Quiet afternoons

Lazy Saturday

Quiet afternoons

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m hungry,” Junmyeon complains as he runs his fingers through Yifan’s hair.

 

Yifan is sprayed across the couch with his head on Junmyeon’s lap. Junmyeon knows he likes to be pampered from time to time, especially on lazy afternoons like this one.

 

“We can order some take out,” Yifan offers. He has his eyes closed and his arms crossed on his chest. Junmyeon can see the splotches of color on his forearms from when he was coloring with Jongin earlier in the day. Now, Jongin was taking his nap while Yixing slept off the remnants of his flu (his fever had broken yesterday afternoon, so now Junmyeon breathed a little easier.)

 

“How about we order from that Indian place? I’ve been craving samosas since last week,” Junmyeon says, not really paying attention to the movie on the television, it was just background noise.

 

“That sounds good. We still have last nights leftovers for Jongin’s dinner.” Yifan sighs contentedly and opens his eyes to look up at Junmyeon. He smiles as he stretches his arm to caress his husband’s cheek. “There’s even some for Yixing if he feels like eating.”

 

“We should make him eat anyways,” Junmyeon says and Yifan nods tiredly. It had been a nerve-wracking couple of days. They didn’t know if anyone else would get sick or if they would end up at the ER with a too sick Yixing, but Yifan didn’t disappoint and made sure Yixing stayed hydrated and comfortable. There’s not much more you can do in these kinds of situations but Junmyeon is just glad it’s over.

 

“Luhan called earlier and said Sehun was doing great,” Yifan comments as he closes his eyes again when Junmyeon takes his hand in his own to keep it on his cheek. “No one else got sick at their place but apparently Baekhyun came down with it today.”

 

“I should call him. Maybe I’ll bring him something, you know how busy Jongdae is.”

 

Yifan sits up and kisses Junmyeon lightly on the lips. “That’s sounds like a good idea.”

 

“Daddy,” he hears a voice coming form the hallway and they both look at the door where two small socked feet enter the room. “Daddy, I’m thirsty.”

 

Jongin walks up to the couch, and Junmyeon lifts him up to place him on his lap. The boy instantly curls into his Appa as Junmyeon clears his face from his dark locks. “Want some juice or some water?”

 

“Is there apple juice?”

 

“I’ll get it for you, baby,” Yifan says as he kisses Jongin’s forehead and heads to the kitchen.

 

“Appa, is Yixing hyung better?” He looks at Junmyeon with his big brown eyes.

 

“He is, though he won’t be going to school tomorrow, so it’s gonna be just you.”

 

Jongin nods sadly and Junmyeon just holds him closer. He takes the remote and changes the channel to one of Jongin’s favorite shows to distract him.

 

“Here you go, baby,” Yifan says as he gives Jongin his green sippy cup. He leaves an extra glass of juice on the coffee table as he leaves the room again only to comeback with a messy haired Yixing. He sits him between himself and Junmyeon and Yixing’s head falls instinctively on his Dad’s shoulder. “Drink up, Xing.”

 

Yixing listens to his Dad as he focuses his eyes on the television. Yifan places his arms around his older boys’ shoulders and kisses the top of his head.

 

“How are you feeling, sweetheart?” Junmyeon asks him when Yixing places the glass back on the coffee table.

 

“Better,” he smiles as his Appa fixes his hair. “I’m sorry I ruined the weekend.”

 

“You didn’t ruin anything, baby, these things are unpredictable,” Yifan corrects him. He squeezes his arm in reassurance.

 

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Xing. Now, I remember your Dad definitely ruining our second date when he ate a two week old breakfast burrito and throwing up all over my shoes,” Junmyeon mocks.

 

Yixing chuckles as he looks at his sheepish Dad. “I was a desperate med student, I ate whatever you put in front of me. You should blame Minseok for that one.” Yifan attempts to keep a hurt look but he ends up smiling anyway. It’s a funny story now but Junmyeon remembers how guilty Yifan felt for ruining his shoes and their date. He had come back, a week later, with chocolates and concert tickets to his favorite musician as an apology. But Junmyeon’s heart was already his by their first date with Yifan’s gummy smile and nerdy sense of humor, a complete 180º change from what he actually conveyed at first glance. He was a goner by the first hour.

 

“It was cute how embarrassed he was,” Junmyeon tells his oldest son and Yixing just laughs.

 

They settle into a comfortable silence only interrupted by Jongin’s giggles whenever he saw something funny on the TV. Yixing dozes off on Yifan’s shoulder after a while, his body still tired from fighting the flu bug and Yifan picks him up and carries him back to his room. Junmyeon would wake him up later for him to eat something.

 

“Daddy, can we go back to the beach soon? I want to play in the water with Taozi and Sehunnie more and Uncle Luhan and Uncle Minseok were going to teach me how to play football,” Jongin says not taking his eyes away from his cartoons.

 

“We’ll have to see when Daddy and Uncle Minseok have a weekend off at the same time, but I’m sure it’s gonna be soon, baby.”

 

“What’s gonna be soon?” Yifan asks when he gets back.

 

Jongin jumps into his Dad’s lap with a broad smile. “Appa says we can go back to the beach to play with Zitao and Sehun and to learn football with Uncle Minseok and Uncle Luhan!” Jongin nearly shouts in excitement.

 

“Whoa, buddy,” Yifan laughs as he catches him. “I’m sure we can do that.” He looks at Junmyeon as Jongin grabs his Dad’s cheeks and starts playing with them. “Minseok and I have a weekend off together next month.” Junmyeon chuckles as Yifan attempts to calm Jongin down and get him to stop rearranging his face.

 

“Daddy, I want to play football with Uncle Minseok and Uncle Luhan!”

 

“I think since neither Sehun nor Zitao like football they’re trying to get Jongin to like it,” Junmyeon half whispers to Yifan. “They’re gonna turn him into a football monster like them and he’ll end up being just as crazy during games.”

 

“I have no doubts that that’s their plan,” Yifan says. “We’re so doomed.”

 

It’s funny how Jongin can go from a quiet, shy little boy to a bundle of energy with just the right words. Junmyeon thinks that at least if he becomes a football fanatic, he’ll have his uncles to rely on because he can’t understand what’s so fun about running after a ball.

 

 

 

 

 

-

a/n: Sorry it took me so long to update but I had no inspiration orz. I hope you guys like this chapter! <3