​Bunnies will never hurt you

Lazy Saturday

Bunnies will never hurt you

 

 

 

 

He wakes up with the sunrays hitting him straight in the face. He groans as he attempts to lose his husband’s hold on his waist. “What time is it?” He asks out loud as he hears Yifan waking up. “Holy crap, it’s almost eight!”

 

He jumps out of bed and heads to the bathroom after carelessly picking his wardrobe for the day. “Go wake up the boys,” he says to Yifan before closing the bathroom door.

 

After taking a quick shower and quickly try to organize his bedroom (he quits after two minutes, cleaning isn’t really his thing) he goes to the kitchen to make the boys’ lunches.

 

“Hey baby,” he greets Jongin with a kiss.

 

“Daddy, did you remember to buy bunny food?” The youngest asks as he takes a bite of the toast Yifan places on his plate.

 

“Bunny food? Sweetie, you do know your bunny doesn’t eat actual food, right?” He kisses Yifan to thank him for breakfast before the taller man runs to the bathroom to get ready.

 

“Not for my bunny, Daddy, for Bo! Bo the bunny from my class! It’s my turn to bring him home this weekend,” he grins and jumps excitedly in his seat.

 

“Did you forget about the thing coming over this weekend?” Yixing asks as he sits down at the table and starts eating breakfast. He looks fresh out of the shower and Junmyeon wants to comb his hair really bad but knows his oldest son won’t be happy if he does that.

 

“It’s not a thing! It’s a bunny!” Jongin claims with a frown directed at his brother.

 

Yixing snorts while pouring some orange juice for himself. “It’s a monster, it’s bigger than your head.”

 

“Daddy!”

 

“Xing, please,” Junmyeon warns with a look.

 

“Sorry, but the thing’s huge. How are you gonna take care of it?”

 

Junmyeon sighs as he gulps his already cold coffee. He was supposed to help out Luhan with Zitao’s birthday party this weekend, and taking care of a ginormous bunny wasn’t exactly in his plans. How could he have forgotten?

 

He helps Jongin with his breakfast as he tells Yixing to hurry up and get ready for school. “We’re super late, sweetheart, so hurry.”

 

“Are we ready?” Yifan says, entering the kitchen and shoving half a toast inside his mouth.

 

“Give me a minute, I need to get Jongin ready,” Junmyeon tells him, picking up said boy from his chair. “Can you get his things and make sure Yixing’s ready?”

 

They both go inside, Junmyeon helping Jongin brush his teeth and combing his hair while he hears Yifan telling Yixing to go wait in the car.

 

“Ok! Let’s go,” he says as he closes the car door after buckling Jongin in his booster seat.

 

-

 

The second he steps foot in campus, he lets out a breath he’d been holding since he woke up that morning. Or at least partially, since he still needed to worry about getting bunny food and figure out where he was going to put the animal.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yifan had said when he parked outside the hospital. He had a 36hr shift and wasn’t going to be able to help Junmyeon figure out things until he came back the next day. “I promise I’ll take care of the bunny when I come back.”

 

And Junmyeon was going to make sure he lived up to his word. He’s not exactly an animal lover.

 

His class goes by fast enough and he’s leaving the university campus before he can think about what he’s going to do.

 

He runs into Baekhyun who gives him a pat in the back and tells him not to kill the poor thing before its time.

 

Luhan calls him when he drives to town to find a pet store that sells animal food or something. He doesn’t want to be responsible for the death of a pre-k class bunny.

 

“Do you know where I can get bunny food?” He says instead of greeting his friend.

 

“Hello to you too,” Luhan answers back. “You got the bunny this weekend, huh?”

 

“Did you get the bunny too? How old is this thing?” Junmyeon parks at the supermarket before he gets a ticket for being on his cellphone while driving. If Yifan had seen him he’d probably throw him a nasty look.

 

“Not the bunny, but last year, Sehun’s kindergarten class had a guinea pig,” he explains. “That weekend so much. Minseok had to clean the cage twice because the thing pooped like every two seconds while I tried to keep the boys from strangling the thing. It was wonderful.”

 

“I feel the encouragement,” Junmyeon jokes.

