Lazy Saturday

Lazy Saturday

Lazy saturday

 

 

 

 

 

When Yifan was a teenager he never saw himself as person who would ever settle down. He was never fond of the idea of owning a van and a house on the suburbs with a white picket fence. That was until he met Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon was like a breath of fresh air in his busy yet unamusing life. He came in, and swept Yifan off his feet without even trying. And now here he is, living in the suburbs, in a house with a white picket fence. No van though, Yifan has standards.

 

“Did you get the kids to bed?” asks Junmyeon clearly exhausted. He has dark circles under his eyes and Yifan wants nothing but to kiss them away.

 

“I did. The little devils were high on something, I swear,” Yifan answers standing up from where he was lying on the bed and reaching Junmyeon’s hand to pull him to his side.

 

“Maybe you shouldn’t have given them sugar so late in the afternoon, you know how they get.”

 

“Yeah, but you should have seen their faces when they asked me for ice cream.”

 

“You’re such a softie, your face is so freaking deceiving.”

 

Yifan takes the chance to lie on top of Junmyeon and the man answers with a grunt feeling the weight of his husband. “You still love my face.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

They fall asleep easily, lulled by their quiet breathing, warm bodies pressed next to each other in a too big bed.

 

-

 

“Daddy,” Yifan hears a voice very near his face. He sighs inwardly because it’s a Saturday and it’s probably too early in the morning for anything. He crooks open one eye and sees a small face covered in messy, soft, black hair. He looks to his side to see Junmyeon’s side of the bed is empty but warm.

 

“Jongin, baby, why are you up so early?” He asks his youngest boy. Jongin was the latest addition to the family having spent nearly a year trying to bring him home at the age of two. He warmed up nicely to his parents and his older brother and by the second week, he was just one more of the bunch.

 

“Appa is making pancakes and said to wake you and Yixing hyung up to help him.”

 

“Good luck trying to wake Yixing up at,” he looks at the clock on his nightstand, “8am on a Saturday.” He groans loudly.

 

He picks Jongin up easily and walks to the kitchen. He kisses Junmyeon good morning and sits Jongin on the table.

“Did you wake Yixing up?” Junmyeon asks, hands covered in flour.

 

“I was kinda hoping you would do that,” Kris responds while putting the already used ingredients away in the cabinets.

 

“I’m a little busy here, though.”

 

“I’ll go wake him!” Jongin half yells from the chair he hops off of and runs towards the bedrooms.

 

“Go make sure Yixing doesn’t kill him.”

 

Kris chuckles and kisses Junmyeon’s cheek before trailing after two small feet down the hall.

 

Yixing became a part of the family when he was only a few months old. He was never a trouble child, having learned from his parents from a very young age to be polite and patient, and Yifan and Junmyeon couldn’t be more proud of his son. Now at twelve, and on the verge of a new stage in life, his personality was becoming alive.

 

When Yifan gets to Yixing’s door he sees Jongin jumping up and down on the bed and Yixing complaining beneath him. He attempts to grab his younger brother but Yifan gets to Jongin first and lifts him up on his arms. “Good morning sleepy face, appa is making pancakes now get your to the kitchen.”

 

“I’m not hungry,” Yixing says under the covers.

 

“No excuses, princess.”

 

“Fine.” Yixing begrudgingly gets up and heads to where Junmyeon is finishing breakfast.

 

-

 

They day is spent lazily since Yifan doesn’t have a shift and Junmyeon already planned all of his classes for the week.

 

They are watching a movie on the family room with Jongin and Yixing when the youngest boy falls asleep on Yixing’s lap, having sat there when the movie started.

 

“I should take a picture don’t you think?” Yifan asks from his position on the couch. Junmyeon is sat right next him curled up under Yifan’s arm.

 

“I think if you do, mister grumpy pants here will probably break the camera in half,” Junmyeon jokes and Yixing looks at him with a mix between a frown and a smile.

 

Yifan laughs too loud and it wakes Jongin who rubs the sleep from his eyes cutely. Junmyeon takes him from Yixing’s lap at the sight.

 

Yixing gets up suddenly heading to the kitchen and Yifan follows him with the intent of bringing more refreshments. They both get back with juice and snacks and settle on the couch together, although Yixing makes sure to express his disgust at both his parents cuddling with him. Jongin is awake enough to watch the rest of the movie and Junmyeon curls under Yifan’s arm again with Jongin and Yixing sitting comfortably between them both.

 

Yixing doesn’t complain again.