So Mysterious

The Games

As we came up on the screams, we realized that it was two strange animals that were imitating people's yells.

"What the hell?" I asked, looking between the others. This was all a part of the Games, trickery and new things made by the Capitol to lure tributes out, make them think that they were insane.

They didn't know either, all wearing confused expressions on their faces. Then there was a huge boom, shaking the ground and leaving our ears ringing. I let out a squeak and grabbed onto Kai for support, his body staying rooted to the ground. It was like there was an earthquake that had only lasted a few seconds. Once it stopped, I let go of him, shakily standing on my feet. Vera was having the sme difficulty as I was, the blast having shaken her as well.

"What the hell was that?" Growled Kai.

"I don't know, it was like a small earthquake," replied Vera.

I looked down, thinking, Then it hit me, I knew what had happened. "THey blew something up! It might have been camp!"

We went wide eyed and took off towards the Cornucopia. Upon arrival, the whole pile was blown to bits, debris littering the ground and some even still on fire. The Gamemakers must have done this for entertainment, just to see the Career tributes struggle for survival like the others.

We cautiously made our way to where the kid was supposed to be keeping watch only to see him as clueless as we were. Kai stalked over to him, clearly pissed off.

"You were supposed to keep watch!"

"I'm sorry, it wasn't my faultm, the bomb came out of nowhere!"

"How was it not your fault?!" Yelled Kai, getting angrier by the second. This was the ugly side of him, there always was a different side to people then most of us see and this was his. He gets angry easy.

"I-"

Before the kid could say anything more, Kai snapped his neck like a twig. It was so easy for him, just a small twist and that's it. He fell to the ground with his neck twisted and not long after, a cannon went off. Nine of us left now.

 

There were more loud screams that were heard, it sounded like arguing once again. Someone was making animals imitate them. Someone was toying with us and it was not making any of us happy.

 "We should split up and look fro who ever is making them imitate their yelling," I suggested.

Vera nodded with a small glare in the direction of the sound. We gave each other a nod and split off into four different directions. I went to the far left, Kai to my right, Vera to his right and then Minwoo to the far right. Looking at us one last time, I took off into the woods at the same time Kai did, Vera and Minwoo right behind the two of us.

I had been running through the woods when a cannon went off. I stopped and looked around, it seemed like I was all alone still. Less than a minute later, ther was another cannon fired. Deciding to head back, I turned and ran in the direction of the Cornucopia.

Vera and I got there at the same time, both of us breathing hard.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, it could have been one of us," Vera said, glancing into the woods on either side of us.

"Yeah, what if it was Kai or Minwoo?"

"I don't know."

We sat down and decided to wait for the boys to come back. Kai joined us not long after Vera and I had gotten a fire started. We waited for what seemed like hours, keeping the fire going to keep warm as night fall was once again approaching us.

"Minwoo isn't back yet," stated Vera.

Kai and I just nodded. I looked up to catch him staring at me for the third time that day, it was weird. Maybe he wasn't just a brutal killing machine, ther ewas more behind that cold heart of his. It was strange that I was thinking this way about a bunch of Careers, after all they were trained to do this since they were just children.

The three of us sat in silence and the playing of the anthem had us looking into the sky for the three fallen. Ther was Minwoo's face that was shown first, then the boy that Kai had taken care of from Three. Finally there was the female from District Eleven. That left seven of us for the victory. We were all waiting for Xia and Jacob of 12 to show up, they were the best contendors next to the Careers and I for the win of the Games.

Sighing, I shut off all thoughts and laid down to try and get some sleep.

Tomorrow might be it, the finale and I was not quite ready to tell this arena and Game goodbye just yet. I will fight out of the seven of us for the final four and face whatever was coming at me with a stone exterior.