Mail

I'll never fall for you... Never [Who Am I?]

 CHAPTER 7

 

Hey guys!!

The first couple chapters have been a little slow but I'm working on it :D I know I'm not a good writer but I really wanted to share this story so thanks for taking the time to read this! 
 
 
Thanks for the subs and comments! I get really happy when I see a new subbie keke 
 
 
 
♥♥♥♥♥
 
 
English time. 
 
Guess who was there? Your entire crew minus Riyoung. You've never been this lucky in your whole 11 years of schooling.
 
"Noooooo English" Sumi complained. 
"It's so easy what are you talking about?" Anni insisted. 
"Pshhh that's only because you're from the states" you stared supporting Sumi. Not like you were jealous or anything. Okay maybe you was... Alittle... But still, it's just another annoying subject you had to master for my parents. You have to say English is definitely your worst subject. Ugh those annoying multiple choice questions you always "fail." Why does Dongho have to be so good at passing those test, You can't compete with that.
 
After taking a deep sigh, You scan the room. Sumi behind you, Daehyun diagonal, Anni to your left and Changsub to your right, behind Daehyun. You guys sat in the left middle of the class room... The side with the teacher desk.
 
"Aww if only Riyoung was here! But I'm glad most of our group is here!" Sumi said as she looked around the room. 
"You mean you're glad Daehyun is here" You nudged her.
 
The best part of being Cupid is the teasing rights. Seeing their faces turn red and frantically signal a "no" or "shhh" is always hilarious. Of course You've become a pro knowing when's to drop hints and all that stuff, so you're pretty good at keeping things on the down low while annoying them at the same time.  Guess that's the payment one must pay when Cupid intervenes! 
 
Seo saeng walks in. She's always dressed up, a new outfit everyday. Her husband must be rich for her to have so many different articles of clothing while being a low paying teacher. But side from her fashion, she was a so so teacher; some hated her guts and some loved her. 
"Welcome to English Literature! You all will be taking college entrance exams next year so this class can really make a difference. Make sure you pay attention! Araseo?"
"Naeeee" the class said simultaneously, everyone was obviously not looking forward to those entrance exams and this class wasn't going to change that. 
You spot Daehyun in the corner of my eye. Cupid must examine the target before shooting the arrow. You wonder what he's thinking-- always avoiding eye contact when people look at him... You wonder how he's gonna talk to Sumi if he keeps on looking down. What does Sumi see in him anyways? Her last crush was Hoya but Hoya was the biggest jerk ever and had some girlfriend in college. Girls in our school go crazy for him but if only they knew his personality. Sumi goes for the model looking guys, but Daehyun... Is just a normal guy... Well in your opinion. I wonder what he did to steal Sumi's heart? 
 
The class ended pretty fast, time flys when your scheming. 
 
"Juheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah let's go home together!" Sumi linked her arms in yours as you both walked down the halls to the exit. Daehyun and Changsub walked closely front.
"I can't come over today. Text me?" You declined her offer, got to deal with this regent scores today.
"Aw darn! Aye Changsub I leave Juhee in your care!"
"Uhm what?" Changsub looked startled that he was suddenly dragged into the convo.
"Psh I'm not five... Pretty sure I can walk home alone." You insisted. Jumin has club activities on Mondays so you usually walk home alone, since when did you need a guy to accompany you.
"But you guys live in the same neighborhood!" Sumi protested. ...What is she trying to do. Oh I get it! You can always get valuable information from the target's friend. Oh Sumi you're actually pretty clever sometimes!...
"Yeah yeah our bus is here let's go Changsub."
 
You and Changsub head for the bus. You sat in the third row while Changsub took the seat behind you in the fourth row. ...Ugh I think I just missed my chance to get info on Daehyun. Well there's always tomorrow... 
 
To pass time you stare at the window. The world is a strange place. For 11 years you've ridden the same bus, looked out the same window, saw the same road, the same buildings...but somehow everyday is so different. The world is an onion. Every layer is identical but as you peel the onion changes... It's different. You saw your reflection. ...Oh gosh did I really look at that all day?... Fixing your hair in the window you saw Changsub. He was staring out the window; half intensely half at a daze. You wonder if that is how you look like when I stare? He seems at peace. The glasses frame rested nicely on his ears. His hair swept  slightly to the side. ...I wonder what he's thinking...
 
The bus reaches out stop. Rushing off the bus you forget to day good bye. When you arrived home, Umma was waiting -- arms crossed. ...Oh gosh please no. Not a lecture right when I get home. If she's gonna lecture me at least do it at night so I can sleep it off...
"Juhee go get the mail" she unfold her arms and hands you the keys. 
"Araseo Umma" I grab the keys and head out toward the mailbox. This neighborhood is weird. The mail box is pretty far away, around the bus stop. Probably since your building was built later and there was no place to put the mailboxes. 
 
There are two ways to the mailbox. Walk on the legit side walk-- the long way, or cut through the patchy rough path between the two buildings. Shortcut is it. Arriving at the mailbox you tip toe alittle to reach our slot. It's embarrassing to still need to reach for the mail at age 17. Even though your slot is at the very top it was still no excuse. 
 
Your family hasn't checked the mail in a week so the box was over flowing. You sort out the big magazine ads, the bill envelopes, and the post cards in th1e diminutive space. You was pretty sure you had everything in tact before you lifted the bundle from the box to your hand... But there is always that one piece of mail what fell from the pile. Ugh. You bent down to reach that one rebellious envelope but the wind decided to kick in. Risking the pile of mail in you hands I  ran after it. ...This is why I hate hate hateeeee getting the mail!...
 
"I gottchaaa!" Secretly celebrating my victory like a loser on the sidewalk stuck in a bent down v position. Flipping your head and hair up I noticed someone. A person standing on their apartment balcony 2 stories from where you was standing. A person leaning on the railing staring into space. A person standing next to two little dogs. 
 
That person was...
 
 
Lee Changsub.