Halloween Night Spent

Paranormal Love
HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS~!! 
 
Sorry for making this long OTL
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
The next few days were boring to Baekhyun but it was that one time between agonizing boredom and somewhat fun that he didn't feel like stabbing a wall with his foot just to feel active, His friends and him talked the other day over video chat about their costumes for the Halloween party.
 
Joonmyeon and Yixing already decided to do a duo costume and go as doctor and nurse zombies. Jongdae called them stupid and unpreductive and Joonmyeon threatened to scratch his eyes out with his dad's scalpel. His father was a doctor so he could use one of his old and worn out coats which worked perfectly with the whole and small bloody stains, he had to bring those out more to make it look real. Yixing got his nurses uniform from his cousin who was in a medical program for a few years and worked out the rest on his own with Joonmyeon. 
 
Jongdae had procrastinated and just said the first thing to come to his mind once they asked what his costume was going to be. And of course, being the simple person Jongdae is, he shouted "Vampire!" And congratulated himself for coming up with such a brilliant idea. 
 
Injoon said she was going as a witch. Jongdae tried to make a joke but she stopped him with her demonic voice she learned to switch to and threatened to cut every inch of his body with a wire hanger dipped in boiling water until he started crying blood. Jongdae shivered and kept quiet
 
Baekhyun still hadn't really decided what he wanted to dress up as, so everyone suggested something until a "Red Riding Hood" was spoken from Injoon. Baekhyun smiled and thanked her for helping him but sad he didn't have the money to buy a costume so late. Jondae suggested getting something from Injoon, adding that she was one to have such robes lying around somewhere in her cave of darkness. Said girl pretended to curse Jongdae, holding a creepy looking book with her eyes closed and talking gibberish. Everyone laughed at how scared Jongdae had gotten, teller her it's not funny and to stop when he felt his bed shook all of a sudden. It was just the vibrations from a dump truck coming down the road.
 
So after getting all he needed from Injoon yesterday, Baekhyun was dressed in his silk like, red hooded cape that literally shined against any light, a white, long sleeved dress shirt with black jeans and ready to go to the party. He figured he obviously needed to fit the part. Baekhyun had gotten the woven basket his mother had fake fruits in to decorate the living room with and a small red and white plaided clothe that was on a small table in the hallway. He'd stapled the piece of clothe to the basket with few fruits still in it.
 
Injoon had came over so they could drive to the school together in her car. When she walked into the house, Baekhyun had expected a small girl with a dark, tattered cloak, old broom stick and maybe even her face painted green with a mole on her face, but what he saw was a pretty little teen dressed in a black and hookers green corset top, black tutu with small shades of the same green, scratched up fishnets, knee-high boots, a black cape just like his but even longer, a tiny top hat while holding a crooked broom stick, and some thick eyeliner...thicker than his.
 
Baekhyun couldn't comprehend what he was looking at. Injoon never wore anything so....this! 
 
"Are you going to sit their and drool or are we going to go, we have others waiting." Injoon stated with her free hand on her hip.
 
The boy was still confused but managed to talk anyway, "Uhhh- why are you dressed like a y witch?"
 
The girl rolled her eyes, "My aunt said I don't dress like a "girl" much unless it's uniform which doesn't count, so she bought me this and made me wear it. I'm so cold in this." Her expression was completely blank you could barely tell she was angry.
 
"Well alrighty then. Hey can you draw a few scratches on my face to make it look like a wolves mark?" He asked excitedly. 
 
"Sure but I don't have anything to do it with."
 
"It's okay. You can use Umma's make-up." Injoon drew the scratches on his face and it came out looking like he was really almost attacked. 
 
Before they hey left, Baekhyun had remembered something. He told Injoon to wait in the car for him. He ran up stairs into his brothers room. "Minseok come on I'm leaving!" He yelled to his brother. 
 
"Damn don't yell." Minseok covered his ears. "I was coming anyway."
 
Baekhyun face was serious, "Your on the floor ten feet away from your door, how were you coming?" 
 
"I could go through the floor if I wanted to." He suggested.
 
"No. Where's Chanyeol?" 
 
