Misunderstandings can break your nose

Lazy Saturday

Misunderstandings can break your nose

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dad, can we eat pizza tonight?” Asks Yixing as he settles for the car ride.

 

Yifan adjust the rearview mirror and turns towards the backseat to put Jongin’s forgotten bunny in his lap. “You can’t eat regular pizza, kiddo.”

 

Yixing pouts. “I hate this.”

 

Yifan stretches his hand and pats Yixing’s head. “How about we make our own pizza for lunch tomorrow?” He offers and Yixing grins. “Ok, now buckle up.”

 

Yixing buckles his seatbelt as Junmyeon gets in the car after making sure all the windows and doors were locked.

 

“Ok, let’s just hope there isn’t any traffic,” he says with a smile. He checks Jongin’s seat as Yifan pulls out of the driveway.

 

The day is nice, there are no clouds in the sky and the weather report announced nothing but sun for the entire weekend. Yifan is excited.

 

“Will uncle Minseok and uncle Luhan be there when we get to the beach?” Yixing asks around a bite of his sandwich about an hour into the journey.

 

The trip lasts no more than an hour and a half but Junmyeon likes to pack juice boxes and sandwiches for them. He offers Yixing some juice to go along with the sandwich and Yixing takes it happily.

 

“Don’t speak with your mouth full, Xing,” he tells him and then, “they left last night after Minseok’s shift so they’ll be there.” He decides not to wake up Jongin to give him a bite to eat. He’ll give him something when they arrive.

 

Yixing drifts off a little after and Junmyeon leans into his seat as he alternates between looking at the boys, outside and at Yifan.

 

“What?” Yifan chuckles after Junmyeon doesn’t take his eyes off of him.

 

“Nothing,” he answers. “You’re just really hot.”

 

Yifan laughs loud enough to wake Jongin in the backseat. He covers his mouth but his smile doesn’t fade for the rest of the journey.

 

-

 

“We’ve been expecting you,” says Jongdae the minute Yifan parks the car in front of their beach house.

 

“Can we steal your kids for a bit?” Baekhyun asks as Jongdae goes right ahead and takes a sleepy Jongin from his car seat.

 

“Jongdae already stole Jongin so I guess Yixing’s all yours,” Yifan tells him as he ruffles Yixing’s hair and Yixing groans in response. “Bye, Xing.”

 

“You just sold me without a question,” Yixing accuses with a smile.

 

“We’ll miss you, son,” Junmyeon says grimly but ends up laughing all the same.

 

They see them run off towards the beach but not before Junmyeon passes Baekhyun a bottle of sunscreen urging him to please put it on everyone before staying under the sun for too long.

 

“You’re here!” They hear Minseok shout after a few minutes. “Let me help you get these things out of the car.” He lifts some grocery bags and Yifan leads them towards the house.

 

It’s an old home made of wood and stone. It has enough bedrooms for all of them and it’s only a few meters from the beach.

 

Luhan joins them not long after and helps sorting out the bags inside the house. “So, Jongdae took my kids a while ago,” he says conversationally.

 

“Mine too,” Yifan adds. “He can’t possibly be using them to pick up guys anymore because he’s with Baekhyun.” He remembers the time Jongdae took a baby Yixing to the mall and ended up with five extra names on his contact list.

 

“Can you believe little Jongdae is actually in a stable long term relationship?” Minseok wonders. “I still remember him being a scared little intern who didn’t know how to set up an IV drip.” He chuckles with Yifan as they get plates out for lunch.

 

“Leave they guy alone,” Luhan tells them. “He’s all grown up now.” He pretends to dry a tear from his eye and Junmyeon laughs as he pats Luhan’s back.

 

“He’s not the baby anymore,” says Junmyeon adding to the fake emotion show.

 

“He’ll always be the baby, an overgrown baby–“

 

“My spidey senses are tingling,” Jongdae interrupts Minseok’s statement. “Nice to know I’m thought of, even if it is as… a baby. Jongin would be jealous.”

 

They all laugh as they set to put everything together for lunch. “Where are the boys?” Asks Minseok. He and Luhan had brought over some burgers he was meant to prepare out in the grill so heads to the patio and starts the whole process.

 

The patio has a perfect view of the ocean and as Junmyeon steps out to help Minseok he can see the boys playing football with Baekhyun and two other people.

 

“They’re over there with Baek and two of his friends, Chanyeol and Jinri,” Jongdae explains before Junmyeon can ask. “They are staying at Jinri’s parents house a few houses down.”

 

“Are they coming over for lunch?” Luhan asks him.

 

“Ah, yes, that’s what I wanted to ask.” He looks at everyone with a pleading smile.

