Color Scheme

English 101

Ok so color scheme has an important part of this

"Oh my readers wont care, they're here for the story not the pictures or colors." Oh we do care (well at least me).

Color of texts

I won't read stories with bad text colors (Yes I'm so superficial about things that I judge you're story by the color of texts! -says sarcasticly-)

The good: There's a reason why black is automatically chosen. Bold, bright colors are fine with me. (if you choose blue tell your readers the links on  you're story)

The bad: Having fun reading this? I don't hate light blue or yellow actually I like them. You can't read light colors easily against a white background and I will not take the time to highlight the entire story to read what the author is saying. I just love giving people eyestrains!! <-- highlight me (I have to say yellow is the worst color to choose out of all of them)

The ugly: new writer here! I hope you enjoy the story. I felt nervous when key looked at me. I bet you can't read me >:D <-- highlight

The tacky: Subscribe please(: Comments<33  I can read with that but if it's over used (used for the whole story) it looks tacky.

Advice: choose a color with a good contrast from the background. ex: back ground: black text: white, yellow, light blue etc..

 

Background image

Avoid photobucket at all costs

a lot of the times you end up with backgrounds/ pictures that end up like this:

^ isn't that the most prettiest thing you've seen?

A simple rule to remember: K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)

Recently I was reading a story. It had a pretty cool background. Well it was so cool, I didn't pay attention to what I was reading because I kept watching the background.

it was a psychadellic picture kind of like this one

except slower but you get my point. Not exactly the best image to use as a background since it's distracting. I never did subscribe to it. Avoid psychadellic pictures and optical illusions as background pictures (my teacher had an optical illusion poster up, it distracted me a lot)

Another thing to keep in mind: the links to your chapters are blue

avoid backgrounds that have similiar colors as the links on the side.

Pictures and Hotlinking!

hot linking- putting the pictures on the page instead of linking them. (what I did above with the photobucket image)

Some of us get carried away with hotlinking them. Not all of us have super fast computers or internet. Add at the most 3 or 4 photos a page (and avoid the high resolution photos)

I don't want to wait 10 minutes to read a chapter and most likely I wouldn't read that chapter

if you have more photos then link them. choose 3 or 4 of the most important image and link the rest

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know this isn't grammar but these issues need to be said (photobucket issue is pretty common -_-)