Minseok vaguely thought about it, "I think his in your room?" He ask more to himself
 
The younger grunted in annoyance, "Just hurry up and get downstairs damnit!" He then shut the door not so gently making the older brother laugh before phasing through the floor boards.
 
Baekhyun went across the hall and was about to open the door but stopped when he heard a deep voice mumbling. Is he talking to himself? Baekhyun slowly opened the door slightly so he wouldn't be noticed. He listened in on what the other was saying.
 
"How should I do this? Be calm about it." Chanyeol picked up the stuffed dog with an eye-patch on his left eye (Baekhyun wanted to dress him up). "Your costume look really pretty....really pretty? He's not a girl Chanyeol." 
 
What the hell is he doing? Baekhyun had grown confused and stuck his head in the door a bit to see what the giant was going. 
 
"Be cool then." The boy held the item up again to Baekhyun's ideal height. "Hey, I like your cape; it looks awesome." He smiled  and held a thumbs up but shook his head. "Aish, that wasn't cool at all." The teen got agitated and ruffled his hair in fustration. 
 
Baekhyun had to fight the urge to laugh at the others actions. He really didn't know what he was trying to do, but it seemed he was practicing to compliment someone. Minseok? No, he doesn't even have a costume. Injoon maybe? Her's was really amazing. Baekhyun drew his attention back to being sneaky and spying on Chanyeol. 
 
After the tall one calm down he sighed, "Maybe I should just say the first thing to come to my mind?" Chanyeol cleared his throat and looked the stuffed toy straight in the eye with confidence and pure motivation. "You look really great tonight Baekhyun. It's the best costume I've even seen in my life and fits your perfectly." Chanyeol's small smile grew quickly as he congratulations himself for getting it right this time. "Perfect." He repeated in whisper while setting the dog back down on the bed. 
 
Baekhyun however had slowly backed out the room and shut the door silently. Did he just say Baekhyun? Me? Why would he want to compliment me? Why would he practice complimenting me like some nervous idiot going on a first date? What the hell is this!? The short boy was about to question what he witnessed further but his thoughts were halted when he sense a figure starring at him. He looked up and Chanyeol's smiling face was right in front of him.
 
Baekhyun jumped back a bit, being startled, but regained his stature. "What do you want." That came out a bit rude but it wasn't intended. 
 
Chanyeol's smile flattened a bit at the others tone, "Oh. I was just heading downstairs." He backed up a bit to examine Baekhyn's every detail. "Wow, you look really-" He didn't finish saying what he wanted because the shorter cut him off after catching up to what he was about to say. Baekhyun didn't want to here it. He didn't know why he just didn't want to.
 
"Hey, well, we're going now so we should hurry downstairs. I think Injoon's been waiting a bit too long for us."
 
Baekhyun couldn't keep the nervous tone in his voice down enough but Chanyeol was just oblivious sometimes and Baekhyun thanked God this was one of those times. "Oh, okay. Well then, let's get out of here." Chanyeol smiled and slowly- and unsurely- moved his arm to wrap around Baekhyun. The other saw what he was doing quickly and unintentionally moved back a little.
 
Baekhyun tried to play the awkwardness off, "Come on then." He rushed past Chanyeol and down the stairs not looking back to see if the other was following. Chanyeol still had his hand in midair before registering what had just happened. He frowned a bit before following the older one to the door.
 
Injoon was petting Minnie while lowly talking with Minseok. "It's not like I chose this you ." 
 
Baehyun put on an annoyed look to Minseok after hearing that. "Hyung, what the hell did you say? Stop being a !" 
 
"All I said was that she looked really cute in this and that I never seen her in something so revealing before! What's so y about that?" The eldest held his hands.
 
"I'd say everything." Chanyeol butted in on the conversation. He came up behind Baekhyun making the smaller shift a bit but no one notice. 
 
Injoon got up from kneeling infront of the full grown dog and dusted herself off, "Annyeong Park." The girl waved to a space occupied by a hyper feeling soul.
 
It took a moment for Chanyeol to actually look at what she was wearing. He hadn't known her for more than a few days but he was still surprised. His eyes grew huge and his mouth threatened to drop open, "Uhh, nice costume Injoon." He put on a smile of which she couldn't see but could sense the tension they were all feeling looking at her. 
 
