of the school? Will people label me as the stupid girl who falls over a lot?*

Sweat lined the palms of her hand as she clutched the tray with the disgusting looking sandwich. Her knuckles turned white and they shook with the effort.

As she was walking to an empty table with her tray in her sweaty hands, someone ran into her. His food flew into the air, and paused up there. Then it catapulted down and landed on Ashley’s brand new shirt that she had bought at American Eagle back in Texas.

Fury automatically built up inside of her. Rage took a hold of her. That shirt was expensive. She had picked out that shirt with Ann.

The thought of Ann brought hot, smoldering tears to her eyes. Memories flashed before her as her eyes filled with tears. Her view of the crowded cafeteria was getting blurrier and blurrier.

But the attention was soon taken off of her.

 

*GASP*

 

The cafeteria suddenly went silent, Ashley thought it was because of what happened to her, but she was wrong. She took this opportunity to grab at her sleeve and wipe her eyes rapidly.

All heads turned towards the doorway, as a group of 6 guys came walking in. No. Striding in. No. They were marching in, with their heads held high. They came in with half smirks that killed all the girls.

*...What’s the big deal about them?? Why is everyone staring at them...?* Ashley had questions swarming into her mind.

She quickly picked up her lunch tray and sat down at the empty table. She picked up the soggy sandwich and bit down. It tasted like crap.

Everyone gasped as she sat down, and she didn’t know why. Suddenly, shadows covered the light above Ashley. She slowly turned around, afraid of what was coming.

The 6 guys that walked in just seconds ago were staring down at her. Ashley looked up at them with a confused expression. *Uh oh...*

The 6 guys gave her an outraged look.

“That’s our table.” One of the guys said.

“Oh.. I’m sorry, I didn’t know...” Ashley explained, as she swiftly got up and walked away.

The 6 guys chuckled to themselves, *Must be the new girl everyone's talking about*

Ashley went and sat at a table in the corner of the room, far far away from the group of 6 guys.  *This was the most humiliating day of my life! everyone MUST HAVE seen me being such an idiot! Now everyone knows who I am...* Ashley reluctantly thought.

The rest of the school day went the same: bad, really bad, awful, and horrible. She thought things couldn’t get worse but it did, when the bell signaled the end of school. Ashley was the first to walk out of the classroom. She walked to her locker, packed her backpack, and started walking towards the exit. Her mom and dad both had work, so she had to walk home everyday. Before she could reach for the handle, the doors bursted open, slamming Ashley against wall.

“OUCH!” Ashley yelped in pain. The guys that sprinted through the doors were the same 6 guys from lunch. They heard the cry of pain, turned around, then kept walking straight, without even a look of sympathy.

*Those must be the bad people who think they’re so cool..... gangsters of the school....* Ashley angrily thought. She slowly got up from the ground and winced as she walked outside. She was ready to go to her room and cry herself to sleep.

When she almost arrived to her house, she suddenly heard loud shouts coming from the alley on the other side of the street. Curious, she walked to the alley and sneakily peered over the side of the wall. She nearly choked when she saw what was happening. The group of 6 guys from school were fighting and throwing punches with another group of guys. It looked like the unknown group of guys were winning against the group of guys from school. In a flash, the guys from school took over the fight and wiped out the unknown group.

“GAHH WE WILL GET YOU SOME DAY, TEEN TOP!” the unknown group yelled as Teen Top, sprinted your way, and went right passed you without noticing you were there. Ashley had her eye on one guy in particular... he had blonde hair that looked like creamy vanilla ice cream. Ashley could tell he was the best fighter out of the group... *No, Ashley! snap out of it! You can’t like the most popular guy in school! Especially him, the gangster!* …. *Hmm... so they’re called Teen Top...cool name...*

Ashley slowly made her way back to her house, She straight to her room and laid down on her bed, taking in what had just happened. She took her a long time to calm down her racing heart. She needed to start fulminating and rant to someone. But who was there to talk to? Talk to her mom? She'd take her straight to the counselor, no hesitation, and feed her mental health helping pills. Not that she needed any. She had no friends. She could tell Ann. Who's currently on the other side of the world.

 

The night was soothing and silent. It's blackness swallowed Ashley up, who helplessly fell into a deep sleep. Her dream was overpowering. Towered over by dark black men. She was trapped. She was stuck. The boys came and picked up the bottle that she was stuck in. And then she saw Ann's face appear next to her, like she was an angel from heaven to came to save her. She watched in horror as Ann furiously worked at the bottle, trying to crack it open. When it did, she held her hand out. The dark boys vanished. It was her and Ann together again. Only them.

She woke up, sweating, breathing hard, on the floor of her room. It was a stupid dream. But Ann was coming. No doubt.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley slowly snapped back into reality as she finished her story.


“Ever since the first day, I have hated that school with a passion, Ann,” Ashley tiredly explained. “I have like NO friends, and I concentrate at all during class! Everyday is such a horrible day! I missed you so much Ann! Teen Top are such jerks!”

 "Mmmhmmm," said Ann who was completely asleep. *Good looking guys can't be so rude like that* she thought to herself.

"That was my past. But it doesn't seem real anymore after you came," Ashley laughed. "You brought the color back to my world. It was a black and white past."

She looked over to see Ann with her mouthing hanging open, completely dead in sleep. Ashley put a blanket over her friend and went to her own bed. After she laid down, she turned off the lamp and drifted off to sleep herself.

*I’m so happy you are here now. Be the angel that you were in my dream*