Chapter 2

Who knew?

*Buzz Buzz* your alarm went off at 6:30 AM you had to be at school by 7:30 AM. You got up groggily and made your way to the bathroom to take a shower. Since you didn't have your official school uniform you had to wear normal clothes. You decided black skinny jeans with a white v-neck layered with a denim jacket would be good and some black converse. You weren't dressing to impress but you were dressing to be comfortable. 

You decided that your blow dried hair would be fine since your hair was naturally wavy. Your hair barely touched your lower back and it was a light brown color. Your eyes were a dark brown almost black and you were naturally tan. You were about 5'5 which was an okay height for you. You weren't skinny but you weren't chubby either. 

Your make-up was simple and cute, you had put on mascara and did winged eyeliner for today. You didn't know what the make-up restrictions were at the school so you went pretty simple today. You were ready to go, your grabbed your backpack which was just a simple Northface backpack and called for your driver Pete. 

"Pete! I'm ready for school!" you called out to him

"Veronica-shii? did you eat already?" you had forgotten that your driver was Korean and had Korean customs and it was polite to ask that to someone. 

"No.... Oppa? I haven't eaten yet but i'll get something to eat at school! Have you eaten?" You decided calling him oppa would be okay from now on since you didn't intend on walking or riding a bike to school even if your parents wanted you to. 

"Okay! You better! Anyways hop in the car you don't want to be late for your first day" he answered ignoring your question

You just nodded and got in the car and stared out the window the whole way to the school. You were taking in the scenery of Korea for the first time since you just got here yesterday. It really was a beautiful country and had a lot to offer, but you just thought of it as a vacation place. That's when you remembered Max and how he still hadn't called you to check up on you... it was really starting to bother you that he was acting completely different lately, it was like he didn't care about you anymore. Yet you still loved him... funny isn't it? Some guy treats you like complete crap and you go back for more. 

"Veronica-shii we're here" Pete said startling you. You didn't even notice that the car had come to a complete stop you were day dreaming about your problems already. 

Pete held the door open for you until you got out and wished you good luck and that he would be here 3:00 PM sharp. You bowed and said thank you. You had to get used to bowing and practicing your Korean even more. You were nervous you were going to mess up somehow but your average test scores on your verbal Korean were 98% so you weren't that bad. You writing was on point too you knew Hangul very well. 

"Ahh this is it. My high school" you said to yourself taking it all in. It was a three story school and it was very wide. You were worried that you wouldn't be able to find your classes.

It was everyone's first day but you stuck out like a sore thumb. You had on casual clothes and everyone else had the school uniform you got looks from everybody around you. You heard things like "Who does she think she is?" "is she even Korean?" "does she know this a uniform kind of school" "pfft... foreigners.."

You ignored everyone though and went on to the main office to figure everything out. You got your schedule and had to go to homeroom which you had no idea where it was. You asked the secretary lady but she just handed you a school map and said good luck. 

As you were wandering the halls clueless and already late to your first class you started to panick. All of a sudden someone bumped into you almost knocking you over. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry are you okay?"

"Yea... i'm fine. I'm just wait do I know you from somewhere?" you asked him. You recognized him from somewhere you just couldn't put your finger on it. He helped you get up and you guys started walking aimlessly through the hallway

"Uh, I don't think so? I mean aren't you new here to Korea?" he asked while eyeing you up and down. Yup you're question was answered you definitely stood out like a sore thumb. 

"Hahaha, yea... how'd you know?" you asked chuckling

"Well for one you're not asian at all we can tell, second you're not wearing a school uniform and third but not least you kind of have an accent...haha" He said while smiling 

"By the way what's your name? My name is Hyuk" 

"Oh haha well... and my name is Veronica... and yea you're right I just moved here from Oregon. My dad got transferred but anyways where is Homeroom Class 3?"

"Wow! We have the same homeroom! I can be your first friend at this school!" he said excited

"Yea, hahaha I was worried about that actually..."

"It's good to have a friend who doesn't know what I do for work" 

"What? Do you sell drugs or something?" you asked raising an eyebrow

"NO NO. Wrong idea I just um kind of famous for something. Look just go home and look up Hyuk from Vixx.. you'll see when you get the results"

"Okay?...haha" Where have I heard that name Vixx from? It's totally from somewhere. You thought to yourself

"My Hyungs all go to Universities and i'm the only one in high school still... I mean nevermind just forget that comment until you look us up!" He said covering his mouth after saying it

"You're actually kind of weird Hyuk..."

"Oh here it is! Our homeroom! By the way if people come up to me just barge your way through or i'll come to you. I don't wanna be mobbed by people and i'd rather be with you and some friends okay?" He said opening the door to the classroom

"Man you're really weird Hyuk" you whispered