"Would you stop looking at me like that. It's bad enough I have to go to a party like this with a punch of s and...Jongdae" She shivered at the thought making Baekhyun laugh. Jongdae would either make fun of her or be stuck to her all night.
 
"Now I definitely what to go to this party." Baekhyun said, retrieving his basket and phone, slipping it into his pockets along with his earbuds. Everyone looked at him judgingly. "What? If I so happen to get bored I'll need these awesome creations." He went passed them, got the house keys off the counter and held the door open. "Well?" He asked tilting his head.
 
Everyone walked out of the house and to Injoon's car. They all looked around before getting into the car. Kids were everywhere, up and down the street in different costumes. You could hear the random door bells, "trick-or-treats" and child filled laughter all across the neighborhood. 
 
Injoon and Baekhyun looked at each other sighing happily but said, "Makes me sick" before hopping into the car.
 
Chanyeol looked confused as he watched them from his seat in the back. "Dont worry, their always like this. They don't really get sick to the stomach watching kids be happy and lively....sometimes." Minseok commented. Chanyeol sat in the back seat quietly listening to the two upfront reminisce about their past Halloween's and their adventures trick-or-treating all night until their arms gave out from the heavy bags of candy. Chanyeol sighed and had gotten a quick thought- of which he wished wasn't close to the truth. Maybe he likes Injoon; she's pretty and their a lot alike. Maybe that's why he pushed me away earlier. 
 
 ~*~
 
As they had finally arrived to the school house, many cars were parked in front and some going around back. The student parking was majority filled up while the regular parking spaces were almost completely full; it'd be like trying to find a lonely grain of sand in a pile of salt. 
 
Injoon sighed in relief, "Thank goodness theirs some spaces left, I thought you had made us a late." She focused her attention on the small path to get to the student parking area. 
 
Baekhyun looked at her like she was crazy, "How in the hell would this be considered even close to late. The stupid thing starts at 6 and it's 6:10!" 
 
Injoon on shook her head at the childish boy, parking into the closest space to the entrance she could find. "You seem to forget that a lot of kids like to come later than they usually should. Do you want to be in the car with me if I had to go through all of that traffic?" She put the car in park, pulled out the keys and turned to tilt her head at the one next to her.
 
"Nope." Baekhyun hopped out the car and grabbed his things. He went to the back to get Injoon's broomstick, completely ignoring the fact that his brother was sitting there and went right through him. 
 
Minseok got a little annoyed, "Am I invisible now?" He squinted his eyes.
 
Baekhyun chuckled and mocked the elders facial expression. "No. I can perfectly see you." He smiled and shut the door in the boys face, who just went through it and hit him on the head which actually hurt somewhat. "Aish my brain cells." The younger cried.
 
"Baekhyun~" Said boy felt a presence towering over him and turned around to see Chanyeol- again- with that annoying grin on his face. 
 
Doesn't that hurt sometime? "Don't stare like that. And quit smiling so big all the time, it's creepy." Baekhyun stated coldly but remember his manners...in a way, "What do you want?"
 
The other two stood at the side watching but mostly waiting. "When did he start being so cold today?" Minseok asked and Injoon nodded her head slowly.
 
"I just forgot something. At the house, I want to tell you- umm-" Oh no. Damnit I thought he would've let that go by now. Babo, how could he let that go, he freaking practiced on it. "You look- uhh-" 
 
Just in time, for both of the two, a vampire Jongdae had came in and roughly hugged Baekhyun. "Wassup buddy~?" He chimed.
 
"Off. I feel like I'm dieing right now." He tried gettng the teddy bear off of him but he failed. 
 
"Don't you love my costume?" Jongdae monuvered to the front of Baekhyun to face him, still holding him.
 
Baekhyun looked at the boys vampire outfit. It was really well put together for a small store-bought costume. But that's not what he answered with, "No." 
 
Before Jongdae could even protest, "Jongdae stop harassing other people!" Joonmyeon slapped his back, holding onto Yixing's hand. Jongdae let go and rubbed his hurt back.
 
