Chapter 8

Who knew?

She passed you the phone and you were nervous as to who it was.

"Why'd you leave?" You could tell he was irritated by his voice.

"You made me uncomfotable." You answered plain and simple. You weren't going to sugarcoat it. 

"Oh. Well." and then you heard rustling and what sounded like yelling coming from the other line.

"Hello Vera?" Ken said on the line. He obviously took the phone from Leo. It made you smile even if Taekwoon was being rude to you Ken was goofy and cute. Now that you thought about it, that kiss wasn't too bad it was sweet.

"Oh. What are you doing?"

"Nothing we are at the restaurant. Are you coming back? I wanted to spend time with you" He said cutely. Which most likely earned him a slap from a member close to him.

"Nope, i'm on my way home right now." You smiled even though he wouldn't be able to see it.

"Why'd you leave? Was it because of Taekwoon hyung?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Yea. Basically that's why. But don't worry i'm sure we can hang out some other time." You said cheerfully so he wouldn't get sad. You weren't sure if you started to have feelings for him or not. 

"Anyways, you should get back to eating. Bye" 

"Mmm, I guess. See you later" He said before hanging up. Truthfully you were hoping to see him later. 

You handed the phone back to Rina who just stared at you wanting to know about the conversation. 

"I'll tell you everything when we get to my house. Okay?" You said patting her head and she just nodded.

Surprisingly your house wasn't too far away from the restaurant and were home in about 15 minutes. Everyone was at work and including Pete was gone. You two ran up your stairs and changed into something more comfortable, you lended her some sweats and a shirt.

"Okay, you've been holding everything off and now I want to know everything" Rina said excitedly.

"Wah, you're really gunning to know everything about me and be best friends huh?" You said as you made her sit down on the floor.

"I thought we already were! Now tell me everything" She said as she moved the snacks between you two.

The story started with you telling her about your boyfriend the overseas part and then when you were on the street. 

"Are you serious? That guy is a jerk. Have you broken up with him yet?" She stated

"Nope, that reminds me I still have to call him. It's harder than you think. Anyways after that I was on the floor and then Hyuk came up with Leo..."

"Stop lying they don't live around here" She said as she stuffed her face with snacks. 

"Pfft, dummy they live right across the street" You punched her lightly on the head.

"Are you serious? We need to have a sleep over as soon as possible" 

"Mhm. Anyways we talked for a bit and then I told them what was up with my boyfriend... they were both shocked actually. But the best part comes up right now because Hyuk 'had' to go get some other things from the store... and Taekwoon piggy backed me home"

"YAH! are you serious? Do you want to kill me?" She said playfully throwing her fist in the air.

"But the thing is he's really sweet. I just I think I have a crush on him"

"Who wouldn't? After you got to ride on his back."

"There's a problem though. I think I might have a crush on Ken too... only because I feel he would treat me better than Taekwoon at the moment. Other than that i'm still scared to talk to my boyfriend about him cheating on me."

"What did Leo do? and you have to confront it or else you'll end up getting more hurt" She said patting your back.

"I guess you're right and he ignored me in the car and then told me off when Ken kissed me. He acted totally different from the night before and I don't know what to do with that." You said scratching your head. 

"That is a problem. I would just wait it out and see." You nodded in response and ate a mouthful of popcorn.

With that it was the end of you telling her everything and then it was her turn. She told you she had a crush on Hyuk since the 2nd year of high school. That's why she was so surprised when you asked her out to lunch with him, she also said that she hated you because you and Hyuk got so close but now she's fine with you. 

Rina changed out of your clothes and put on her uniform.

"I gotta go or my parents are going to be mad. See you tomorrow Vera!" She said walking out of your door.

"Okay see ya!" You shouted. You were exhausted even though you skipped school and you took a nap, it was about 3:00 pm when you decided to take your nap. Your mom woke you up for dinner at 6:00 pm and you groggily went downstairs had dinner and then went up to your room. 

You decided to do your homework that you were assigned. By the time you were finished it was 10:00 pm and you were going to take a shower until you got a call from Max.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe it's Max, sorry I didn't call you earlier" He said with his voice that for some reason you couldn't stand anymore.

"Yea, it's okay. But uhh is there something you're not telling me?" You were stern and were going to get to the bottom of the truth.

"No,.. uh of course not."

"Are you cheating on me with some from my school?" You said surprised that you had said .

"No! Why would you think that?" He said with his voice becoming shaky. 

"Max cut the crap. I have a witness so just confess to me. Instead of being an idiot" You said not letting up on your stern voice but tears forming in your eyes. What could you do? You loved the guy. You two had been together for two years. He treated you like a princess up until the last few months. He was always there for you, even though you had formed crushes here you tried to stay loyal. It hasn't even been a week and Matt had ruined your day twice. 

"Fine what do you want me to say? That our relationship was perfect? Because I can't. I... well after awhile you just got boring  and predictable but I didn't want to let you down. Our relationship I couldn't handle you anymore. I just stopped loving you and kept going with the flow becaue I was so used to it. There. I said it. But when you were about to leave I started to like you again" He said without an ounce of sympathy in his voice which made you fall down to your knees and you could tell he was lying about the part of liking you.

"So you're trying to justify your cheating because I got boring? You should of broken up with me because now I look like a fool and you look like a complete . But i'll get to have the pleasure of breaking up with you. This is it Max. No more Veronica for you. I'm done with your crap and I didn't deserve to be treated like this by someone like you who has no ounce of sympathy. Oh and screw you for saying that you started liking me again because that is complete crap on your part. You're just trying to not sound as much of a douche." You said crying and yelling at the same time. 

"Ver-" You hung up on him. You weren't going to hear anymore of his excuses. You were just glad that you had officially cut him out of your life. You deleted his number right after and changed your relationship status on all your social network accounts. 

You got up, wiped the tears, and sat at your windowsill looking at the moon. It made you feel better for some reason, until you could see something moving in your backyard. 

Slowly you got up and wrapped yourself in your blankets. You weren't going to turn out like those idiotic girls who go and try to investigate the problem themselves and end up dying. Soon enough you heard pebbles being thrown at your window, you got up because you thought serial killers don't usually do that.

You looked and saw Ken who in turn then saw you and smiled. You put up your finger signaling to tell him to wait a second and ran down your stairs as quietly as you could. So you wouldn't wake up your parents and ran to your backyard where you met up with Ken.

"Yah, how did you know where I live?" You said punching his arm. 

"Hyuk told me... well more like I made him tell me" He said chuckling.

"And my room?"

"Oh that. It was the only room with the lights on so I assumed it was your room. But why are your eyes so red and puffy?" He asked cupping your face in his hand. It made you feel nervous and flustered.

"I just broke up with my boyfriend. He was cheating on me" You sighed looking away so you wouldn't cry again. 

"Wow, that boyfriend sounded like a jerk. Well at least now you're single and can find a better boyfriend" He took you into his arms and tightly hugged you. He felt nice and warm, he was a bit different from Taekwoon because he didn't ignore you and act like he didn't know you and he cared but you still had feelings for Taekwoon.

"Ken, didn't I tell you to never talk to her again?" You heard an annoyed voice come from behind some bushes in your backyard.

 

 

 

*Author's Note*

Oh man.