☂ Daehyun ☂

Aeru Oneshots ♥ - Closed
Daehyun.
 
Confession
 
 
 
You looked at the drawer of your nightstand and a small smile appeared on your lips. That drawer was special, that drawer was, where your memories with him, Jung Daehyun, was. You two were best friends since high school. You two shared everything together and took pictures for every occasion. That is why that drawer was special because that drawer had a box with all your photos.

You came near the drawer and you opened it carefully. Your eyes landed on the silver box and you took it slowly. Your fingers felt the robustness of the box and you sat on your bed. Your elbow touched the back of Daehyun. Yes, Daehyun was sleeping in your bed. He was tired. After he practiced with BAP, he came to your house to see you but it turns out that after a few minutes talking, he fell asleep. You were already used to this happening and honestly, you prefer that he slept well because then he wakes up with the energies charged.

You passed with the tip of your fingers through his soft hair and then you looked back to the box that was placed on your lap. You unlaced the silver tie, and you opened the box without making any noise. You didn’t want wake up Daehyun. The first picture that showed up in the box was when you two were walking in the park. You remembered that day perfectly. You two had agreed to go to the park because the weather was good but in the middle of the afternoon, the sky shrouded with clouds and it started raining. You were on the swings when the raindrops began to wet you two. You two tried to look for a place to shelter and the only place closer was under a big tree. The place was deserted because of the rain. You and Daehyun were a bit wet because the tree was still a bit away from the swings. In a minute of silence you looked to Daehyun and the tips of his hair were wet and were covering his vision. Without thinking, you took his hair from his eyes and he gave you a big smile. At that moment your heart skipped a beat, at that moment you knew perfectly well that Jung Daehyun wasn’t a mere best friend, he was something more.

"Eunri, where are you?" You heard Daehyun, mumble and you woke up from your flashback. You and Daehyun were only best friends, you wanted to be something more but you were afraid that he didn’t want the same as you, so you hide your feelings at the bottom of your heart. “Eunri..” He said your name and you put the picture on the box and you turned your face to the side to see him. Daehyun eyes were closed, his eyebrows were furrowed and a line of restlessness was very present in his forehead. Is he having a nightmare? You asked to yourself. You raised your hand but you stopped halfway. They say it isn’t nice to wake up people when they are dreaming. “Where are you?” You heard him ask again. You put the box on the bedside table and you turned yourself completely to him.

“I’m here.” You whispered close to his ear, lying beside him. One thing you loved in Daehyun is that when he dreamed, he spoke, and many times you listened to what he said during the dream and then when he woke up, you told him and he got embarrassed. Yes, Jung Daehyun, sometimes is shy, even when everyone thinks he’s too charming to be shy. You saw the line of restlessness disappear from his forehead and his face softened. How incredible it is that only a few words coming from your mouth meant that his dream could improve. "I'll always be here." You replied lower and you placed your cupped hands, under your left cheek.

“Gomawo.” His lips formed this little word of gratitude while he still had his eyes closed, he was still asleep. You looked at his beautiful face. He was handsome, his silky hair, his round and bright eyes, the shape of his nose, his pompous lips, and his precious smile. He was entirely beautiful.

“You’re welcome.” You said more to you than to him. You sighed again. Your heart was sad. You knew Daehyun saw you only as a best friend, or so you thought. You would like to hear him call you jagiya. You would like to hold hands with him in the streets. You would like to receive messages from him saying 'I love you' and 'I miss you', but you know that will not happen. You were coward. You were afraid to tell him how you felt about him. You knew you should tell him but when you were trying to say that you loved him, your voice wouldn’t come out. Multiple times, you tried, and multiple times, you've failed.

“Eunri, I love you.” He called you and said those words and you looked into his eyes that were still closed. You frowned. You heard right? He said he loved you? No, probably you heard wrong. “I love you.” He babbled and your eyes widened. Ok, you didn’t hear wrong. Without thinking, you shook the arms of Daehyun to wake him up. You had to be sure of what he was saying.

“Daehyun..” You called him while you shook his arms. “Dae, wake up.” You asked and he opened his eyes slowly.

“What.. What is it?” He asked dazed and sat on the bed, rubbing his eyes. After a few seconds, he turned his face toward you and you looked closely at him. "Eunri, why are you looking at me like that?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and you came near him, also sitting on the bed.

“Do you love me?” You asked and he suddenly stopped breathing. He blinked a few times and you saw his cheeks flush.

“Ahn?” He replied a little lost. Yes, when you had to be sure of something, you bombard people with questions.

"I asked if you love me." You said sighing impatiently. He looked at you and put a hand on his neck, rubbing it, while you didn’t take your eyes off him.

"Damn it.." He protested and covered his face with his palms. "I said that while I was sleeping, right?" He asked and pulled his hands from his face seeing you nod affirmatively. "Ahh, how can I say this?" He asked to himself and you shrugged, you were waiting for a good moment to say you loved him too. “Yes, I love you, Eunri.” He said with a low voice and with red cheeks. "I love you so much that my heart aches when I look at you and I know that you don’t feel the same." He whispered with sad eyes and began to play with the fabric of the pillow.

“I love you too.” You said lower than him and he raised his head. He couldn’t believe what he had heard. “I love you too, Daehyun.” You said more firmly and suddenly he dropped the pillow and pulled your arm for a hug. He your head and hugged you tightly.

"Now I'm happy." He said leaning his chin on your shoulder. I love you so much Eunri and I’m glad to finally say that." He said and you smiled widely, feeling safe in his arms. “I love you.” He repeated, and began to rock you gently. Your eyes landed on the box of your memories and your heart beat with joy. That box would have more memories of you two but now as boyfriend and girlfriend.

Jung Daehyun, I love you.

 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE.
My sweet Daenieez, here's your request dear :). Feedback please ~♥