Time for Dinner

St Michel Student Council

 

 “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! QUICK, POUR SOME WATER ONTO IT!!!! BEFORE...” Donghae screamed.

 

“Noooooooooooo! ITS GONNA EXPLODE WHEN IT TOUCHES HOT BOILING OIL!” Changmin shouted back at him.

 

 

“KYU HYUNG! WHAT SHOULD WE DO?” Taemin in a nervous tone.

 

“I DON'T KNOW! What should we do Hyung?” Kyuhyun answered Taemin in exasperation and turned to Siwon for an answer.

 

“Don't look at me! I have never cooked before either.” Siwon frowned.

 

The five men in the kitchen has never stepped into the kitchen before not to mention, cook. They looked at each other helplessly before Siwon came up with an idea, “Let's ask Amber. She did our dinner the other night, I'm sure she will cook for us again.”

 

“Are you sure its a good idea? You know she's sorta different? Manly and dark. I doubt she puts any effort in preparing her own meal.” Changmin questioned Amber's self-substantive ability.

 

“Erms, I think she might poison us.” Taemin still fears Amber.

 

“Let's just ask her.” Kyuhyun not wanting to continue any further with the cooking since none of them can do a meal properly.

 

 

The five of them walked up to her room together feeling some guilt over their impertinence but they had no choice.

 

Siwon knocks on her door, “Amber! You there?”

 

Silence ensued.

 

“Amber?! Its me, Siwon. Would you kindly open the door for us?”

 

The door opens.

 

The five men looked on with guilt written all over their face leaving her slightly surprised.

 

Siwon broke the silence, “Sorry Amber. Would you kindly cook for us? I know it isn't your roster today but...” Siwon asked in a gently.

 

“Yes.” she replied softly.

 

Amber nods her head.

 

“Thank you! You save our lives!” suddenly, Donghae gave Amber a big hug before Kyuhyun pulls him away from her.

 

“Hyung, don't scare our dinner away!” Kyuhyun growled at Donghae somewhat hinting a slight jealousy with his actions. “Amber, I will help you.”

 

“No. Its okay. I prefer the kitchen to myself.” Kyuhyun looks on in dismay as she walks down to the kitchen to prepare their meals for them.

 

“Kyuhyun, you still have me.” Siwon grins at the genius with a slight hint of sarcasm. The depressed kid walks back to his room after throwing out a punch in Siwon's chest.

 

 

Dinner was served and all the men gathered in the dining room along with Amber and Yunho. The guys dig into their food like no tomorrow exhausted from their attempts to cook earlier on. Yunho and Amber sat across each other quietly avoiding any eye contact they might possibly come across. The rest of the guys noticed the slight awkwardness in them as the intensity in them fills the room.

 

“Hyung, why aren't you eating? Amber took the liberty to cook for us.” Donghae asked.

 

“I am eating.”

 

“But Hyung, your plate still looked the same to me ten minutes ago. If you're not feeling hungry, can I have your portion?”

 

“No.” Yunho replied firmly not wanting to waste Amber's effort in preparing the meals.

 

“kay...” Donghae replied in his meek voice after discerning his Hyung's tension.

 

It was a long and slow dinner for them, excruciating for some and enjoyable for the others.

 

Amber turned in early that night.