 

Yifan goes over to where Jongdae stands and pats his head. “And you say you’re not the baby,” he chuckles.

 

Junmyeon tells him it’s ok and Luhan just laughs. Minseok coos at him while Jongdae tries to punch him with Jongin’s plastic sand toys.

 

Yifan, in the meantime, goes over to the beach where all the boys are done playing and are sprawled all over the place doing other things. Jongin sees him walking over and runs to him dragging who he assumes is Chanyeol by the arm, while yelling “Daddy!”

 

“Hey, big boy. How was the game?” He asks him as he lifts him up in his arms and dust off a bit of sand from his face.

 

“I didn’t play because Chanyeol was showing me his thing! He even let me touch it!” He says excitedly.

 

Yifan lifts his eyes too see what was a happy looking Chanyeol two seconds ago lift his arms in alarm and scream: “My guitar! He means my guitar!”

 

Yifan, who was two seconds away from breaking Chanyeol’s face, takes a deep breath. “Did he let you play his guitar, sweetheart?” he asks Jongin sweetly.

 

“Yeah! And he even played a song he wrote for his girlfriend,” Jongin tells him as he points at the instrument laying a few meters away from them. “But, Daddy I’m hungry now, when will lunch be ready?”

 

“Go ask your uncle Minseok, baby.” He puts Jongin down and he scurries off screaming for uncle Minseok. He sure switched from the sleepy little boy to this bundle of energy. But, then again, no one loves being under the sun as much as Jongin.

 

When he’s out of sight, Yifan stares at Chanyeol judgingly. He seems to be around Baekhyun’s age or maybe Jongdae’s, he’s not sure. “Where are you from?” He asks.

 

“The city,” Chanyeol answers looking nervous. Good, Yifan thinks.

 

“What do you do for a living?” He sees Sehun and Zitao playing football with a tall girl that he assumes is Jinri. She’s actually very good.

 

“I’m a singer songwriter but I usually sell my songs, and I teach at the school for the after school music program,” he explains as he fixes his posture and his hair.

 

“How long have you known Baekhyun?” He also notices Yixing playing with Baekhyun near the water and remembers his first intention was to call Yixing to take his pills. They look like they’re having fun, though. He would hate to interrupt but Yixing can’t skip his medicine.

 

“Why do I feel like I’m having a job interview? I’m even sweating like I’m in one,” Chanyeol mutters and Yifan gives him a stern look.

 

“I’m just messing with you, kid,” he laughs loudly before seriousness takes over his face once again. “Don’t ever do that to me again, I could have broken your nose.”

 

“I won’t,” Chanyeol laughs nervously as Yifan pats him in the back.

 

 “Don’t forget lunch at my place,” he adds. Chanyeol relaxes a bit and starts chuckling as he heads towards Jinri.

 

“What did you do to him,” Junmyeon asks him when he comes over to Yifan’s side. “He looked like he was about to pee himself.”

 

“Jongin can tell you later,” he tells him as starts walking again with Junmyeon following. Sehun sees him approaching then, and runs to Yifan’s arms. As he did with Jongin, Yifan picks him up in his arms as Sehun gives him a warm hug. “You’re getting so big, buddy.”

 

“Uncle Yifan! Come play with us. Jinri is really good,” he says.

 

Zitao decides to join them, hugging Junmyeon with all he’s got. “Uncle Junmyeon, I learned a new routine in Wushu class last week! Want to see it?” Without waiting for Junmyeon’s answer, he starts the routine throwing his arms and legs all over the place as Junmyeon watches lovingly.

 

Sehun shimmies away from Yifan’s hold and takes his arm to drag him to the improvised football field they set up with toys, hoodies and backpacks.

 

He always forgets that even though Sehun and Zitao look like angels, they are actually two little unstoppable whirlwinds. He doesn’t know how Luhan and Minseok do it. You couldn’t get Jongin to stop napping and Yixing is more of a reader, but Yifan wouldn’t trade Sehun and Zitao for anyone. They are as much a part of his family as his husband and his own kids.

 

As he’s being pulled away from Junmyeon’s presence, he can see Jongin coming back with a cooked hot dog to settle next to Junmyeon to watch Zitao. Junmyeon leans towards Jongin to ask him something and his face turns from a pleasant smile into a look of horror as he screams: “HE DID WHAT!”

 

 

 

 

 

-

a/n: The beach fun isn't over! I have one or two more chapters planned for this arc. Oh god what happened to random drabbles orz. I hope you enjoy~~

Again, I can't thank you enough for reading, subscribing and commeting. It really means a lot to me <3