Epilogue: "Notre Amour Est Éternel"

Paranormal Love

Man it's hot out today. What's taking the train so long?

 

He wiped away the sweat that had collected on his eyebrows with the back of his hand. The train station was especially busy this time of day. His earbuds plugged both ears, blasting all sorts of favorable tunes to distract the boy from his unbearable situation. Though the timeless universe in which he wished to travel to was not accomplished by his music. The longer he sat there, wedged between strangers, the more sultry the atmosphere around him became.

 

I'm gonna be late if it doesn’t get here soon.

 

As if answering the boys wishes, his desired mode of transportation was seen coming around the corner of the stop. He could almost grasp the blissful air conditioning within the monorail.

 

The train speaks let out a series of dings, informing the outside and inside passengers that the doors will be opening. Once the doors opened, everyone seemed to calmly rush their way inside. He held on to the closest pole, closed his eyes and took a deep breath, letting the cool air surround his heated body, his bag sliding to the floor. When he opened his eyes, he noticed a man still getting his belongings together to exit the cart.

 

He studied the male for what felt like minutes, but were only mere seconds. His soft, brunette hair graced his forehead, falling on top of his shades. His hands seemed delicate as they shoved papers into a satchel and zipped bags shut. They way he bit the bottom of his lip in focus and haste caught the other's attention.

 

Stop staring.

 

But he couldn't. This man was all to familiar, for some unknown reason. This fact alone drew many questions into the male's mind, questions that would ultimately go unanswered. Before he could get a better look at the man or ever talk to him to be sure if he knew him or not, he had finally departed the cart. His suspicious should have halted at that moment. However, a sense of longing developed, he wanted to know more.

 

The speaker let out a series of dings again, the doors were closing. His curiosity took hold of his actions, his initial plans long forgotten, the boy gripped his bag over his shoulder and bolted threw the doors before they shut completely.

 

He turned his head in the direction of the stranger, who was eventually spotted swiftly moving threw the crowded walkway. Quick on his toes, the boy pushed threw stranger by stranger, muttering apologize to those who seemed offended or taken by surprise. Once he got to the steps, luckily many people were piled on the escalator instead of walking the stairs, there was much room for the other catch up to his mystery man.

 

He rushed down the steps.

 

Close.

 

He was nearing the bottom.

 

Closer.

 

He reached out to take the man's arm.

 

Wait.

 

It was as if time had slowed down in that moment. He could feel his finger tips come into contact with and wrap around the latter's wrist. With a gentle hold on the man, he spun him around, disrupting his schedule.

 

Time stopped with a white noise.

.

.

.

You found me…

.

.

.

…I never forgot about you.