Moirai

Paranormal Love

It's been almost a week and Baekhyun and Minseok have been giving each other the cold shoulder since their quarrel in the hall. Baekhyun didn't really want an apology out of the other- though that would've been a good start- he wanted an explanation. Why had he gotten so sensitive about Chanyeol being his date to prom? It wasn’t that big of a deal to the two of them so why did his brother make it seem that way? Baekhyun just wanted to understand where his brother was coming from.

 

Chanyeol had been in the elders room once a day, everyday since then. Each time Baekhyun noticed that the other looked defeated when he left Minseok's room. Maybe Chanyeol was trying to get the him to apologize and talk it out with Baekhyun. Baekhyun thought that was logical enough and didn't want to think anything else of it. Baekhyun also thought it was sweet of Chanyeol to try to get them to make up, knowing they are both too stubborn to make a first move. Although, Chanyeol never came to Baekhyun about the subject and Baekhyun never brought it up either. Was he taking my side? Whatever the reason, Baekhyun tried not to overthink the situation.

 

Baekhyun was on his laptop at his desk when he spotted a dejected Chanyeol coming out of his brothers room. Chanyeol walked into his room and laid down across Baekhyun's desk. Baekhyun chose to ignore his weirdness and stare right through his chest to his laptop screen.

 

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked, sitting up next to the boys laptop, watching the screen.

 

"Playing Sushi Cat…You're really having a fun time being weightless aren't you?"

 

"Of course. Shouldn’t you be getting some rest for tonight? Isn't it typical for prom to last hours, past midnight even?"

 

"Thanks for being concerned but it's only 12:43PM. I'll take a nap later…" He yawned, clapping at his new high score displayed on the screen.

 

Chanyeol got off the desk and walked behind Baekhyun. He grabbed onto the chair and rolled the boy to his bed. "See, you're yawning. If you're tired now you might as well take a nap now."

 

Baekhyun lazily moved from his chair to his bed, "Why are you so persistent on me going to bed?"

 

"Be-because I care about your well being and whatever. Now go to sleep. I'll be sure to wake you up 4:00."

 

"3:00."

 

"3:30."

 


 

I'm sweating…why am I sweating…it's cold in here. Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes and realized that Minnie was his face to wake him up. "Okay okay I'm up." Baekhyun pushed the dog away by petting his head. When he sat up on his bed, he noticed a noted stuck into his dogs collar. When he took it out and opened it, Minnie walked out of the room. It read:

 

Baekhyun,

I couldn’t wake you up myself so I found a substitute.

I got held up with a surprise I'm making for you.

See you at 6.

Chanyeol

 

A surprise? Baekhyun didn't know what to expect. Although, he wasn't anticipating it either considering Chanyeol can get overly excited sometimes. Baekhyun signed, it's almost 4:00 so he should start getting ready and just let Chanyeol be himself.


"Oh my son, you look so adorable!" Hyerin cooed as she took continuous pictures of her son in his tux. "You're going to make all those girls fawn over you the second you get there. Your father and brother would be so proud of you."

 

Baekhyun was still fixing his hair and bowtie in the mirror while his mother was taking random pictures. "Umma, you're going to run out of space before my friends even get here."

"Okay I'll stop…*click*…Now I'm done." She walked over to help him with his bowtie. "You just like your father when he took me to our prom. We'll back then it was just a dance at the end of the school year, we didn't give it name but it's the same thing."

 

"I didn't know they had school dances in the early 1900s." Hyerin gave him a slap on the head.

 

"Yah, I'm only forty-two. I'm not old just yet…It feels like it was just yesterday the more I look at you." Her eyes began to water the more she smiled at her memories. They walked over to the living room to sit down. "You know, your father was the sweetest man. He showed up to my house with his family's horse instead of walking like everyone else was doing. I was terrified but I still felt like a princess…I miss that idiot."

 

Baekhyun gave his mother a hug with one arm and wiped her tears with the other. "I know umma. I miss him too."

 

The door bell rung and Baekhyun got up to answer the door while Hyerin got her camera ready again. His friends and him took pictures and mingled for about an hour until it was time to go. Baekhyun went up to his room to get his phone before they left. When he got upstairs he saw Minseok waiting for him. Baekhyun stopped a few feet away from his brother, waiting for him to say what he wants.