Baehyun recognized his voice and turned to thank Joonmyeon but almost had a fatal heart attack. "Jesus what's wrong with you!" He was panting and held his chest close.
 
The couple rolled their eyes, "Why are you so easily scared? We're not even that scary looking." Yixing implied, looking over himself and his boyfriend. Their costume looked hand-done but real at the same time. Their faces were even painted along with the other visible parts of their skin.
 
"You're completely scary looking!" Baekhyun shouted. "Yeah, you guys look like you could eat me any second." Jongdae added, "Who did your makeup?" 
 
Yixng answered, "My cousin. I can't believe she's only ten and did this so well." He praised his little cousin.
 
Before they could get into conversation even longer, the girl in the back got closer and cleared , "Excuse me?"
 
Joonmyeon turned around and went into "Angle" mode. "Yes miss- Injoon!?" He backed up a bit. And the other two gasped.
 
"Holy , your costume it's- it's-" The Chinese boy couldn't get any words out. Jongdae on the other hand couldn't stop talking. "Oh my god. You look like a girl! A really girl! Holy hell your skirt and shoes and fish nets- ing fish nets- that cape and hat and your strapless thingy-"
 
"A corset?" Baekhyun and Injoon interrupted.
 
"That too!" The boy stopped talking for a bit to catch his breath and regain himself, "You look awesome." He said smiling nervously. Injoon had the smallest speck of blush on her cheeks that Baekhyun quickly caught, his jaw falling open, she muttered a "Thanks." before coughing and turning away to head inside. Jongdae followed suit.
 
Baehyun turned to the two- living- persons next to him, "Did anybody else see that!?" He didn't mean to yell, it was just the moment of shock.
 
"Yeah." Yixing scratched his head. "That was the first time I've ever heard another type of tone in her voice, even if it was the faintest." Joonmyeon nodded and they both started walking towards the entrance. 
 
Baekhyun shook his head and followed them, completely ignoring Chanyeol who was trying to catch his attention. The tall one sighed and went to Minseok who was already floating to the front door; he walked of course. "I don't think you should worry about it too hard. Time will come my friend." Chanyeol couldn't even get a word out before the older spoke. After his words he flew faster and above the students. Chanyeol nodded wit a straight face and walked a little faster.
 
~*~
 
The party was almost over spent majority of the night talking to Chanyeol. Jongdae and Injoon had belt a freaking ball around them, he couldn't get in and he probably didn't want to. Joonmyeon and Yixing, obviously, stayed for 5 minutes before disappearing somewhere- we all know why. And Minseok as expected by Baekhyun, left to "lightly" torment the poor paranoid teens around the gym; he did it even when he was living. Every year, Baekhyun eats the food they provide and talk to someone the entire party, he never danced or did the small games they had, this year he guesses it's alone in the hallway with Chanyeol.
 
"Is the cake any good?" Chanyeol spoke when he felt the silence taking over for too long- again.
 
Baekhyun took another bite and nodded, "It's okay."
 
Chanyeol hummed and looked forward. The music was booming from the gym so it wasn't a completely awkward silence. It didn't last long either. "Baek?"
 
"Mmm?" Baekhyun was still eating his cake so he didnt talk. 
 
Chanyeol looked down to his lap, "You look really great in your costume," He could hear Baekhyun had stopped munching on the sugar filled bread and went on smiling, "Its perfect on you." 
 
Baekhyun gulped led down the remaining cake in his mouth and looked at Chanyeol who was already starring at him. "I heard." 
 
The other was confused, "You...heard?"  He asked dumbly
 
"I heard you and saw you....in my room. You were talking to my stuffed dog." Baekhyun had looked away and to his cake which he didn't have the appetite for right now. 
 
Chanyeol looked away too, "Oh. Did I....scare you?" He asked slowly.
 
"No no! Well not exactly. I was kind of confused when I heard you talking about doing things but when I looked I thought you were maybe doing this for someone else." He paused, "Then you said my name. And I left the room feeling weird. I stopped you from saying that to me all night because I didn't want to hear you say it. I might feel weird again." Baekhyun dropped his head into his knees. He didn't want to see Chanyeol's expression.
 
The other smiled, "I feel weird for you too." He whispered low enough for Baekhyun to not hear...but he did.
 
