First Night

Paranormal Love

🎶She makes me go insane~ She gives me so much pain~ I won't be bad again~🎶

Continuous and loud barks and growls can be heard through Baekhyun's already high tuned up music. "Why?" Baekhyun whined, pulling down his headphones. They were at a red light. He turned towards the backseat of the car to see Minnie barking at another dog in the other car beside them. "Again, why?" 

"Let him talk all he wants to. He doesn't have anyone else to talk to." His mother stated beside him, driving down the road once the light turned green again.

"I don't get why everyone in our tiny neighborhood had to get small dogs." Baekhyun pouted putting his headphones back on and closing his eyes. Hyerin just shrugged and kept her eyes on the road.

"Why are you guys the only one's with a huge dog?" Chanyeol asked Minseok while petting Minnie's head.

"Well, for one, our parents moved into that neighborhood because it's small and there was not one household without even one child. I guess they thought it would be a good thing for their kids to have a lot of other kids to play with." he continued, "Two, apparently all of those kids were afriad of big, scary looking dogs, so it makes sense for parents to have small dogs for their children to feel comfortable with. But me and Baek are different. I didn't have any problem with the size of dogs where as Baekhyun loved really big dogs. German Sheperds are already full grown by the age of 3 or 4 and we got Minnie when he was just a pup. Baekkie didn't want him because he was so small but we told him that after a few years he'll be twice the size of any of us."

Chanyeol only nodded. Hmm? Baek. Baekkie. I wonder if he'll let me call him that? After a while they arrived home. Baekhyun instinctly sat up, knowing the number of stops and turns they go through to get home.

Minnie jump to the front seat and hopped over Baekhyun as he opened his door to get out. "Impatient creature." He mummbled to himself. Stepping out of the car, Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol eying the rest of the neighborhood like he was trying to put his finger on something. "You okay?" He asked the taller curiously.

Chanyeol turned to him, "Uh..yeah. I was just thinking of- this place looks really familiar." He started to furrow his eyebrows again.

"Really? Did you live here?" Baekhyun started walking to the door behind his mother while talking lowly with Chanyeol close behind. 

"No but I remember one of my friends living here. We weren't close because he was an upper classmen but we were still friends." He stated following Baekhyun upstairs. Once in his room, Baekhyun didn't have to speak in a hush tone. 

"Upper classmen? How old are you?" 

"Sixteen. Just a few months ago actually." Chanyeol replied casually making his way to the center of the room and sat on the floor.

Baekhyun's eyes were close to popping out of his head. "Oh my god. I thought you were at least in college or something. That means I'm older than you. What year are you in?"

Chanyeol let out a small chuckle, "Second year of high school. I would be in my third but my parents made me start school late because they thought I 'wasnt ready yet'." 

"I'm in my third. You said you knew someone who lived here, right?"

"Yeah. His names Kyungsoo-"

"Do Kyungsoo!?" Baekhyun was astonished. Do Kyungsoo didn't look like one to have most friends as quiet as he was. And he's friends with Chanyeol....an unbelievable moment.

"Yes? Is that a bad th- wait you know him?" Chanyeol got confused by the way Baekhyun raised his voice.

"Who doesn't? He's the smartest kid in the entire school-" Hold it right their, "Hold on. Do we go to the same school?"

They both stared at each other for a while before Chanyeol broke out into a huge grin. "We go to the same school! It makes sense that I don't know you because we're in different grades and the grades rarely mix! This is awesome!" He was too excited for his own good it almost scared Baekhyun.

"What's today? Sunday? Ugh," Baekhyun fell face first into his bed, "I don't wanna go to school tomorrow!"

"You sound like a little kid." Chanyeol pointed out making Baekhyun groan at him.

"That's because his a stubborn little brat." The extra voice made the two boys scream in terroir. 

Baekhyun groaned again, "Jesus Christ Minseok!" 

Minseok just giggled! "I see you too are getting along well. Also from what I overheard," Yeah right overheard, Baekhyun thought, "You guys go to the same school...well use to. Sorry dude." He sent an apologetic smile towards Chanyeol.

"It's okay." He replied with a wonderfully big smile. 

"How big can that thing get- Ow!!" Minseok threw one of his pillows at the youngers head.

"That's rude!" The elder yelled. He turned to Chanyeol, "Make yourself at home Chan!" Then he made his way out of the room going though the door. 

This caught Chanyeols attention, "Cool I can go through walls!?" The tall one got up and started running towards the door, running right through it. "Awesome!" Baekhyun could here Chanyeol outside of his room. It just made him laugh at his childishness.

 

~*~

 

Baekhyun was now having dinner with his mother in the dining room. They were eating dukbokki. It was quiet with just the two of them but he was use to it. He didn't like the expression on his mothers face though. "Umma? Are you okay?" 

Hyerin looked up from her plate to her son, "Of course I am. Why do you ask?" Her expression changed to a more lively one but her aura was still a depressing one.

Baekhyun put his chopsticks down and stared into his mothers eyes, "I know you get like this after we vist appa and Minseok hyung, but I think it's just making you feel worse umma. I don't think you've gotten over their death's."

"Baekhyun I know your worried about me but please I'm fine. You don't need to worry. It's only been a short time you can't expect me to be fully okay with everything right now do you?" She asked in a very considerate tone.

The boy sighed and smiled at his mother, "Okay umma I understand. I won't worry so much." He then got up to put his dish into the sink. "Goodnight umma!" He gave his mother a big hug.

"Goodnight. Don't ever leave me." She said as he was about to walk out the kitchen.

"Not for a long time." Baekhyun told her. He made his was upstairs and to his brothers room. When he walked in, Minseok was happily chatting away with Chanyeol. "You guys aren't talking about me are you?" He asked playfully sitting on the bed across from the other two.

"Of course we are." Minseok stated bluntly. Chanyeol hit him on te arm. "Hey! No hitting your elders!"

"You weren't suppose to tell him!" Chanyeol was about to hit him again.

"What were you talking about?" Baekhyun asked so innocently, like he didn't have a care. The question made Chanyeol blush visibly. "I didn't know you guys could blush." Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at Chanyeols face only making it grow redder. 

Minseok had to suppress his laughter, "I was informing Chan here about all the things that you like and things that flip you off. You know for cautious reasons." 

Liar. "Okay sure. Why do you keep calling him Chan? You guys just meet liked few hours ago." Baekhyun stated.

"I'm not anti-social like you. And why can't I Bacon." Minseok mused.

"Baozi!" Baekhyun retorted. Minseok put his hand to his heart dramatically with his mouth open as if he was affended.

"Yeolk!" Chanyeol announced loudly smiling like a mad man. 

"What?" the smaller two said confused.

"I want a food name too~" He sanged happily.

"Then why not eggyeol!" Minseok said like he was a genius.

Baekhyun turned to him, "Why egg related?" 

Minseok smiled even more, "Because you guys look good together and no one likes their bacon without eggs!" Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun who had a tent of blush on his face.

"Your stupid and I'm going to bed. Night~" He got up and quickly walked to his room across the hall.

Chanyeol pouted when he left. Minseok put a hand on the tallers shoulder, "It's okay. He's just shy. He'll come around." That gave the giant a reason to smile all night.