Lost & found

Lazy Saturday

Lost & found

 

 

 

 

His bed had never felt so good before this very moment. Yifan slides his arm under his pillow and leans his head on the comfortable surface. He’d just come home after a grueling 32-hour shift and all he wanted was to sleep until morning. However, a tiny hand poking his cheek was not liking it.

 

“Daddy,” Jongin whines. He was supposed to be down for a nap already, he’d made sure the boy was nicely tucked in in his own bed since Junmyeon was out with Yixing for the afternoon. “Daddy, I can’t find my bunny.”

 

Yifan groans as he rolls around in the bed much like Jongin does when he’s cranky. “Jongin, go get your nap, we can look for your bunny later.”

 

“But Daddy, I can’t sleep without him,” he pouts and Yifan might as well be gone. Jongin knows how to get what he wants. He thanks heavens his little boy is not a spoiled brat because he’d probably go broke or something.

 

He sighs deeply before rising from his comfortable bed and ruffling Jongin’s hair. “Ok, baby, you win.”

 

They look for what seems like forever, even going as far as sweeping the backyard and the garage, only to come out empty handed. Jongin is nearly in tears when Yifan just gives up and drops to the couch with a yawn. He pats the spot next to him and Jongin hops on the couch with a tiny jump. Jongin sniffles quietly as Yifan thinks of places the bunny could be that they haven’t searched yet. He threads his fingers through his boy’s silky black hair as he worries at his bottom lip.

 

“He has to be here somewhere,” he says as he looks at his youngest, who had placed his head on his Dad’s lap, only to realize he was slowly falling asleep thanks to his magical fingers. He purses his lips and keeps the motion with his hands so as to not disturb him.

 

A few minutes go by like this and the tiredness from his exhausting workday starts dawning at him. His eyelids get heavier by the second and, before he realizes, he’s leaning his head on the armrest and closing his eyes for sleep to take over.

 

-

 

“Xing, can you get that bag for me?” Junmyeon asks as he closes the trunk of his car and picks up the groceries he’d bought.

 

“Sure,” Yixing answers. He adjusts the other bags he’s carrying and picks up the extra one easily. “Do you think Jongin’s looking for him?”

 

“Probably. I just hope he didn’t bother your Dad too much. He was really tired when he got home.”

 

He slides the key into the lock of his front door and enters carefully. There’s a step near the entrance and he always trips on it on his way in. He wouldn’t want to drop the wine bottle he bought; it would be a pain to clean it up.

 

As he makes his way to the kitchen he notices a large body enveloping a small one on the couch.

 

“They fell asleep in the living room?” Yixing asks incredulous. “Dad’s gonna be grumpy when he wakes up.”

 

Junmyeon laughs as he thinks about the last time Yifan had unwillingly fallen asleep on the couch. He’d had a stiff neck for days. “Let’s get these things to the kitchen and then worry about the sleepy heads.”

 

“I’ll leave Jongin’s bunny on the coffee table so he sees it when he wakes up,” Yixing offers and Junmyeon nods in agreement.

 

Later, when they are done organizing the things they bought, Yixing goes to his room and Junmyeon prepares to wake up Jongin, which is no easy task. The boy loves sleeping more than anything and can probably fall asleep on any surface at any given time. He stills remembers how he once fell asleep standing while they were waiting for their turn at the bank.

 

“Jonginnie,” he whispers. “Sweetheart, look what Yixing found.”

 

“What­– Who– Junmyeon?” Yifan suddenly wakes, yet Jongin is still deep in sleep.

 

“Hi,” he greets with a smile. “You ok?”

 

Yifan groans a bit before nodding. “You found his bunny?”

 

“It was in the car. He must have left it in there this morning.”

 

Yifan sits up and moves Jongin to a sitting position as he tries to wake him. “Baby, look, it’s your bunny.”

 

The boy whines as he tries to climb to Yifan’s arms to keep on sleeping. Seeing this, Junmyeon takes him on his arms and clears the hair from his face. “Sweetie, look.”

 

Jongin relents and just opens his eyes and the moment he see his bunny his whole face lights up and he takes him into his chest. “You found him,” he says groggily.

 

“Xing did. You forgot him in the car, silly.”

 

Jongin starts getting ready to go back to sleep on Junmyeon’s arms, clutching his bunny tight, but Yifan has other plans for him. “No, no, no, baby, no more sleeping. It’s almost time for dinner.”

 

“But, Daddy–“

 

“No buts. Now go wash your face with Xing.”

 

He hears little padded feet walking towards the bathroom and then Yixing’s voice helping him wash up. “Still tired?” He asks Yifan.

 

“Very,” Yifan answers with a sigh. “But I’m just glad you’re back.” He leans in and places his hand in the back on Junmyeon’s head to kiss him lightly on the lips.

 

“Brought stuff to make your favorite for dinner.”

 

“I thought it was my turn to cook?”

 

“We can make an exception for today,” Junmyeon says as he Yifan’s cheek and kisses him less innocently this time. “You’re gonna have to make it up to me, though.”

 

“Gladly.”

 

 

 

 

-

a/n: Long time no see lmao. Hope you guys like it~