 

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun. I completely overreacted and got upset and yelled at you for something I shouldn't have and I'm sorry."

 

"Why? Why did you overreact? What was that made you so upset?"

 

Minseok hung his head. "I can't tell you that."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Baekhyun, just know that it's very serious and…personal. Just know that I'm sorry for what I did to you and Chanyeol."

 

Baekhyun just stared at his brother, thinking about his apology. "Even stubborn brats can apologize. I'm shocked." He smirked.

 

Minseok smiled and hugged his brother. "I hope you have a fun night." He wore a devilish grin before disappearing into his room. Baekhyun got a bit skeptical- and scared- by this. Hoping it wasn't something to be too worried about, Baekhyun proceeded to retrieve his phone from his room. When he walked inside and cut the lights on, he had instantly forgotten what he went in there to get. Standing in front of him was a Chanyeol dressed in a tuxedo. Baekhyun was completely caught off guard, his jaw hanging.

 

Chanyeol started to laugh, grinning from ear to ear. "That was the reaction I was going for. This is a big surprise isn't it." He ran his hand over his slicked-back hair, showing himself off."

 

"Your clothes…how did you change them?" Baekhyun walked up to him, examining the taller up close as to- perhaps- find an answer to his question."

 

Chanyeol grinned, "A magician never reveals his secrets , my dear."

"And you're hair…" Baekhyun touched the side of Chanyeol's hair.

 

"Awesome right? I had a tough time deciding what style to go with…do you like it?"

 

Baekhyun smiled, "You look great. I don’t know how you did all of this but…damn. You look good. Definitely an upgrade from the t-shirt and jeans and messy hair that I'm use to."

 

"Great. Now my lovely Baekhyun, let me take you to your prom." He extended his hand for the shorter to take.

 

Baekhyun grabbed his phone off of his bed, held Chanyeol's hand and headed down stairs.

 


 

"Okay children. Lets have a great time tonight. Smell the punch before you drink; I'm sure you know the difference between fruit punch and vodka." Yixing ordered everyone in the van.

 

"You just don’t want a ticket, Yixing." Jongdae exclaimed.

 

"Very true my friend. This is the family van and my father will murder me so don’t mess this is up for me."

 

Joonmyeon added, "And no ual encounters. Prom is not a social obligation to have with someone…or someones."

 

Baekhyun spoke up, "Joonmyeon I really think you should be telling that to your boyfriend, not us."

 

Jongdae jumped in, "Yeah. You've been eyeing him in that tux since he picked it out at the store." His statement made everyone aside from the couple giggle.

 

"Screw both of you." Joonmyeon said, flustered.

 

"Isn't that what you told us not to do!" Baekhyun high-fived Jongdae, laughing.

 

"Stop hounding my boyfriend and get out, twats." Yixing shut off the van.

 

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol who was sitting quietly in the back with him. "You ready?"

 

Chanyeol smiled and took the shorter's hand. "Always."

.

.

.

Even though it's only 30 after prom night officially started, the gym was nearly packed with teenagers. The only lights were those reflected off of the disco ball and from a few lazar-lights spread around. There was a fog machine going and it almost looked like a big club. The song that was currently playing was upbeat and loud with a lot of bass.

 

"Lets get ed up!" Jongdae yelled and pulled Injoon into the crowd of dancing teens. The rest of then followed suit, disappearing into the crowd.

 

When Baekhyun started dancing alongside Kyungsoo, he noticed Chanyeol was just standing there. "Come on!" He yelled over the music, "I'm the only one that can see you fumble around like a dork!"

 

Chanyeol slowly started moving, a bit embarrassed but gaining some confidence when he saw Baekhyun making an effort to dance like an idiot. Soon, he was doing the same. It felt like they had been dancing for hours, one upbeat song after the next. When they started to play slower songs, the crowd diminished to mainly couples.

 

"Wanna get something to drink?" Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun nodded, taking Chanyeol's hand to follow them.

 

Baekhyun stopped Kyungsoo when he was about to take a sip from the cup he fixed. "Smell first." They laughed, sniffing the punch beforehand. "What does yours smell like?"

 

Kyungsoo contemplated, "Hmm…Arizona."

 

"We're safe." They drank from their cups. Just then, Kyungsoo was pulled away by some of his friends, leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol alone.