Baekhyun lifted his head up for his eyes to peek over his knees. "But why?" 
 
"Why what?"
 
"Why try and practice saying something so simple as a compliment?" He stared at the wall waiting for an answer.
 
Chanyeol tried to think of something that didn't make him sound like a dork. "Have you ever felt so tight chested when you think about talking to someone?"
 
"Yah. I asked I question first."
 
"Just answer it." Chanyeol's deep voice was very stern.
 
"No."
 
"Then I can't explain it to you." The tall one simply put.
 
Baekhyun looked up at him, "Really?" When the other nodded, he sighed and got up dusting himself off before throwing his trash away. "Wanna go to the cemetery?" He suggested sounding happy all of a sudden.
 
Chanyeol looked at him weirdly. "But the party's not even over." 
 
"That doesn't mean I can't leave and it doesn't take long if we hurry and catch the next bus."
 
To Chanyeol, Baekhyun looked like an eager puppy when you put your hand on their leash to walk them. He liked seeing him like this. "Alright." 
 
Baekhyun cheered and they headed out their the side door to the bus stop. He stopped to peak his head in the door to check if anyone was looking for him whic he deeply doubted. Everyone was doing the exact same thing since before he left. But Minseok was now tormenting his old classmates; Luhan and Yifan. Luhan was shacking in his Little Bow Peep getup and Yifan calming him down as Minseok pulled on his Dragon tail.
 
"Hey, you coming?" Chanyeol, the boy nodded and caught up with where the taller was standing. They left a little too early because they missed the announcement for best girl and boy costumes, and he definitely missed hearing Injoon's and Jongdae's name being called for the best as a couple.
 
~*~
 
Probably the worst thing to happen this night was that it was extremely cold at this hour. Baekhyun should be used to this in some sort of degree given it's not even snowing and his lived here his whole life, but his body never got used to it. And to top that off he wasn't even wearing a jacket this time. The only thing he had to keep from dying was the sleeves on his shirt, a silk cape which was actually kind of helping considering his warmth giving history, and pure will power telling himself to not close his eyes and relax even for the slightest moment. 
 
The two males had made it to the cemetery and Baekhyun rushed it as much as his numb feet could let him to the lobby. It was always unlocked until a certain time. He shook violently for a second before slumping to the cold floor and shivered. 
 
"Why this weather? Am I being curse for something I did?" The small boy muttered.
 
Chanyeol sat in front of him with his arms crossed. He frowned seeing Baekhyun uncontrollably shaking because of his unadaptable bodily functions. He looked around the small room to see if he could find something useful. He soon spotted a coat hanging from a coat rack. 
 
He looked back to Baekhyun, the boy was lying on the floor curled up looking at nothing. Probably too busy thinking about other things. That's good anyway. Chanyeol got up and went over to the coat rack. It took him a while but he managed to use enough controlled force to pick up the coat and tote it back. 
 
Chanyeol bent down and draped the thick-layered clothe over Baekhyun. He didn't realize he had been covered with a heavy material until he started to feel warmer. He jolted up and looked down at the coat. When he turned to the teen beside him, the other beamed and patted his head, "Next time bring a big jacket. No matter what. Got it?" 
 
Baekhyun nodded and smiled at him too. "You know, I really like coming here a lot. It's been a long time since the last-" 
 
"The last time you we're here was 6 days ago." Chanyeol said making creases on his forehead.
 
"Exactly! You don't understand. This is like a second home to me. You can ask Minseok and Injoon, I used to come here often. Sometimes it would be right after school, whenever I got bored at home or just whenever." 
 
"I do get it. I had something that I always used to go to just because I felt like it." Chanyeol stated. Looking out the glass door at the rows of gravestones. 
 
Baekhyun sled down on his back and looked to the ceiling, "What was it." 
 
Chanyeol did the same and managed to secretly get a little closer, "Jeongbin park. It has a really big tree in a meadow near a stream. I used to go their all the time; it was like a drug addiction. Everyday I'd sit under that tree and fall asleep just thinking about anything." 
 
