Summers are meant to party!

St Michel Student Council

“Ladies and Bros, LETS PARTY!” the ever flamboyant energetic Changmin screams excitedly through the microphone announcing for the party to begin. The DJ takes the cue and begins to play a series of EDM and the servers’ gracefully struts out from the bars and kitchen with wines and canapes in a grandiose manner. Summer party at St. Michel has always been a fusion of the contemporary and the traditions, a pretty good mix of everything that screams summer. The party begins and everyone starts moving to the dance floor.

 

Fifteen minutes ago…

“Wonnie is running a little late, we still have to dress Amber up!” ever anxious, Taeyeon reproached the said missing guy for his tardiness and having not updating a single news ever since he left for the said lady. “Seriously, even we cannot do wonders with just fifteen minutes! Kyuuuuu, can’t you think of any way to contact him?”

“I trust Siwon on this. If he is this late, he probably had his reasons. Let’s just wait a bit.” The exasperated male assured.

“Yeah, I believe Siwon is a person who understands how important time works. So let’s be a little patient.” Yunho reassures Taeyeon with an assertive look. He then sits back down on his usual arm chair with his arms and legs crossed and eyes wide shut. The rest of the council members as if on cue, settles back down on their usual corners of the council room and waits patiently for the trusted member to bring back the lady who escaped.

Meanwhile…

“Amber, can I take a selfie with you?” Siwon, still entranced by Amber’s newfound beauty, cannot hide the excitement he has ever grown since he first laid his eyes upon her minutes ago. “I’m serious, treat it as a favor to your best friend’s cousin.”

“I didn’t know Minho’s your cousin though. Well, alright since you are related to him.” Amber relents.

Siwon takes it as a yes and with immediate response, he fished out his cellphone and starts adjusting the angles with the camera. “Okay, smile! Two… three!” The camera clicks and the Siwon checked out if the photos are okay. Amber retreats back to her downcast looks.

Hmm… seems like even without smiling, she still looks gorgeous… I’ll just have to settle with that. Siwon thought to himself.

Back in the room…

“WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!” Taeyeon screeched across the room. “I thought you guys trust Siwon in this? He just texted us that he’ll be late because he picked up some random pretty lady on the street. What is this!! He even send us a selfie!! … Even though I must admit the lady is darn beautiful but!!”


“Tae, relax. Chill. I almost forgot that everyone is supposed to bring a partner with them.” Victoria, ever calm and collective, tried to cool down her best friend. “Kyu, would you kindly explain why you are smiling from ear to ear? You are kinda creeping us out.”

 

“You’ll see… Let’s go. The party is starting” Satisfied with earning a glare and earning quizzical looks from the others, the knowing man walks towards the door and slowly pushing it open.

 

“We are back!” Siwon quips in a playful manner knowing the ladies are probably anxious by now. He struts into the room like a gentlemen and holding arms of the said random lady by her side. Everyone is awed by the ethereal aura the two is emitting and held their breath. Everyone in the room was mesmerized by her tall stature and her lean frame but nothing could really compare to the beautiful pair of amber eyes and her flawless countenance. The room was in a silence till moments later, Victoria, the first to regain her composure, speaks up. “Where’s Amber?”

 

Kyuhyun, amused and no longer able to contain his laughter, chuckles gracefully, “You guys, Amber is here all along.”

 

Fortunately the room was filled with intellectuals and doesn’t take too long to understand what Kyuhyun had meant by his last statement. The room was filled with “oohs” and “Ahhs” and “Are you really Amber?” before Yunho takes Amber’s hand and announced, “Let’s go, we’re are going to be late if we don’t start moving.” He then turned to Amber, “Don’t worry, I’m here. We are all here.” assuring her that everything is going to be alright with his gentle and steady voice. Amber nods and walked alongside with the council members to the party ballroom.

 

As the group heads towards the ballroom, Amber is still amazed at how beautiful her council members can be especially now they are all dressed up, they looked like real life manga characters who just walked out of a book. In her mind, she is still relating everything in her ‘otaku’ mode. Elegant but not too formal, her council members stands out too much for her. Shriveling in her own insignificances and self-depreciation, she starts to slow down her pace. Her actions though did not go unnoticed by Yunho who still held on to her hands firmly and with an assertive look, he speaks to her in his most gentle voice. “Come, we still have our job to do. But don’t worry, just chill and relax and I’m sure we’ll go through this together. I don’t like parties too.” Taking a deep breathe, she is determined to go through the night whether she likes it or not.

 

Back to the present…

 

The music continues as members of the student council struts into the ballroom slowly with short and heavy steps. Each steps with dignity earning countless whispers of envy and adoration. Like as if automatically, the crowd parts into two with a small path for the group to cut through the ballroom. No one notice any abnormalities nor the additional member arms tangled with the student leader. It all seems natural and effortless till someone in the crowd steps out and offer to know the name of the mysterious woman.

 

The woman yanked off the offering hands and hides behind the tall leader in fear of any potential trouble she might incurred. The president offers a wide crescent smile however, his eyes holding every other meaning to it. The man of course knew the leader wasn’t an easy character to deal with, retreats back into the crowd and hid his head in fear of offending the powerful council members.

 

Yunho leads the council a dedicated corner of the ballroom to the council members. The crowd also begins to notice the additional members and a commotion can be heard among the girls. Siwon takes this as a cue to wow the audience, takes up the mic and before he can says anything, Rain steps in. “My little students, you guys started the party without inviting me? How is a summer party without rain!” after gaining loud cheers from the crowd, Rain continues his speech, “Tonight we’ll have a transfer student in the house and I thought to take this chance to introduce him. Treat him well, he’s on my VIP list.” As if on cue, the door across the room opens and a tall handsome young man walks in.

