Are we ready?

Lazy Saturday

Are we ready?

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Daddy, can I take my bunny with me?” Jongin asks while Yifan opens and closes drawers taking Jongin’s clothes and placing them inside a bag. He’s sitting on the floor next to the bag filled with his clothes and eyes them as his Dad throws item after item inside.

 

“Sure, baby. Just make sure you don’t forget it like you did your teddy,” Yifan answers. He zips up the bag as he walks and takes a small coat from the closet in the hallway as he heads towards the living room, small feet trailing after him.

 

“Daddy, did you pack my swimsuit?” the boy asks again. He takes a sit on the sofa to watch his Dad, who’s sitting on the floor by the coffee table, check the list he’s written on a notepad.

 

“Your swimsuit and your toys and everything, sweetheart.” He scratches his head with the pen thinking about things he might have forgotten.

 

It was Junmyeon’s idea to go down to the beach house for the long weekend. Luhan and Minseok had already made plans about going weeks ago and Junmyeon thought it would be nice to spend a weekend away with their friends. It has been a while since they all had been able to go together. Plus, Jongdae had just acquired a small cabin in the area and he was planning on going with Baekhyun to celebrate their anniversary. It all just came together effortlessly.

 

“Daddy, can we make smores while we’re there?” Jongin jumps off the sofa and sits right next to his Dad on the floor. “Daddy?” He pokes Yifan’s arm a little and then rests his head on his Dad’s arm.

 

“Yes, baby?” Yifan asks and Jongin pouts a little. He ruffles his son’s hair before placing a kiss on the top of his head. “I’m sorry, Jongin. Appa is buying everything we need right now with Yixing. They’ll bring the stuff we need to make smores, don’t worry.”

 

When he sees Jongin nod, he goes back to his list. He checks everything he’s already packed and leaves the notepad on the coffee table. He stills thinks he’s forgetting something but he’ll make sure to ask Junmyeon when he gets back.

 

“Daddy?” Jongin says in a barely audible tone.

 

“Tell me, buddy.” He looks at Jongin sitting next to him.

 

“If you’re not very busy now, can you help me find my other shoe?” He shows his feet to his Dad, one with a small converse sneaker and the other with just a Spiderman sock.

 

Yifan can’t help but laugh. “I’m all set here. Let’s go.”

 

-

 

After stuffing the trunk of the car with everything they need for the weekend and stopping at the gas station to fill the tank, Junmyeon and Yixing head home.

 

Junmyeon had a detailed list of what they needed (plus a few scribbles by Jongin telling him not to forget his favorite apple juice) to make sure they didn’t run out or forget anything while they are there. There’s a small market near the beach house but it’s usually overly expensive and Junmyeon won’t take nay chances.

 

Yifan had laughed at him when he showed him the list since he can barely keep his clothes in the closet but suddenly turns into an organizational machine when it comes to food they need. Junmyeon argued that since Yixing can’t simply eat anything, it was time to magically put the few organizational skills he possessed into action. His clothes, however, are still a mess.

 

“Soojung and Kyungsoo are going down to the beach for the weekend too,” Yixing says as he fiddles with his seatbelt.

 

“Really? Maybe we can have them over for lunch,” Junmyeon offers him and Yixing replies with a smile.

 

“Do you think Dad remembered to pack the tent?”

 

“We’ll ask him when we get there, but I’m sure he did.”

 

When they get home, they see all the bags ready to be carried to the car in the living room and Yifan with Jongin asleep in his lap sitting on the couch in the family room.

 

“No,” Junmyeon whines. “Why did you let him fall asleep?”

 

“He sat on my lap one minute while we watched some TV then the next he was nearly snoring,” Yifan laughs. “I’m sorry, I didn’t have the heart to wake him up.”

 

Junmyeon goes closer to the pair in the couch and pulls the hair from Jongin’s face. “It’s ok, I guess,” He says as he places a kiss on his son’s forehead. “We’ll have to keep him busy in the afternoon.”

 

“Dad!” Yixing yells from the hallway before walking inside the family room. “Oh, shoot, I’m sorry. Did I wake him?” He leans over his little brother to check and sees he’s still very much asleep.

 

“He sleeps like a log and he’s probably drooling all over my shirt,” Yifan says with a small chuckle. “Did you want to ask me something?”

 

“Oh, yeah. Did you get the tent from the basement?” Yixing sits on the armrest of the couch as he ruffles through the backpack he’s going to take on the trip.

 

“That’s it! I knew I was forgetting something.” He stands up and Junmyeon takes Jongin in his arms. Yixing follows Yifan as they head to the basement.

 

“Whoa, you’re getting heavy,” he says as he adjusts his boy on his arms. “Don’t make a mess of the basement, please.”

 

With Jongin in his arms he isn’t able to do much and he’s reluctant to just leave him on the bed. He’s been drowning in essays and midterms and hasn’t had a chance to just cuddle his little boy in forever, and he knows how much Jongin likes to cuddle.

 

He sits on the couch as he threads his fingers on Jongin’s dark locks. He still remembers when Yixing was a little boy and he used to do the same, just sit and snuggle while humming a song quietly, taking in each other’s presence like it’s the only thing they’ll ever need. But Yixing’s growing up now and Junmyeon misses having two little boys instead of only one.

 

“Found it,” Yifan says after however many minutes they spend down in the basement. “It’s almost time to go. I’ll get things ready in the kitchen, you take Jongin to the car.”

 

“Ask Yixing to take the bags in the living room. As soon as I strap in Jongin, I’ll put them in the trunk,” Junmyeon tells him as he stands on his tiptoes to kiss Yifan.

 

Yifan sees this and leans down to meet him half way. He smiles as they lock lips. “Love you, Professor Kim,” he tells his husband as he places a hand on his cheek.

 

“Love you, Doctor Wu.”

 

 

 

 

-------

a/n: Hello again! The adventure is still not over~ More of the family trip on the next chapter c: 

Thank you for reading and subscribing!! <3