Get Ready

Paranormal Love

A dim room surrounded Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They were hugging, well, Chanyeol was hugging Baekhyun while the shorter stood in his place crying. "I'm sorry but I have to go." The tall ones whispers carried out through the room. He started glowing white and Baekhyun just cried even harder. 

"Please don't leave. D-don't leave me Chanyeol, please." Baekhyun cried out, barely saying a word without it being cut off my a loud, chocking sob. "I-I don't want y-you to! N-not yet, not e-ever!" 

"I said I was sorry." Chanyeol kissed the top of Baekhyuns head, "Goodbye Baek." After his last words, Chanyeol vanished into the bright light admitting from him in a flash. The room got even darker Baekhyun could barely even see anything. But what's it matter, there was nothing but close walls. Nothing to see....not anymore. Baekhuun feel to his knees before completely lying on his side, curled up in a ball. He cried into his knees without end. He could feel his heart breaking piece by piece. The pain was eating him away. He felt like nothing. He felt like he was just a puff of air. Or maybe just empty. He kept replaying Chanyeol's last words to him in his head. They seemed to get louder, drowning out his depressed sobs every seconds until it was all he could hear.

 

"Baek wake up!" 

Baekhyun shot his eyes open and gasp for air a little too hard, he started to chock on air for a bit. His eyes darted to different places until he noticed he was in his room. He sighed, hand cluntching over his heart still panting from the dream he had. Or nightmare. Baekhyun then noticed Chanyeol was lying on his bed infront of him. Why does he look so worried and scared?

"Baekhyun you were having a nightmare. It's okay, your awake now." Chanyeol showcased a comforting smile to Baekhyun, showing every sign of love and care. He then reached over to hug him. The smaller may not be able to feel the comforting warmth of his embrace but atleast he can sense it in the things he does, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"N-no I'm fine. I just-" 

He didn't finish because his mother bursted through the door almost startling them both, "Oh my goodness, Baekhyun-ah your awake! I could hear you crying from down the hall." Crying? Moving his hands to his wet face, Baekhyun didn't even realize. "Just kidding. I came to wake you up early and thought you were sweating until I hear you sobbing. You were warm so I brought you a cold rag." Hyerin placed the cold, wet fabric on top of her sons forehead. "It's still early so just take a rest to cool down before getting ready, arraso?"

Baekhyun smiled up at his mother, "Arraso. Gomawo umma." He waited until his mother close the door and heard her footsteps fading out before heaving a sigh, falling back unto his pillow. Baekhyun slowly turned his head to look at a death grinning Chanyeol only a few inches away from him.

Why do you have to make this so difficult? I don't want to be close to you! "You know just because your dead doesn't mean personal space doesn't apply to you." Baekhyun said in a rude tone. But why do I feel the exact opposite at the same time?

No matter the unfriendly statement, Chanyeol's signature grin stayed in tact like it was super glued on his face, "You should be greatful you can see me. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see just how close I can get." 

. . . .damn, "Uhhh....I have to get ready." Baekhyun threw the now warm rag off of his head and started sprinting to the bathroom. He didn't notice his face was bright pink. 

Chanyeol walked out into the hallway after he heard the bathroom door shut, "Now he's awkward."

"it was funny though. He got so flustered he didn't even see me. But remember what we discussed. Don't be too flirty though." Minseok stated before walking through the door to his room. 

Why can't he just like me for me? Hmmm? What if-

~*~

Baekhyun stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist walking into his room. He went to his closet to get his uniform, a black polo short and some khakis. Then he walked over to the dresser to find some boxers and socks. Before he even thought of changing into his clothes he looked around his room and realized that Chanyeol wasn't in the room anymore. He assumed he was taking with Minseok or maybe wandering around the house. At that he quickly changed into his uniform. After doing so, Chanyeol waltzed right through the door, literally. 

"Hey Baek." The boy said with a small smile, so small it was barely noticeable. It made Baekhyun feel weird. The way his facial expression was made him think back to his dream. The face...so similar.

