The past and a new beginning?

St Michel Student Council

 

Yunho led Amber to the kitchen and left her alone with the pots and pans. She stared at the fridge with a blank look and mumbled to herself, “Why am I here? Why do I have to live with them?” feeling a sense of helplessness, she walked towards the kitchen stool resting her head on the kitchen counter in front of her as she starts turning delirious.

 

She thought, 'they are beautiful people, too beautiful for me. I can't stand the sight of them... I will die of cardiac arrest if this continues on. My heart beats as if a metal concert is going on and.. I don't belong here.. I should leave... '

 

Suddenly, Donghae walks into the kitchen looking for something to quench his thirst without knowing he freaked the hell out of Amber. She looked at him in horror and turned towards the wall facing it. “What's wrong? Is there anything wrong with me?” the innocent boy questioned as his eyes starts tearing. The kind and mellow guy couldn't understand why he was greeted with such an expression of horror on her face. “Sooooorrr.. sorry..” Amber replied falling to the ground. Exasperated, Donghae left the kitchen.

 

These guys are just too beautiful and I'm so ugly. These thoughts keeps circling her mind. Her eyelids felt heavy, her mind is in a whirl. Slowly her eyes closed as she recalls something heavy in her past.

 

“Kaname-kun, I like you since the first day. You're fun and caring. I really like your smile and laughter. Will you accept me as your girlfriend?” she confessed her love to the boy she had a crush on since she first encounter him on their first day of school.

 

He has a pretty good looking face and a tall statute. He is considered a good looker in the area and enjoys high popularity among his peers. He seems to treat Amber extra special often offering her his shoulder to lean on during lunch breaks for a short nap or walks home with her. They were inseparable and everyone thought they are probably lovers or if not, will be one someday.

 

“^&@*.. You're grossing me out. Get away from my sight!” yelled Kaname in disgust. He had never thought of her as a woman, much less a lover. “You're one ugly !”

 

Amber completely stunned by her alleged best friend. She never imagined he thought of her that way without any forewarning. The startling revelation was too much for Amber to bear. She was never seen again in school. The seasons passed and they graduate.

 

HYUNG!! HYUNG!!!!” Donghae yelled from afar. Amber snaps back to reality and ran out of the kitchen to see their beloved Yunho goes into a state of delirium from starving. Her motherly instincts kicks in and she felt apologetic for all the trouble she has caused so far for the day. Without qualms, she went into the kitchen and lay out all the ingredients, the pots and pans and, the kitchen knives neatly in front of her. Taemin who happened to pass by the kitchen suddenly stopped and looked at Amber with horror as she took the cleaver and starts chopping up the meat. In his imagination, she looked sinisterly cannibalistic as if she is about to butcher the whole tribe but in reality, Amber sliced up the fish and meat in grace and precision in contrast to her first appearance. By then, the guys had gathered outside the kitchen door peering in on her cooking escapade. Kyuhyun, Siwon and Changmin grins. They saw the possibility of her turning into a lady.

 

“Hyung! We might die from eating this!” Taemin still in doubts. Strangely, Taemin is a brilliant academic majoring in sciences and mathematics even though his actions and personality doesn't reflect his intelligence.

 

Amber laid the table and place the simple dishes on the dining table gesturing them to dig in. Yunho, suddenly regains his consciousness as the fragrant aroma enters his nose eating to his senses. With no hesitation, he starts chomping down the food not stopping for a breather. “mm.. ummm.. mmm... its del.. li.. li.. cious..” After Yunho's quality control, the rest starts digging in. The guys couldn't believe how could a simple home meal like that could taste so heavenly, echoed in unison, “DELICIOUS! I want another bowl of rice please!” “We've decided, we really welcome you to live with us!” the guys chirped in relief as they know at least their meals are very well settled for.

 

A tiny smile planted on Amber's face much to everyone's surprise. Its the first time they see her smile.

 

“You can smile!” Changmin cried. He felt really challenged by her depressing aura but now, he felt some hope in her. Instantly, her brows are seen frowning together as her face turns into a pouring of mixed intense feeling of shock and disgust. She ran back into kitchen covering her face with both her hands in denial of her true nature.

 

“You need to learn to be subtle.” the leader, having gobbled down his portion, finally picks himself up and regains his usual demeanor since he is well fed. He got off the table and headed towards the kitchen.

 

“Thank you for the meal.” Yunho thanked her politely.

 

“Let me show you to your room.” He reached for her hands again but she this time round, she stare at him with intensity fearing for what he might do again. “I won't bite or pin you down. So follow me. You must be tired.” Amber wouldn't budge at all. Yunho gets a little impatient, “okay! You can tie my hands up if you want and I won't retaliate!” he claimed. He walk towards the drawers pulling out a clean piece of white cloth and handed it to her, “Tie me then...” Seeing how serious Yunho is, Amber relents.

 

The two walk up the long flight of stairs to the second floor of the mansion following through a dark walkway with many heavy looking wooden doors on each sides. One, two, three, four, five, six... she counted as Yunho stopped by the sixth door. “This is your room,” Yunho points to direction of a particularly heavy door. She looked at the large wooden teak engraved in beautiful flower patterns in awe. “You will sleep here and if there is anything, I'm just directly opposite your room...” “EEKS!” Amber let out a scream, “I mean, aren't there six of you here? You don't have to let out a room just to accommodate me, I can find somewhere to stay. I can explain to Rain that I'm imposing on you guys.” she explained wanting to escape living with them since she is men phobic. She didn't want to live with six beautiful men in the first place and to make matters worse, she sleeps right across the leader's room. “Siwon and Kyuhyun agrees to sharing a room. So appreciate their effort.” commanded the leader with no intention of giving ways.

 

As the day passed, Yunho gradually gets used to her dramatic outburst of emotions as he finds her reactions relatively amusing which in turns propels his inner desire to naturally mess around with her, “You seem to be excited...” he let out a husky deep voice as he lean towards her, “Or do you want to sleep with me instead if you feel burdened or sorry to them...” he draws closer to her till she could feel his breath caressing her face. Without hesitation, she swerved to the side headed towards the door.

 

Amber took a deep bow in ninety degrees and apologized, “Sorry, I'm happy for them. Goodnight!” unlocks the door, heads towards the room and attempts to push the door behind her when Yunho suddenly stops the closing door. He couldn't just leave her alone without doing anything nasty. Amber turns wondering what he wants next. His charismatic face released a smirk as an idea popped out of nowhere. He leaned towards her and planted his lips against hers.