Chapter 4

Who knew?

"Veronica-shi? May I ask why you were with those guys?" Pete asked

"Oh? that's uhh. Well I became friends with a guy named Hyuk and well he wanted to introduce me to his hyungs. It was weird though because they had like fangirls around them... are they like an underground dance group or something?  Wait nevermind you wouldn't know. Oh and Pete you can call me Vera it's shorter.."

"Haha Vera they aren't underground at all. Didn't Hyuk mention anything?" Pete said chuckling

"No actually he told me to look them up... but you must know something! Tell me please?" you asked with a pleading tone

"I can't if Hyuk said to look them up, that's your job" 

"Fine" you said sticking your tongue out

It only took about 15 minutes to get to your house from school and vice versa, soon enough you were home.

"V come here!" your mom called

"What?" you said annoyed

"We have to go uniform shopping today, so let's get a move on" 

You spoke English within your family it didn't change even though you guys were in Korea, you only spoke Korean to the people that needed it.

You guys just walked down the street to the clothing store since you lived on a street that had a variety of stores. 

Your uniform was a blue skirt and jacket with yellow accents. A white undershirt and a yellow bow tie, you had an option between a long tie and a bow tie (the bowtie looked nicer). Your mom bought 3 uniforms so she could wash them on time and you could wear a fresh pair everyday. 

As soon as you stepped out of the store you saw a black van pass by and some fangirls running after it. You just rolled your eyes and kept on walking with your mom up to your house. You thought to yourself Is Korea just filled with girls running after black vans and cute boys?

The street you had bought your uniform from and had all the stores on was set up in away that apartments and houses were kind of in alleyways. You took a short street or alleyway to get to a certain house or apartment complex and you could just take the short street or alleyway to the street filled with stores. The alleyways were big enough for cars to fit in through and so was the street, of course the apartment complexes had bigger parking lots and alleyways. 

It was really a nice special street that lead off into a bigger Seoul street, it was secluded and friendly. That was the vibe you got from it since yesterday. 

You were almost home when you saw that black van parked in an apartment complex with some girls still surrounding the car. You lived right across from that complex and you couldn't help but feel annoyed that you had to live right across from some kind of celebrity.

Finally you walked up your little street and into your house.

"Mom, i'll be in my room! Thanks for the uniforms" 

"Kay, i'll just call you down when dinner is ready."

You ran up the stairs with your uniforms in hand and into your room. You set them up in your closet nicely, took off your shoes and clothes, you got into something more comfortable like an oversized sweatshirt with shorts. 

You plopped down in your bed when your remembered about VIXX and got your laptop. You type into a search engine VIXX and got links to music videos and member profiles. 

You clicked on the link for Rock your body and finally it hit you where you had recognized Hyuk from and the name VIXX. Your friend had made you listen to them, she was a huge fan of them. She loved some guy named Ken or something because he had a 4D personality. You flat out almost fainted on your bed because you couldn't believe you had befriended Hyuk from an idol group. Although it didn't change how you felt about the guy, he was a friend and you had a boyfriend. You weren't going to act different either because as much as you were starting to really like the group you were just going to treat them like any other human beings, because that's what they were.

Actually you had a favorite already... and it surprised you because he was the one who had scared you today. It was Jung Taekwoon he was honestly the cutest person ever even though he has the chic type of personality. 

After finding and listening to all of their music videos you were satisfied with yourself. You had figured out why Hyuk and you were getting all of those stares from people. Not that you cared now that you found out anyways they were just surprised and jealous. 

"V come down for dinner!" 

"Coming!"

* * *

After dinner you laid down on your bed staring at your ceiling. You had a lot to think about for tomorrow, you were going to ask your dad if he could take you to get your license renewed in Korea. You had gotten your license in the states and now you wanted it here so you could get away and find some places to explore. You missed the states and you missed your boyfriend and Paola (your old best friend). Max hadn't called you at all or messaged you, it just made you feel worse about your relationship. He obviously didn't care enough to check up on his 2-year girlfriend who just moved away to Korea for a freaking year. 

You texted both of them to see who would reply first. 

"Hey P it's me... I miss you :(" 

"Babe! Why haven't you called me?" 

They sent and you dozed off waiting for them to reply. 

It was midnight by the time you had woken up again. None of them had replied, they hadn't even opened the messages. You got up and put on some skinny jeans and put on your converse. You took your phone and some money, you were craving a snack and a late night walk. You pulled your hood over your head and quietly walked down the stairs and out the door.  

"Ahh this chilly night is just perfect for a walk" you said to yourself walking down to the open street. There wasn't that many people out and about since it was late. Only a few ahjummas, some late night shoppers, and just random street walkers. You weren't actually scared though you felt comfortable strolling around on the street walking to the convenience store. 

You got your fudge bar and started walking back to your house when some guy pushed you over because he was in a rush to get home. At least that's what he told you when he was running away and yelling sorry. The jerk didn't even help you up, you had scraped your knee and twisted your ankle because when he pushed you, your foot slipped on the curb and your ankled twisted somehow. You were about 3 houses away from yours and you didn't feel like calling your mom. 

You tried to get up but it hurt too much still so you sat there eating your fudge bar. Luckily when he pushed you, your first instinct was to save it instead of yourself. That's when you felt a vibration come from your belly, it was your phone.

"Hello?" you picked up

"Hey! I'm sorry I didn't call you earlier just some random business. Is there something wrong?" Paola said

"It's okay and no not really. Just some random guy pushed me, I have a twisted ankle, it's late, and Max hasn't called me or texted me back" 

"Oh V! I'm so sorry. Yea Max hasn't really been acting himself the past two months... he's been a jerk honestly. Who pushed you? and where are you right now?" she sounded concerned

"No, I know... I just don't why he's been acting like that. I don't know! It was some random guy running down the street and i'm on a curb a few houses down because my ankle hurts too much to get up."

"Aww, make sure you get home soon! Yea, V, Max is cheating on you with some girl from our high school... I didn't want to say anything because I thought you guys were over but... I saw them kissing behind the school the other day after school. I only saw them because I have rugby practice in the sketchy field behind the school."

As soon as she had finished her sentence you dropped both your phone and fudge bar. You started quietly sobbing, you didn't know how to react to this... it made sense because of the way he was acting towards you for the past few months and the last day he saw you. He was literally your world, you did everything for him and he showed you love. Your heart felt like it had shattered and your stomach dropped. You curled up on the sidewalk and just cried even though Paola kept yelling your name on the other line until she finally gave up. Your ankle still hurt so you had to stay there crying until someone came up to you and you recognized his voice. 

"Excuse me ma'am are you okay?" Hyuk said you heard other footsteps with him signaling he was with someone else.

"Hyuk-ah" you cooed.

 

 

*Author's note*

I know it had a lot of stuff that wasn't related to VIXX but it'll start getting better I promise! Thank you for subscribing!