Prologue

The Games

Years ago, the world was torn apart by the third World War. Countries fell, people died, the only explanation to this was complete chaos. Korea was also being caught in the midst of the war. When the fighting was finally over after years upon years, only a few countries among the world's continents remained. Those that did started from nothing, rebuilt everything and came up with new systems to govern themselves. Korea was no exception.

With all of the free land, countries expanded their territory. Korea rebuilt everything and its residents were happy. But that was only for a short time.

A new person came into power. And with new people came new government and a shift in the power. But the residents of Korea did not like the new system, a rebellion took place. When it was all over, people were left scarred, scared, and with new policies that they had to live under.

Korea was then split into twelve districts, each with its own industry that they control. From then on, there was punishment that the newly started Capitol announced. It would be called the Games. Each year, every district was required to send one male and one female between the ages of twelve and eighteen to compete in the Games. But there was a catch, the Games were a live fight to the death on national television and everyone was forced to watch it, no matter what. It was a rule.

The Games were meant to be a reminder of the rebellion, an honor to compete in. But it wasn't. The Games were meant to keep the people of the country in line, not to question the ruling of the powerful government. It was intended to set fear in the eyes of the people, to let them know that nothing was safe and that if the Capitol wanted to, everything could be gone in a second.

Peacekeepers roamed the streets of every district. There were gamemakers that everyone knew had no heart or soul. The people that lived in the Capitol had easy lives, rich with food always on the table. They never had to go to the Games. The Districts weren't that fortunate. The people who lived in the Districts were poor and unvaluable in their eyes, they thought that they were better then we were. Then there were the Career Districts, the ones that trained to go to the Games and did it willingly. 1, 2, and 4 were the Career Districts. From an early age, they were trained to go to the Games. They were the Capitol's pets and the richest of the Twelve Districts.

It was horror, the Games. Almost anyone that was chosen was guaranteed to die, to be slaughtered in front of their family and friends. There was only one winner, one Victor.

There was always a friend left behind.

A daughter or son that never gets to see their family again.

A sibling that is now an only child.

Parents that wail in agony as they watch their child murder and get murdered, all of their hard work slipping away in a single second. Gone, noting left of what once was theirs.

This is the history that we all knew of as The Games.