Going full circle

Lazy Saturday

Going full circle

 

 

 

 

It’s already 9pm when Yifan and Junmyeon go pick up Jongin. He had stayed the night with Luhan, Minseok and their kids while Junmyeon and Yifan were with Yixing.

 

Thankfully, and to everyone’s relief, Yixing was cleared of anything serious through the tests Jongdae had determined necessary. Now, more calm and relaxed, Yifan and Junmyeon are driving a tired Yixing back home after they pick up their youngest.

 

Yifan is the one to leave the car and head to the front door of their friends’ home. Junmyeon stays with Yixing in the backseat as he sleeps in his Appa’s lap.

 

“Hey, Yifan. How did everything go?” Minseok asks while he opens the door before Yifan gets a chance to knock. Minseok had left the hospital at the end of his shift after Yifan had practically kicked him out saying he should go to Luhan and the boys and that they’d be around to pick up Jongin soon.

 

“Hey. It went well, actually. Jongdae was pleased and he said he’d have a full report on Monday. But he’s fine,” Kris breathes deeply. “He’s fine.”

 

He can’t help the smile that settles on his face.

 

“I’m glad,” Minseok mimics the grin. “Jongin fell asleep about an hour ago. Poor thing was running up and down all day with the boys, he was beat.”

 

Yifan laughs. “Is he in the boys’ room?”

 

“Yeah, you know where it is, I’ll go pick up his stuff.”

 

Yifan goes up the stairs while Minseok heads to the living room to get Jongin’s bag.

 

He runs into Luhan on the hallway with a sleeping Sehun on his arms. “Oh, hey, I thought I heard your voice,” he smiles.

 

“Out already?” Yifan ruffles Sehun’s hair tenderly.

 

“You should have seen them today, I think they got high on something,” Luhan chuckles. He leads the way to the boys’ room and Yifan follows.

 

The room is surprisingly tidy for two young kids but Yifan guesses that’s Minseok teaching. Luhan settles Sehun on his bed and Yifan can see Zitao reading on the bed on the other side. Zitao’s bed has another smaller one right beneath his and that’s where Jongin is currently sleeping, teddy bear nicely placed next to him.

 

“Hey, buddy,” Yifan greets him in a whisper.

 

“Hey, uncle Yifan,” Zitao smiles tiredly.

 

“Was he too much trouble?” Yifan asks as he takes the cover from his body and lifts him to his shoulders carefully so as to not wake him up.

 

Zitao shakes his head with a big smile on his face and Yifan ruffles his head.

 

“This is Jongin we’re talking about. He’s as much of a trouble as a stuffed animal. You got a great kid there, Yifan,” Luhan says, patting Yifan’s shoulder.

 

“I guess so,” Yifan replies.

 

“How’s Xing? Did everything go ok today?”

 

“Yeah, he’s gonna be fine.” For the first time in weeks Yifan is now certain that the sentence is true and it’s like a breath of fresh air. “See you guys tomorrow night?”

 

“Yeah,” Luhan answers. “Tell Yixing I said hi and to never do anything like this ever again I’m too young to get grey hairs out of stress.”

 

Yifan laughs and pats him on the back. “Bye, Lu. Bye, Tao.”

 

-

 

Junmyeon’s last class of the day is nearing an end when he gets a text from Yifan saying Jongdae would come that night for dinner. He looks at his students and spots Baekhyun very focused doing the assignment for the class that day. He texts back saying he’s excited to finally get an official introduction.

 

“Ok, assignments on my desks and out the door, I don’t want to see your faces until Monday,” Junmyeon jokes while the students laughs and hurry to his side of the room to hand in paper after paper.

 

“Mr. Byun,” he calls before the students leave. Everyone else had already scattered fairly quickly, Friday night nearing and parties being organized.

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim,” he answers nervously. Joonmyun waits until everyone is out of the classroom and smiles at Baekhyun.

 

“Need a ride to school? I’m picking up my kids,” he offers.

 

Baekhyun seems taken aback for a second before smiling back. “That would be great, actually.”

 

They talk some on the way, Baekhyun asking about Yixing and Junmyeon telling him all they had found out the previous day.

 

“That’s really good news, I was kinda worried,” Baekhyun adds.

 

“Jongdae is a really good doctor,” Junmyeon says.

 

“He is,” Baekhyun agrees and Junmyeon can see the faint blush on Baekhyun’s cheeks.

