Sun & clouds

Lazy Saturday

Sun & clouds

 

 

 

 

 

The day goes on without a glitch. They play in the water and enjoy the sun under a few dozen layers of sunscreen. Minseok is very adamant on putting sunscreen on everyone, walking around with a bottle everywhere he goes. The boys’ tired themselves out and the grown ups are thankful they’ll fall right asleep when they leave.

 

In the afternoon, when they go inside the house to get a few snacks, they get a visit from a pretty girl Yixing runs to say hello to. Junmyeon knows who she is the minute he sees her and tries not to look over very much so as to not invade Yixing’s privacy. God knows he hated it when his parents did that.

 

“She’s really pretty,” he whispers to a smiley Yifan.

 

“She is,” Yifan agrees. “Let’s just hope they don’t fast forward into anything, they’re only kids.”

 

It all just suddenly dawns on Junmyeon that Yixing is almost a teenager. “Oh god, my baby is growing up,” Junmyeon says as he grabs his face with his hands. Yifan takes them into his own and laughs.

 

“He’s fine. Soojung is a nice girl.” He kisses Junmyeon lightly before going over to greet Yunho who he sees walking to the house from the beach.

 

Junmyeon thinks about how Yixing was just a little smiley kid that adored to be cuddled just a few years ago. He sighs as he takes some cookies from the cupboard to take over to their spot under the sunshade.

 

“Mr. Kim?” he hears a tiny voice from behind him. He turns around to see a little boy with big eyes he imagines is Kyungsoo staring at him. “Can Yixing hyung come over for dinner?” He sees Soojung standing right behind him with a hopeful smile.

 

“Did you ask your Dad if Yixing could go over?” He asks them as they both nod eagerly.

 

“Daddy said it’s a pleasure and that Mom could make dinner that Yixing would have no problem eating,” Soojung assures him.

 

When he looks at Yixing, standing next to Yifan with Yunho, glancing every now and then at Soojung, he feels like saying no would be just plain mean. “Ok, if Yixing’s Dad agrees too, then I see no problem,” he smiles as he sees Kyungsoo and Soojung break into the most beautiful smiles he’s ever seen. Not counting his own kids or Sehun and Zitao.

 

He chuckles to himself as he heads to Yifan’s side in the patio. He greets Yunho and asks him if it’s fine that Yixing goes over for dinner to which he answers with a smile, “Soojung and Kyungsoo are very keen on having him over and I see no reason why he shouldn’t really.”

 

“You know that Yixing can’t–“

 

Yunho interrupts Yifan with a pat on the shoulder. “My wife is a nutritionist. Soojung made her well aware of Yixing’s needs. Don’t worry, guys. He’ll be fine.”

 

The three kids are all outside waiting for Yunho as he says goodbye to Junmyeon and Yifan promising to bring Yixing back in one piece. Junmyeon smiles as they all walk, Yixing sneakily grabbing Soojung’s hand on the way. He all but burst out crying right then and there.

 

“Where’s Jongin?” Yifan asks when Yunho is gone and the house sounds empty.

 

“He’s out in the water with Minseok. Why?” Junmyeon asks while trying to settle down his sudden spurt of emotions at watching his baby grow older before his eyes.

 

Yifan barely waits for an answer as he wraps his hands around Junmyeon’s waist and kisses him. He smiles into the kiss when Junmyeon circles his shoulders with his arms. “Can we keep Jongin a little boy forever? I don’t think I can deal with girlfriends or scary overprotective dads for long,” he chuckles.

 

“Oh, don’t I wish,” he answers as he kisses Yifan again.

 

They spend the rest of the afternoon out in the beach with Luhan and Minseok while watching the three boys play in the sand. Jongdae had disappeared with Baekhyun a while earlier claiming dinner reservations and Chanyeol had taken Jinri to the fair on the town.

 

They are settled in their spot on the sand when the sun starts to go down and the people start to leave the beach one by one.

 

“So Xing has a girlfriend?” Minseok asks with a sleepy Sehun in his lap. He threads his fingers through the boy’s hair and it makes him close his eyes unwillingly, fighting sleep with all his might.