Baekhyun nodded but hide the confused look in his face. *Jeongbai park? Why does that sound so familiar? Baekhyun shrugged it off thinking it was probably just some place he'd been to once or twice. But he could shake the small pain he had in his heart once hearing the name.
 
"I'm going outside." Chanyeol got up and headed towards the entrance to the graveyard. Baekhyun shot up and slowly followed him. *Whats he doing?
 
Chanyeol started walking then stopped to look around and walked again. This went on for a good 2 minutes and Baekhyun wanted to seriously hurt him after 30 seconds. "What are you doing?" 
 
Chanyeol finally stopped, really stopped. He just stood their silent, Baekhyun almost bumbed into his back. The shorter couldn't really see what he was looking at by looking through him but he could tell it was a gravestone. Did he want to visit someone? Who? He went around the taller slowly and focused his vision on the small words imprint. He could feel his heart drop. 
 
Here lies Park Chanyeol
2013, 10 25
The brightener of days, the heart of happiness
R.I.P.
 
Baekhyun thought it was weird for Chanyeol wanted to come see his own stone but a lot of others would.
 
"This is were my body lies. In the dirt with a bunch of worms and underground insects-" 
 
"Stop it." Baekhyun cut the tower off. "Don't make it sound like your nothing but crap down the-" 
 
"Exactly, 'crap', I'm crap down their with other crap. Underneath, below everything else...like I always was." Chanyeol fell to his knees staring at the earth above himself. 
 
"Don't say that." Baekhyun got on his knees in the space infront of him. "Look at me." Chanyeol didn't look up until he felt the seriousness in the others voice. "Your not crap or dirt and definitely not someone below other things. If anything your high above the rest. I'm sounding cheesy but I mean it. I've known you for less than a week and even before today I could tell that you were something different than anything else." 
 
Chanyeol looked at the ground underneath their close bodies. "Because I'm weird." He stated.
 
Baekhyun snapped his fingers to make him look back up, "Because your better." He whispered, standing up and moving over, "The person in this burial is the person I'm looking at right now. Your even above yourself," Baekhyun gulped at what he was about to say quietly, "and you'll be even higher than you are now soon." He hadn't noticed few drops of tears running down his cheek. 
 
Chanyeol got up, taking both of Baekhyun's hands- surprising the hell out of him- and using them to wipe away his tears. "I'd cry along with you if I could, but I can't so just stop." 
 
Baekhyun wiped the rest of his face quickly, regaining himself, "I wasn't crying I was getting my point across." The boy tightened the jacket around him. "I'm going to put this bac-" 
 
Chanyeol grabbed onto the others shoulders hard enough until he saw in the boys face that he could feel him. "Can you sing for me?" 
 
Baekhyun had the most stupid face he could make for such a question, "Mwoh!?" 
 
"Right now, please?" Chanyeol wasn't begging as much as it sounds. 
 
It was amazing to Baekhyun how this smiling virus could act like this. He eventually agreed after standing for too long. What song?" 
 
"The one you were singing at the bus stop the other day coming home. I don't know the name of it." 
 
Baekhyun couldn't even remember what he had for dinner last night, but tried thinking really hard. Chanyeol helped him a bit buy singing what he remembered, trying his best to speak English, "I really wanna touch somebody, I think about you-" 
 
"Every single day." Baekhyun started smiling and so did Chanyeol after hearing the beautiful voice again, "I know we're only half way their but-" 
 
"You can take me all the way, take me all the way aye." They sang the last part together. Chanyeol moved to hold Baekhyun as close as he could. 
 
Baekhyun felt his chest tighten, What in the hell? But nonetheless he stayed still, not being able to actually hug Chanyeol back- not that he wanted to or anything.
 
He continued singing...
 
You're such a hard act for me to follow
Love me today, don't leave me tomorrow, yeah
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same~
 
I don't know where to start, I'm just a little lost
I wanna feel like we never gonna ever stop
I don't know what to do, I'm right in front of you
Asking you to stay, you should stay, stay with me tonight, yeah~
 
The rest of the night went on with Chanyeol making Baekhyun sing a bunch of Maroon 5 songs he liked since he, as Chanyeol said, was great at singing in English.
 
They both the same thought for sometime now, How do you make me feel this way? But two entirely different questions.