 

When they get to school, Baekhyun thanks Junmyeon for the ride. They head to the front doors together and Junmyeon stretches his hand towards Baekhyun for a handshake.

 

“I should thank you, really, for everything you’ve done for Yixing, and in a way, for Jongdae.”

 

Baekhyun just smiles, “I don’t think I did much. I’m just glad everyone seems happy.”

 

Junmyeon laughs. “I hope to see you tonight? We’re having chicken something something that Yifan’s mother used to make when he was young.”

 

“We’ll be there,” Baekhyun answers with a grin. “Can’t wait.”

 

-

 

“Kids!” Junmyeon calls from the kitchen. It’s Friday afternoon and Junmyeon has everything ready for dinner. The guests should be here any minute now. “Are you ready?”

 

Yixing is the first to come down. “What is it, Appa?” The boy asks.

 

“Did you clean your room? You know how Sehun’s allergies act up around dust,” Junmyeon warns him. Last time he’d had Sehun for the afternoon, he’d ended up having an asthma attack after grabbing a dusty old teddy bear from Yixing’s bedroom, so now Junmyeon made sure to clean up meticulously for his visits. He doesn’t want to live through something like that ever again.

 

“Dad helped me vacuum the bedroom,” Yixing tells him. Junmyeon pats him on the bum before telling him to go get Jongin and make him brush his teeth.

 

“Minseok called me saying they’re on their way,” Yifan says walking into the kitchen. “He’s bringing that dessert you love so much.”

 

“The strawberry mousse?” Junmyeon’s mouth waters just thinking about it.

 

“That one,” Yifan smiles as he leans in for a kiss.

 

A knock on the door pulls them out of the moment and Yifan goes to the door to answer it. Jongdae and Baekhyun enter the house carrying wine and presents for the kids.

 

“Baek’s idea,” Jongdae confesses and Baekhyun hits him in the arm.

 

“So is this the famous Baekhyun Yixing can’t shut up about?” Yifan asks. “Jun, come here!”

 

“Hey! You guys made it!” Junmyeon greets the guests as they go into the living room. “Kids, get your butts over here!”

 

After the boys greets the guests Jongdae finally introduces his new boyfriend that’s not actually very new. “Baek, these are my dear friends Yifan and Junmyeon and their boys Yixing and Jongdae,” Jongdae says.

 

“It was about goddamn time,” Luhan says as he helps himself inside the house carrying the dessert he’d promised and another bottle of wine.

 

“Let’s make Luhan put a 20 on the naughty jar, shall we?” Minseok hits Luhan in the arm before making his way inside with Sehun on his back and Zitao clinging to his leg. “I’m a tree today apparently,” he explains.

 

The boys laugh as Luhan peels them off they Appa.

 

“These are Luhan and Minseok and Zitao and Sehun, their sons,” Jongdae tells Baekhyun smiling.

 

“I’m Sehun!” the boy half shouts.

 

“I’m Zitao, but you can call me Tao,” he smiles sweetly.

 

“Hey! I’ve seen you guys around the school. You guys are friends with Kyungsoo, right?”

 

“Yeah,” Zitao answers. “Kyungsoo is really nice and her sister has a crush on Yixing!”

 

“Yixing and Soojung sitting on a tree-“ Sehun is cut off by Yixing hand on his mouth.

 

“Oh,” Junmyeon and Yifan blurt at the same time.

 

“Sehun and Tao are not feeling very well,” Yixing says while he blushes furiously. “I’ll take them to my room and make sure they’re alright.” He grabs the boys’ arms and takes them up the stairs in a hurry.

 

“Xing, please don’t maul them I need them to take care of me when I’m old and smelly,” Luhan yells after them.

 

“No blood on the carpet, please,” Minseok adds.

 

“Thank god we hid the knives, dear,” Junmyeon tells Yifan.

 

“Shall we open up a bottle or five?” Jongdae asks.

 

Baekhyun just looks at them not knowing what to say before he starts laughing, “I think I’m gonna like it here.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

a/n: I'm so sorry to keep you guys waiting sobs but a lot of stuff happened all at once and I had no time to write this chapter. I'm really sorry if it seems rushed but I just wanted to post something for keeping you waiting for so long. I hope you enjoy! Btw I'm not certain this is the end, I might have a few more chapters posted in the near future~