 

Chanyeol watched Baekhyun as he drank his punch and bop his head to the rhythm of the song playing. He could faintly hear him humming along as well. "Are you having fun?"

 

Baekhyun turned to him with a soft smile, "Yeah. Especially since you're here." He put his hand on top of Chanyeol's on the table, causing the other to become flustered. "You know, you're really not supposed to be here."

 

"What do you mean? Is there a rule against the dead coming to school functions?"

 

"No, I mean you're technically still a second year. Prom is just for third years. How does it feel to be a rebel?" He started to chuckle.

 

That smile. That laugh. Chanyeol laughed at the fact, "I guess I am." He turn to look at the couples dancing on the floor, catching an idea. "Do you want to dance , Baekhyun? I mean it's totally fine if you don’t want to. I'll understand. That was a stupid question anyway. Aish, what's wrong with me-"

 

Baekhyun stopped Chanyeol's rambling with a hand to his face. "Calm down, Chanyeol. I'd love to dance with you." He searched the room for a bit, once he found what he was looking for he put down his cup and motioned for the taller to follow him. Eventually they made it to the far corner of the gym where the huge "Night To Remember" banner was hanging between the bleachers surrounded by balloons. "Back here."

 

Chanyeol followed Baekhyun behind the display. It was surprisingly a sufficient amount of space behind it. "You don't want people to see you dancing by yourself?"

 

"I'd rather not let people think I've finally gone crazy. Do you know my friends? I'm halfway there." They snickered. Baekhyun smiled at the boy, he really does look handsome tonight. Really. He moved closer to Chanyeol making him visibly panic on the inside, which only made Baekhyun chuckle more. He put his arms around Chanyeol's neck, holding his arms up as if they were resting on the taller's shoulders. "Put your arms around me."

 

Chanyeol did as told, shaking. He tried to hold him tighter and, as if he felt what he was doing, Baekhyun moved closer. "Like this?" Can you die twice?

 

Baekhyun nodded. "Now move with me." He started swaying left and right to the rhythm of the song that was playing, Chanyeol followed. When Baekhyun saw that he was doing good keeping tempo, he started to move his feet. "Now your feet, not too far though. Left, right, left, right. You're doing good. I thought you were uncoordinated."

 

Chanyeol laughed, "I am but this is simple. If you asked me to do salsa or something complicated like that, then we would have a problem."

 

"Well it's good that you can at least do simple." Baekhyun laid his head on Chanyeol's chest and closed his eyes as they continued to dance.

 

It felt like they stayed like that forever. Maybe they were only on one song the whole time or maybe the DJ had gone through an entire playlist already, they wouldn't know. What did stop them was the sudden change back to the "club" music. The hollers of the students and their bustling to get back on the dance floor broke the couples trance.

 

"I guess you should get back out there. They could be looking for you." Chanyeol said, the boys face.

 

Baekhyun nodded, "Alright."

 

The two spent the rest of the night dancing to whatever songs were booming throughout the gym. They only danced with each other, even if no one else could see it. By the end of the night, everyone was beat and students slowly dispersed from the campus.

 

"You guys ready to leave? Unless you want to be the last ones here." Yixing gathered the herd for departure.

 

"Can we stay to watch the teachers clean all of this up?" Jongdae asked, putting most of his weight on Injoon while he downed his drink.

 

"You do know that they spiked the punch about an hour after we got here right?" Kyungsoo said.

 

"He knew." Injoon answered, "He claimed to have high alcohol tolerance."

 

Joonmyeon shook his head. "And you believed him?"

 

She shook her head. "No. But I wanted to see how much I would take before his face turned red. I waiting for him to throw up but apparently he can hold his alcohol."

 

"Whatever. Its past midnight and I have to take all of you home so lets go."

 


 

"Bye guys. Thanks Yixing!" Baekhyun made his way out of the van.

 

Chanyeol was right behind him but was stopped by Injoon. "Goodbye, Chanyeol. It was really nice to see you." She smiled at him.

 

He smiled back at her, "Thank you, Injoon. For everything." He left the van and made his way into the house. Chanyeol looked around, he's not in here, and figured Baekhyun had already made it to his room. Once he made to Baekhyun's room, Chanyeol saw him taking off his shoes, jacket and tie. He closed the door behind him carefully.