 

“Minho!” Siwon shouts from across the hall. The crowd was appalled at the mention of the name and it seems like they knew who the said person is. “Yo Hyung!” Minho walks in long and light steps with eagerness to reach his cousin. “Didn’t manage to talk to you just now but hey, you’re joining us!”

 

Changmin, Taemin and Donghae’s jaws dropped at the exchange as they begin to realize that the man that took Amber away that morning was in actual Siwon’s cousin. They were still trying to comprehend on how the kidnapper nerd in the morning turns out to be the charming member of the Choi family. “Amber!” Minho heads straight to the said lady and gave totally threw himself to her. Amber reciprocates the hug and that gains instant reaction from the crowd and even the student council too.

 

“Is that Amber? That cannot be true!” “Oh my god! Her eyes are in amber too!” “She’s beautiful!” “Ethereal I must say…” “And the new guy and Amber is hugging out!”

 

“And Amber is hugging back Minho. What had actually happened?” Taeyeon questions with her growing big eyes. Yunho, his ever emotionless face begins to waver, composes himself and stretched out his hands to Minho. “Hi Minho. Welcome to St. Michel. I’m Yunho here. Its good to have you here.”

 

Minho, the ever overly passionate and happy chap grabbed his hands and initiated a brotherly hug with Yunho. “Great meeting you too!” earning amusing stares from the council members.

 

“Minho-cchi, let’s get some food and Samchon too.”

 

The student body was surprised at Amber’s sudden exchange of words with Rain and Minho. It seems like she has turned into a little girl or woman and she seems to be very comfortable with them. The members seems a little defeated at the sudden change and the mood was pretty dull because of the so many ways they had tried to turn Amber into a woman and they still can’t get over the fact that Minho and her uncle’s did so effortless. Rain was a giveaway but the group is still puzzled over Minho’s existence. Siwon sensing the group needed some explanation, got them seated and started on what he knew, “Minho is my uncle’s kid. You know our family’s conglomerate, Minho’s dad is on par, if not even much wealthier than my dad. You know how our family works. We do not associate with each other’s family in the public which is why no one really know we are related. Its not like we are not close or anything, we still have our family gatherings and stuffs like that. Of course, we are well known in our each individual industry.”

 

The group listens intently not missing out a detail before Taemin interrupts, “Perhaps long story cuts short Hyung?”

 

Siwon knows he can sometimes get a little longwinded but he thought its better that they know who the new guy really is to avoid any potential misunderstandings. “I am getting to the point. Anyways, when we were still kids, Minho was still studying in Korea. Then one day, uncle decides to send him to Japan and not just the main city nor the prestigious school, he was sent to some rural area to live with no one following him. I was pretty close to him but our communication has cut short. We barely had any interactions since then. Uncle did not reveal his whereabouts to us either. My uncle can be a little strange sometimes.”

 

Kyuhyun continues questioning, “Why would he do that?”

 

Siwon grimace at the thought of the questions, continues with a heavy heart, “He was kidnapped before even though he was returned after two hours. The kidnapper though did not torture him nor was he hurt, and Minho was returned back without any traumatic experience but my uncle couldn’t take the thought of losing his son again and probably made the decision there and then. But what we couldn’t comprehend is, why no bodyguards or a caretaker and why to Japan. But after seeing them today, I kinda figured out why.”

 

Siwon sits up with a more lighthearted expression and continued his story with a lighter tone, “So, anyways he did mention that he grew up with Amber in Japan and they have been a pair of Siamese twins ever since.” He then further explained the duo’s relationship with the third guy who rejected Amber and how Minho had the nerdy getup.

 

The night continues as people wasting themselves away and dancing like no tomorrow. The music change and the tempo slows down turning the whole place into a lounge bar. Lovers dancing in rhythm to the slow music and people starts moving to the cocktail tables for a drink or two. Amber and Minho still glued together decides to head into the gardens for a breathier after having their fair share of food. The two had always loved food when they were still schooling together back in Japan and often had their food adventures touring the whole island just satisfy the cravings.

 

The two takes a seat at a garden bench and Minho let out a sigh. “Amber, you know when I found out you left for Korea, its almost as if the world came crashing down on me. Then your samchon gave me a call and told me he arranged for you to go back to Korea.”

 

“Like I’ve said, I didn’t mean to. He wants me to turn into a lady. How is that even possible? I just don’t feel comfortable at the idea.”

 

“Well, its time you moved on from Kaname. Its not like he’s that worth it. I mean, you should know better than that. And let’s be honest, you weren’t that in love with him. You know that you love me more than you like him.”

 

“I had moved on. I just thought I’m more comfortable like this. You should know better.” Amber gives Minho a breathtaking smile before she turns her focus back to the glass of soda she has been holding on to.

 

“Alright, then I’ll support and do the same too. Let’s be nerds forever…” Minho softened his gaze at her before he stood up and reaching out his hands to her. “Let’s go. Rain samchon has assigned me here for a reason. Its summer! Let’s party for real!”


I'm sorry for taking forever to update. Honestly I'm suffering from severe writer's block and my english is getting from bad to worse. Sometime I don't even know if I'm making a coherant sentence or meaning to the story... When I started four years ago, I wasn't working. But ever since I started working, I really do not have the brain cells left to create any story. Pardon me if the next chapter takes a longer time than the usual AFF updates.