In The Morning

The Games

Waking up in the morning was strange. I was curled into Kai's chest and his arm was draped over my waist. I looked up at him, his dark eyes were closed, his hair falling lightly in his face. He was a beutiful being. His lips were so perfect, so enticing and kissable. If he had a girlfriend she was lucky and he was also cheating. But he didn't seem like the type to do that so I assumed that he was single.

Sitting up, I slowly took his arm off as to not wake him. Looking around, the other wer all asleep and the sun was just peeking out of the artificial sky. I popped the remainder of the berries into my mouts and took our a piece of jerkey to chew on before breakfast.

Vera was the next to wake, followed by Minwoo and finally Kai.

My ears perked up at a strange sound, bnoth human and not human.

"Hey," I said, giving Kai a small shake to get his attention and then telling him to listen. Birds chirped and somewhere in the mix, there were two people yelling at each other.

He stood up, catching the attention of the others. "Look what we got."

Vera and Minwoo turned their heads to listen to the faint yelling of the two tributes. Or so we assumed. Vera smirked, turning back to Kai. "What are we going to do?"

"What do you think?"

Vera grabbed her knives and began stuffing them anywhere that they would fit, Minwoo grabbed his two short swords while Kai had a long and thin sword in his hands along with a pair of gloves that were covered with long spikes that looked razor sharp. He threw the pair of gloves to where he had been sitting by the fire, leaving them here. My axe was in my hand as I was already standing up and ready to go. When everyone was ready we stood. Kai turned to the boy from Three and pointed a finger threateningly at him.

"Stay here and keep watch," he growled. None of the Careers put up any protest that I was going with them and I was glad, no way was I going to be stuck here with the boy from Three.

"Let's go!"

We hooted and hollered, agreeing with Minwoo. I was in the center of the pack as we ran to check out whatthe screaming that had out attention. I'm sure the people at home were not pleased that I had allied myself with the Careers, but they could deal with it. I wasn't planning on comeing home anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone, sorry that this was so short but I only had time to write this much. I'll have an update in in a few days so please wait for me!! ^^