 

Chanyeol stood there so quietly it took Baekhyun a while to realize he was in the room. "Hey. Did you have fun at your first and last prom? Well probably not your last. There's nothing stopping you from 'crashing' it next year and the years after that."

 

Chanyeol only nervously chuckled in response. "Yeah….I guess."

 

"Shouldn't you be telling your best friend about your awesome night out."

 

Chanyeol's face faltered, "I'm sure Minseok is fine. I actually need to talk to you, Baekhyun." He walked over and sat down on the bed, patting the space next to him.

 

Baekhyun sat down as well, "What's up?"

 

Chanyeol didn't talk for a while, trying to get his thoughts together. Baekhyun sat patiently until he was ready to talk. "I love you, Baekhyun."

 

He smiled, "I know Chanyeol you've told me a few times already-"

 

"I have never felt like the for anyone else… ever. I was so confused when I met you and you helped me and I'm forever grateful to you for that."

 

Baekhyun started to feel concerned, "Are you okay? You look unwell-"

 

"I can't stay here, Baekhyun."

 

"…What do you mean? You want to go somewhere else? Are you not happy here or something?"

 

"Not your home Baekhyun. I can't stay in this… form, this life, anymore. It's time for me to go."

 

He couldn't speak, not while his heart screaming in pain was the only sound he could let silently fall out of his mouth. What?

 

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun." He held the boys face in his hands.

 

"You can't leave. You don’t have a reason to."

 

"I died with regret. The regret of never finding someone that loved me the way I loved them."

 

"No." He was crying.

 

"But I found you."

 

"No, no no."

 

"Baekhyun-"

 

"You're not leaving. Not now. You can't do this to me. Please, not now." I can't breath. It hurts.

 

"I can't stay."

 

"Why not!?" He was shaking.

 

"Are you going to spend your entire life with me? A ghost? Something you can hold- you can't really hold. I'm going to watch you grow old, live your life without true happiness and that's going to hurt. When you're gone and I'm still here… that's going to be hell. I want you to live Baekhyun. For both of us. I'm not going to hold you back."

 

"You won't be holding me back, Chanyeol." He's right… it's all so true.

 

"If I'm still here you won't try to find someone else. You can't do that to yourself, I won't let you. I love you, Baekhyun. So much that I'm doing everything to make your life better in the long run."

 

"You are my life…" I'm sorry.

 

"I know it's hard. I wish I could hold you one last time. But it's time for me to go. The longer we wait, the worse it gets. If we wait too long…I will be too late."

 

I know. He cried. He couldn't stop. He just cried in Chanyeol's arms. He didn't want to stop crying, once he stop, Chanyeol will be gone.

 

"Isn't it funny though. The more I fell in love with you, the closer I was to breaking your heart."

 

"No. You're not breaking my heart. You could never do something to break my heart. I understand." they both smiled at each other, sincerely. I'll miss you.

 

Chanyeol stood up. "Are you ready?"

 

Baekhyun stood as well. "Promise you won't forget me."

 

Chanyeol the boys face. "How can I forget such a beautiful person. I will always be with you, and you with me, no matter where we end up."

 

"Come find me when you get the chance okay?"

 

"Always…" He held the boy with both hands, "Kiss me."

 

Baekhyun didn't hesitate to give him his wish. A white light glowed from Chanyeol's abdomen. It kept getting brighter. When they parted, Baekhyun could see him. Chanyeol was real, he was alive… momentarily. "Its really you." He's wearing that stupid smile of his.

 

"I wanted to hold you, to really hold you." Chanyeol put his arms around Baekhyun and kissed him again, longer, harder, as much as he could to make it last forever.

 

"I love you, Chanyeol."

 

"I love you, Baekhyun."

 

The light was gone. He was gone. Baekhyun smiled, tears still running down his face. I'll never forget that creepy, gorgeous smile. That night, Baekhyun cried all night long. He let his feelings pour out of him in one expression. He let it all out then because the next day, he started fulfilling his love's wishes... He lived.



 

 

 

A/N: Please don't kill me. Seriously though, i hope you guys really enjoyed the ending and the entire story in general. thank you for reading and putting up with my crap. This is the longest story i have ever writen and im never doing this again because i have commitment issues. Bye guys~