 

Luhan laughs loudly from the other line. “Don’t worry about it, it’ll go by faster than you think. Wait, does that mean you’re bringing the thing to Zitao’s birthday party? The kids would be thrilled!”

 

“I was about to ask you that actually. I think, knowing Jongin, he wouldn’t want to leave the bunny at home.”

 

“You can bring him… or her? Whatever, bring it over and we’ll leave it in the yard while the kids run around.”

 

“Thanks, Lu. By the way, do you where I can get some animal food?”

 

Luhan ends up explaining where to buy everything and Junmyeon has to promise to not get stressed over a bunny and be at his place before lunch the next day with the boys and the bunny.

 

When Junmyeon has bought everything he needs, he heads to the school to pick up his kids and the animal.

 

He walks to Jongin’s class after the bell signaling the classes are over rings and the teacher, Ms. Kelly, gives him step-by-step instructions on how to feed the bunny and clean cage.

 

“He’s very calm and will probably cause you no problems, just don’t let anyone feed him anything that isn’t bunny food or vegetables,” she warns. She tells Jongin to go get his things as she leans into Junmyeon and whispers, “a boy once fed the bunny candy and we had to get a replacement, if you know what I mean. The kids don’t know.”

 

Junmyeon nods, surprised at the information the teacher gave him. “No candy, then. I promise.”

 

They say their goodbyes and head to the car, bunny in tow.

 

“It smells,” Yixing complains as he plugs his nose with his fingers. Jongin seems to pay no mind to the smell and is nearly hugging the cage in the backseat. “This weekend will .”

 

It ends up not at all, actually.

 

Yixing warms up to the ball of fur in no time and Junmyeon only has to clean the cage once, well, Yifan, who comes home and smiles like an idiot when he sees Jongin hugging the bunny as he naps, does it and Junmyeon just stares as the taller man throws the crazy amounts of poop into the trash.

 

Zitao’s birthday party goes smoothly and the kids are all delighted with the animal. They are so happy, in fact, that Sehun and Zitao end up asking Minseok for one for themselves. “We want a bunny, Appa!”

 

“No, no, no, no, no,” Minseok answers as he clears the plastic cups from the table. “Remember that poor goldfish you both fed to death?”

 

“Baba!” They choir as they direct their request to Luhan.

 

And, as Junmyeon knew would happen, Minseok caves when his boys, at Luhan’s insistence, make him a big colorful card promising to take care of the bunny and not feed it more than they have to.

 

Later, Junmyeon gives Zitao a big birthday hug as Yifan presents him with his present. They leave way later than any of the other guests, Minseok convincing them to stay with a good wine and Luhan offering the leftover cupcakes. Yifan can’t say no to cupcakes.

 

“Don’t let the bunny die!” Luhan shouts, waving goodbye from the front porch as Junmyeon backs up into the street.

 

Sunday greets them with rain so they stay in and have breakfast in bed while watching a family movie. Yifan falls asleep with Jongin nearly lying on top of him, also sleeping and Yixing laughs quietly at the shenanigans going on in the screen.

 

They get up late, have a late lunch, and laze around during the afternoon while Yixing finishes his homework and Jongin stares at the cage with a sleeping bunny, more often than not napping by his side.

 

When Monday comes, Junmyeon is more than happy to give the animal back.

 

“Take it and don’t let Jongin sign up for this ever again,” he tells Yifan before he drops off the boys at school.”

 

“I will,” he promises. He kisses Junmyeon sweetly on the lips and smiles at him. “You’re a pretty awesome Dad, did you know that?”

 

“Shut up.” He’d be lying if he said he wasn’t blushing but Yifan still has that effect on him. He punches his husband in the chest before turning around and kissing Jongin and Yixing goodbye.

 

He had a good weekend, that’s for sure, but he thanks heavens he doesn’t have to watch over any more animals.

 

 

 

-

a/n: It's been a while! I hope you guys like this update ^^ Thank you so much for subscribing, reading and/or commenting even though I'm a less than adequate writer. Over 10k views and almost 400 subs, though, omfg, you guys are amazing!! <3