Interview With Sirus

The Games

Hello my beautiful subbies!! Here's another chaper for you today ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After an hour of waiting, we were ushered to the center of the city to a place where we would go on stage to be interviewed by Sirus one by one. Caleb sat next to me and I noticed that he wore a green tie to match my dress exactly. I had already tuned out all of the other tributes interviews after Kai had gone, lost in my own little world where everything was mistakenly perfect. It was some place where my family was still alive and there was no Capitol, no Districts, no Games.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Caleb shook me, gesturing for the stage door.

"It's your turn."

"Oh, thanks," I said with a small and sad smile.

I waited patiently as Sirus talked to the crowd who were excitedly clapping or nodding. Confidence is the key, I reminded myself as I ran through the things that I might possibly say in the two minutes I was on stage.

"Please welcome Maya from District Seven!"

Cheers were heard as I walked onto the stage with a smile, my heels clicking loudly to the center where there was an open seat next to Sirus. I sat down and waited for the cheers to die down before I was asked questions.

"So, first fo all how do you like the Capitol?"

I made a cute thinking face, my eyes drifting to the right. "It's a lot different from home I will say that much."

He nodded and proceeded to ask me another question. "Now I think we are all wondering this, how does a cute little thing like you be so...deadly as to score a nine in training?"

"Well, it was kind of like I can run the obstacle course and I am pretty good in hand to hand combat, it sort of comes naturally," I said with a smile adn a cute shrug of my exposed shoulders.

"So do you have a name at home other than Maya?"

"Actually, I do," I said, smiling at Sirus.

"May we know what it is, or is it a secret?"

I giggled quietly, hiding my mouth wtih my hand elegantly. "Actually, they call me the 'flying squirrel'."

"Oh? And why is that?" He asked while leaning towards me, the crowd copying him and doing the same thing in their seats.

"Well, I guess it's because I can jump from tree to tree like a squirrel. But I actually never go the flying part."

He smiled and the audience laughed.

"So do you have a plan for winning the Games?"

I nwith a small smile. "But I can't tell you," I said teasingly.

Nodding, he flipped through a few flash cards he held gingerly in his hand. "Now, this is a little more personal, is there some lucky boy back home that you want to fight for?"

I looked down sadly. "Actualy, no."

The people awed and felt the sadness that I portrayed. Actually, it didn't matter because I wasn't going to make it home, I would be long gone in just a few short days.

"Oh, that's a shame. How can someone not fall in love with such a cute thing as you?"

"Oh Sirus..." I blushed and tried to cover it up but made it obvious that I was blushing. It was all for the show, because out in the Games, one sponsor could be the difference from life and death.

The buzzer went off in the most convinent of times.

"Well, that's all the time we have. Let's have a hand for Maya!" He said, taking my hand as we stood up with the audience roaring. I gave a small bow as he let me go and I showed a smileand a small wave before going off the stage. I thought that I had aced the cute actduring the interview but I guess we would find out later.

I walked back into the room backstage where the tributes were being held. Caleb was being interviewed right now and there were only five more districts to go after him. The Careers were lounging on the large black leather couches boredly while the other tributes stared off into space like I was doing earlier. It was silent as I took a seat at the end of the couch next to the female from District 11. I looked up, feeling the heated gaze of someone looking directly at me. It was Kai, staring at me from across the room. When our eyes met and he realized that I had caught him staring at me he looked down quickly with a thin blush on his cheeks. Strange...