 

Luhan gasps as he starts putting away the boys’ toys in his bag. “But he’s a baby!”

 

“That’s what I said!” Junmyeon tells him. He has Jongin by his side burying his Dad’s feet in the sand between giggles and occasional rubbing of his drowsy eyes. “But he’s growing fast.”

 

“I still remember when I used to change his diapers,” Minseok reminisces. He stands up with a defeated Sehun in his arms. “You guys won’t ever grow up right,” he coos at the sleeping boy.

 

“But I want to be big like Yixing hyung,” Zitao claims with a yawn. Yifan picks him up from the towel he was wrapped in and Zitao nestles in his hold.

 

“You will be, kiddo. Don’t listen to these old men,” he jokes patting his back.

 

They pack up everything and say goodbye with a hug, promising to grab breakfast tomorrow at Minseok and Luhan’s. Yifan let’s Zitao fall into Luhan’s arms and they head to their homes after a fun and exhausting day.

 

-

 

Junmyeon wakes up with a small weight on top of him. He croaks open an eye only to see Jongin’s wide smile and he groans because it’s probably too early to do anything.

 

“What are you doing here, baby?” He asks in a sleepy voice. He can feel Yifan starting to wake up next to him.

 

“I’m not sleepy anymore,” he admits. Junmyeon places him between Yifan and him and cuddles for a while, not wanting to get up. Jongin doesn’t seem to protest so he takes it as his chance to catch up on some more sleep.

 

“What’s this bump doing between us, Junmyeon?” Yifan asks pretending not to see Jongin. “I thought we had gotten rid of all the bumps.” He starts tickling Jongin endlessly and the boy thrashes under the sheets.

 

“Daddy! Stop!” he manages to say between fits of laughter. Junmyeon gives up on sleeping.

 

He kisses them both after they’re done playing around and gets up with a groan. He goes over to the boys’ room to check on Yixing and sees he’s still fast asleep in his bed. He goes over, sits by his side and fixes his messy bangs with his hand.

 

“Appa? What time is it?” He asks as he wakes up. He smiles at Junmyeon and he can’t help but hug him and press him against his chest and he lies in the small bed.

 

“You won’t stop being my little boy, will you?” He can feel Yixing responding to the hug by wrapping his arms around him.

 

He chuckles at his Appa’s antics. “I’m gonna grow older, Appa.”

 

“No! You can’t!” He whines as Yixing laughter grows louder.

 

“Look at your crazy Appa, Jonginnie,” Yifan says from the doorframe supporting Jongin on his hip.

 

“Daddy and Appa are both crazy,” Jongin says as he takes Yifan cheeks between his hands and molding them to his will. It only makes Yifan laugh.

 

They end up lounging in bed for another hour after Jongin drags them all back to the master bedroom and orders them to stay put as he puts cartoons on the TV.

 

When Yifan finally opens the curtains to let some natural light into the room, Junmyeon and Yixing sprawled on the bed while Jongin watches the TV, he notices the dark angry clouds above. So much for a sunny long weekend.

 

“Well, I guess we’ll just send hate mail to the weatherman,” Yifan tells Junmyeon.

 

“We’ll just use today to go exploring around town,” he suggests as he gets up and starts picking out clothes for the day. “I saw a really nice store on the way over, I bet Luhan would love to go check it out.”

 

“Yeah, I guess.” He sighs before telling Yixing to go shower and to make his bed. He picks up Jongin and goes to find him clothes to wear.

 

“Think of it as a day to just do nothing,” Junmyeon tells him when he goes to give Jongin a kiss in the cheek. “Try and relax, baby. You’ve been working hard lately.”

 

“I’ll try,” he smiles. “Love you.”

 

“Me too. Now take this little over to change,” he tickles Jongin’s belly and rejoices in the cute giggles it brings.

 

 

 

 

 

-

a/n: I think I have one or two more chapters for this arc and then I'll have to find something else to write for this AU omg.

I'll update 'The Kid' soon, i haven't forgotten about it don't worry~ Also I'm working on two Xiuhan fics i'm real excited about but that's in the first stages still :)

Enjoy!! Thank you again for reading, commeting, upvoting and subscribing! I really appreciate it <33