Chanyeol's voice shook him out of his thoughts. "Baek are you okay?" He's eyes looked so big and filled with concern, Baekhyun could almost feel the others emotion.

"Yeah yeah. I'm hungry~!"

"When aren't you?" Chanyeol replied back. Then, they both heard scratches at the door. "Oh yeah that's what I came in here to tell you. Minnie needs food. He was spazzing on his back like he was having a mild seizer." he explained.

Baekhyun sighed before heading down stairs with his navy blue book bag thrown around his shoulder. Chanyeol followed quickly behind. Once downstairs, Baekhyun threw his bag on the couch and headed for the kitchen. He walked in to see his around 7 year old German Sheperd pretending to die. "So much drama with you. I swear you, Minseok, and umma are too much alike." Baekhyun walked over Minnie and to the cabinet. He felt like Poptarts today. Not feeling as hungry, he decided to give the other peice to Minnie. 

Popping the cookie dough poptarts in the toaster, the male went back to the living room to his bag to make sure he had everything for his classes today. Wouldn't want a repeat of last week. Leave one very important folder and you get an F for the day. Baekhyun groaned at the thought of the class feeling pitty for him and sneakering in the background when he had to explain a thousand times to Ms. Kim that he wouldn't do it again and not to give him that F. 

"That's a really big calculus textbook. Let me guess...Ms. Kim?" Chanyeol heard from Kyungsoo that she was the only teacher in that school to make her students take home things that are suppose to be kept safe in the classroom. "She's a toughie right?" 

Baekhyun shivered at the sound of her name, "She's a she-devil. The principal loves her and think she's just a saint so she can get away with breaking the school rules. The homework is reasonable unless it's a useless report. Who needs reports in calculus!? And the only people who tolerate her are the top students because she's easy on them." 

"Damn." Chanyeol whispered, watching Baekhyun put the book bag on both his shoulders and walk into the kitchen again. "Even Mr. Choi isn't that bad and he only loves his seniors. It's like we're nothing but crap to him."

"I had him last year." He put a poptart in Minnie's food bowl and bit into his own, "That basterd." He stated with a full mouth. 

"Food~!" Minseok sanged as he walked up to dongsaeng. "How's my favorite sibling?"

"I'm your only sibling." Baekhyun said with a bored expression, still eating his breakfast.

"Your so unenthusiastic it kills cheerleaders moods." The older said then looked at the clock, "It's 6:40 by the way." He smiled to his little brother who almost chocked on his food. 

"Damnit!" Baekhyun ran to the fridge and drank as much of the left over water he spotted first when he opened the door. Running to his book bag and ran out the door only to come rushing back in. Throwing muffled curses while jogging up to his room.

Chanyeol watched the whole thing along with Minseok. He turned to the shorter with a questioning look. "He always forgets something." The giant snapped his head back when he heard footsteps again. Baekhyun had a black fitted jacket, his bag on his back. 

"Bye Umma!" He yelled loud enough for his mother to hear. Then a hand got infront of his face making him halt in his fast pace. 

"Stop!" Chanyeol commanded with his arm held out. 

Baekhyun was almost fustrated, "Chanyeol I'm gonna be late! What is it?" His patients was growing thin at the passing seconds.

"I'm coming with you!" He said with that wild smile of his. 

"What!?" Both Baekhyun and Minseok were caught off guard by his statement. 

"Yeah. I thought about it this morning after we talked Minseok Hyung." Chanyeol's smile never left. He felt so brilliant. 

"I feel so proud right now." Minseok looked like he was at the edge of tears.

Baekhyun didn't even know half of what was going on and left it how it was, "Look I don't care as long you don't try any paranormal to scare anyone!" With that, Baekhyun ran out the door with a happy on crack Chanyeol behind him. 

"Bye Minseok Hyung~!" Chanyeol cheered walked through the closed door. He loves it a bit too much.

Minseok chuckled to himself. "What's that boy got up his sleeve. Honestly, hiding something like this from me." He shook his head, sighing, "I would go but my show's about to come on." Minseok turned around and headed upstairs to room.